Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punchshp said:
I think same thing happened with applicants from 2014 when they got new application in 2015 & 2016.
So whoever from prior to 2015 that has not had PPR by now, will probably be waiting 5 to 6 more years.
Just like those poor souls from 2011, still waiting and waiting

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
nina.roy said:
Wow, this is outrageous! No fair..... (I'm a 2015 PGP applicant, medicals done Aug-Sep 2016 and still waiting for PPR.... :mad: )
Do medicals show pass in Mycic? This is insane, they have paused 2015 it looks like. Did you try to write to them or contact your MP? Although, in my experience nothing helps.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
jeffporfirio1 said:
So whoever from prior to 2015 that has not had PPR by now, will probably be waiting 5 to 6 more years.
Just like those poor souls from 2011, still waiting and waiting
That is very scary thought, lets hope for best.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Do medicals show pass in Mycic? This is insane, they have paused 2015 it looks like. Did you try to write to them or contact your MP? Although, in my experience nothing helps.
Nothing helps.
In essence, they are trying to fast track 2016 and 2017 (even more so - aim is 8 months or less) to show, new liberal administration is "getting things done", whereas 2015 and prior (all the way back to 2011) will get filed away, as they applied during Conservative government

you may chose to not believe me, but then go and read the latest posts in the 2016 thread..most are "yay ..landed"...or "yay got PPR"

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Ibaadat said:
Unfortunately I am not able to link my application, but by looking in to forum it seems you are able to see that in My CIC but not in ECAS.
I called them few times but it was not helpful, I never tried to get help from MP.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
jeffporfirio1 said:
Nothing helps.
you may chose to not believe me, but then go and read the latest posts in the 2016 thread..most are "yay ..landed"...or "yay got PPR"
Yes, I've noticed that too in 2016 forum. Although, I am happy that families are reuniting, I am definitely stressed about 2015, and our cases. This is not fair and no one is taking it serious. I've contacted lots of people, and only few responded saying visa offices are processing cases from Jan 2014 so your case is not outside timeline. They have put misleading date and using that as an excuse.

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
Yes, I've noticed that too in 2016 forum. Although, I am happy that families are reuniting, I am definitely stressed about 2015, and our cases. This is not fair and no one is taking it serious. I've contacted lots of people, and only few responded saying visa offices are processing cases from Jan 2014 so your case is not outside timeline. They have put misleading date and using that as an excuse.
That is the standard response....the applicant from 2011 (read that thread) get the same response, which is ludicrous

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi!

My mother in low is residing overseas and her file is in her LVO. She's received a PPR.
Actually she only needs to send a copy of her passport along with 2 photo, not the passport itself.
BUT... She will have a hard time to prepare that package (there is no one there to help her), let alone the landing process itself afterwards(she doesn't speak a word in English).
So we've been thinking whether the following scenario will work:
We have her photo for PR here in Canada, and send the package to Ottawa office, so that her COPR will be sent to us.
When she comes for a visit, we'll take her to land to the nearest border.
Has someone heard of something like this?

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think asking for the copy of the passport is the same as PPR. Just saying, they need to put the visa in her original passport.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
lenium said:
I don't think asking for the copy of the passport is the same as PPR. Just saying, they need to put the visa in her original passport.
It is a PPR. This is how it works for the Visa exempt countries. I did the same for my mom and it worked perfectly fine. The difference is that my mom is here in Canada, so it was very easy.
For someone who is alone overseas, might not be a such easy thing.. That's why I'm asking if there are other ways around.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I didn't know that. Thanks for updating me.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jeffporfirio1 said:
And in the meantime a large majority of 2016 PGP applicant have already have had passport request, or have landed. 2016 applicant got fast tracked, 2017 will be even faster. As agent are being ordered to take newer applications and file 2015 and older
This is not true. Why? Because I get the updates from most forum users of 2014, 2015 and 2016 threads.

Here is a summary of PPR's so far...

2014: 32 out of 78 applications received PPR
2015: 28 out of 206 applications received PPR
2016: 35 out of 383 applications received PPR

2015 batch could have been little better in term of overall progress. But when you say "a large majority of 2016 PGP applicants have already had passport request, or have landed.", this will only misguide people here.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
My father was sent for more tests and looks like he has renal failure. He was assessed by a Nephrologist and was told that, at this time his condition is stable with medication and will not require dialysis but the doctor advised that CIC tends to view these cases negatively as there is no guarantee that he will not require dialysis in the next 10 years. My father is 75 years old.

My question is, should I withdraw my parents application before a formal refusal? or let the process go through and wait for the inevitable refusal letter? A positive appeal after refusal in this case is highly doubtful and costly too.

I want to avoid a "black mark" per se, so that my parents will not have any issues with at least travelling on visitor's visa to Canada and other countries. I am worried that a refusal for PR in Canada has to be disclosed when applying for visitors visa and this can pose problems in the future.

Appreciate any advise and insight.

kuljit

Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2014
Hi friends
I would like to inquire about my parents in law for applying them as a permanent residence application.
How much income i need to apply ? We have 1 child and mom
Dad .total becomes 5 together..
How much we need every year? My daughter was born on 2014.does it effect the anything previous tax?
Please somebody give me detailed information for applying..
Thank you in advance