CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
gks_2012 said:
Hi Guys,

GOOD NEWS

Yesterday we received the passport back from CPC Ottawa with stamping and the COPR letter included. Its a celebration at our home. My mother will be living with us from now in Canada with god's grace.

It was a quick 1 week job after i posted the passport to CPC. Wow, CIC so fast, its amazing.

Anybody knows how to do flag polling at buffalo, please send me some details about it.

Thanks all for the information and good luck to all those waiting.

GKS_2012
Guys,

We have successfully completed our landing procedure by flag polling at rainbow bridge a day before Christmas. There was no traffic and officers did the job quickly. Turned around and did our landing formalities and got stamped, headed back home.

With this our journey ends here. I wish you all good luck and email me for any queries or questions, i will do my best to answer with my knowledge and experience.

Take care,
GKS_2012

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
741953 said:
Thanks everyone here for all the supports and helps throughout the process since 2014. It's a chapter took me almost 20+ years in the making. And I wouldn't make it without your help.
Big shout out to Rossei for all the hard work you put on maintaining the spread sheets.
Best wishes for everyone to have a smooth sail with their cases.
Thanks 741953 and a big congratulations!

Congrats to isha_94 and gks_2012 as well.

FYI, I've shared both 741953 and gks_2012 flag-poling story in another thread that I created: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flagpole-experiences-parents-landing-t462476.0.html

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know my parents have received their immigration visa (LVO: NDVO)on their passport and have until July 2017 to claim their PR. While I am relieved I am now curious as to what the next steps are re: SIN#, Health card...etc. Also how does taxation work? Wondering if we should start a separate forum for those whose parents are now relocating to Canada.... what are things we need to do/know to make sure our parents have a smooth transition to Canada.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
like this idea, i second

even though we have pledged to sponsor them for the next 20 years, what are the other priviledges available to them (we know health etc, but yes how do taxes work, as my parents are eager to work, how does all that work)

Nkunjur said:
Hello,

Just wanted to let you know my parents have received their immigration visa (LVO: NDVO)on their passport and have until July 2017 to claim their PR. While I am relieved I am now curious as to what the next steps are re: SIN#, Health card...etc. Also how does taxation work? Wondering if we should start a separate forum for those whose parents are now relocating to Canada.... what are things we need to do/know to make sure our parents have a smooth transition to Canada.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Nkunjur said:
Hello,

my mom just landed last week. On top of my head, here's a list of things we're going to do:

- Sin Card
- Bank account (as she needs proof of resident address for applying health card later on)
- Extra insurance on top of OHIP (her Super Visa insurance is good til May 2017)
- Health Card (next month)

My mom has been in Canada since 2013 on Super Visa, not much for her to adapt regarding lifestyle. She's pretty much get used to it already. But as 71 yr old senior who doesn't speak English and never leave her home country, I consider her adapting to the new life in Canada very well.

For younger parents, who can drive, speak English and use computer. I think they're gonna fit right in. But the parents are older in age, we have to pay more attention on their well being and mental health, coz something that's easy for us, could be a real challenge for them. And they usually don't tell us what exactly their struggles are coz they're afraid it will cause us time and trouble.

If the parents are retired, I would suggest to get your parents enrolled in any sort of senior activities offered by local community centre. When my mom arrived here in 2013, I enrolled her in English, singing and exercise classes. The learning part is not important, but the fact that she got to meet a lotta people at her age who speak the same language, helped her feel more at ease of her new life here.

As my mom doesn't drive, I also gave her pamphlets, maps and bus schedules, and taught her the basic of getting around town by bus and subway. So she doesn't get to be stuck at home or the neighborhood area when I'm at work. She can go wherever and whenever she wants. I also install a tracking app on her phone (we use "Life 360"). In case she got lost and call me, I can pin point her location and help her find the way home.

My mom said she met a lotta seniors who have been living here for 10+ years but still know nothing about the place they live, where or how to do stuff, or how to get around town. They rely solely on their kids for transportation and don't go out much to meet people at their own age. My mom as a Super Visa visitor, found herself often giving advice and direction to them. It's a bit funny, but sad at the same time. For older parents, I think it's very important to let them go out and explore the city by themselves and let them feel comfortable interacting with the locals.

fsv

Dec 31, 2016
pwale said:
Looking for some help please
I received email from Delhi VO where my mom's application is being processed, they are requesting additional document (death certificate of dad)

The email does not specify whether it needs to be sent by email, webform or phycial mail.
this CIC New delhi page says we can update documents thru the webform

For now, I have uploaded the certificate via webform. Do we also need to send physical mail of the certificate ?

Send the certified copy as well as and original certificate by mail to chankyapuri, New Delhi.

fsv

Dec 31, 2016
Nkunjur said:
Hello,

First of all congratulations! I can imagine the relieve and happiness you must have and is experiencing.

Can you answer some of my queries: I am very worried and nervous....
I am asked to send updated application forms, pic and medicals and passport in single package which I did, except the imm0008 I put in package was one I filled at initial submission of application I.e. 2014, I can see the website has dec 2016 now, should I wait for them to ask about this or just send this form through webform.
Also my exams shows medicals have been received in our office. Will they also show pcc received.
What different information gets posted on our Ecas.
Thanks

pwale

Dec 24, 2011
Anyone have their file getting processed at Delhi VO, and have gotten a request for Medical only (no PCC) ?
it looks like Ottawa files medical and pcc are being always asked together, was wondering if Delhi is following slightly different process...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
741953 said:
my mom just landed last week. On top of my head, here's a list of things we're going to do:

- Sin Card
- Bank account (as she needs proof of resident address for applying health card later on)
- Extra insurance on top of OHIP (her Super Visa insurance is good til May 2017)
- Health Card (next month)
You can apply for Ontario Photo ID card which works as an alternative of driving license. It costs $35. This will work as a proof of address when you apply for OHIP. Furthermore, she will have 2 Canadian photo ID's (PR card + Ontario ID) to use where OHIP is not recognized as a valid ID.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi

I am from 2016 PGP and has posted this query there as well. Since, there is only one person who has got PPR from NDVO the probability of reply is very less there, hence posting here.

My parents got their PCC from India for the NDVO. Does anyone know what address should it to be sent along with any other extra documents?

ECAS shows sponsorship completed and PR in process. I have already paid the RPRF. Last correspondence from NDVO was for medicals last year which were completed and updated.

Thanks.

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
dbss said:
Hi

I am from 2016 PGP and has posted this query there as well. Since, there is only one person who has got PPR from NDVO the probability of reply is very less there, hence posting here.

My parents got their PCC from India for the NDVO. Does anyone know what address should it to be sent along with any other extra documents?

ECAS shows sponsorship completed and PR in process. I have already paid the RPRF. Last correspondence from NDVO was for medicals last year which were completed and updated.

Thanks.
You have to send your documents to below address. What we have done is we always write cover letter to explain situation. Other than PCC they must have mentioned in email what extra documents you need to send. Please refer that email.

Immigration Section
UNIT B
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 India

Since you have mentioned RPRF fees,

Recommendation: Call CIC call center and confirm your RPRF fee receipt is attached with your application as sometime just sending email doesn't work. If receipt is not attached you will have to fill up webform and send it to Mississauga office. Not making your life hard but mentioning you based on our own experience.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
davidkaren said:
You have to send your documents to below address. What we have done is we always write cover letter to explain situation. Other than PCC they must have mentioned in email what extra documents you need to send. Please refer that email.

Immigration Section
UNIT B
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 India

Since you have mentioned RPRF fees,

Recommendation: Call CIC call center and confirm your RPRF fee receipt is attached with your application as sometime just sending email doesn't work. If receipt is not attached you will have to fill up webform and send it to Mississauga office. Not making your life hard but mentioning you based on our own experience.
Thank you for your response. We have not yet got the request for PCC etc. (trying to be proactive). Only request from NDVO was for medicals back in July. I am going to send the PCC anyways and was thinking of adding anything more that they need so that the file gets complete like any updated forms etc.

As for RPRF, I can login to ECAS with the RPRF receipt number so I think that part is covered (I hope). Thanks for the tip.

nancy285285

Jul 15, 2016
Dear all,

Happy New year!

My parents case was sent to Hong Kong for PR process, and now the status is background IP. I have few questions:

How long it takes to change the status from background IP to PPR request?
If they request for PPR, Can I send their passports to Ottawa instead of Hong Kong? If so, what address?

Thanks,
Nancy

futurecitizen

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Hi All,

We have sponsored our parents under Family Sponsorship in Year 2015. In December 2016 my parents received request for Medical and PCC along with submitting Right of Landing fees.

I have submitted the fees and my parents have got the medical done and I have also emailed them the PCC. I have also linked their application with my account and following is the update

Application/profile status - Open
Review of eligibility - Review in Progress
Review of medical results - Passed
Review of submitted documents -
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - Not Started
Final decision - Not Started

Following are my questions

a) What is the next process now.
b) I have emailed CIC the PCC is that fine or do I need to upload the document. if yes then where
c) How much time is left before I get the Passport request
d) Would they still be called for interview or not

Can somebody please answer my questions

Thanks

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
dbss said:
Thank you for your response. We have not yet got the request for PCC etc. (trying to be proactive). Only request from NDVO was for medicals back in July. I am going to send the PCC anyways and was thinking of adding anything more that they need so that the file gets complete like any updated forms etc.

As for RPRF, I can login to ECAS with the RPRF receipt number so I think that part is covered (I hope). Thanks for the tip.
Please don't send documents unless asked for. Based on my experience it might be unnecessary effort. Rest if up to you :).