+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

onexbook

Dec 22, 2016
Guys,
First of all, Thank you all for your time. We had applied to sponsor our parents in Jan 2015 and in March 2015 we received an email saying our application has been accepted. NO news from CIC since then and friends who have applied after us in Jan 2015 have received their medicals and my Co worker who applied in Jan 2016 also received medicals for his parents. Have no idea whats happening or how CIC is randomly picking applicants from 2016 while their website says they're processing applications from Jan 2014. Please advise as any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
onexbook said:
Guys,
First of all, Thank you all for your time. We had applied to sponsor our parents in Jan 2015 and in March 2015
contact your mp. They will contact ministerial enquiries division on your behalf. Explain them the situation and they will find out where your file is stuck. I did that and i also wrote a letter of complain in professional tone and sent it to cpc mississauga. This is where our file was stuck. After few weeks some movement started on our file. I like to think it was because of my letters and my continous contact with mp office. Mp office doesn't do much but they can find out where your file still is and why not moving. Same you can find out by ordering gcms notes.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
onexbook said:
Guys,
First of all, Thank you all for your time. We had applied to sponsor our parents in Jan 2015 and in March 2015 we received an email saying our application has been accepted. NO news from CIC since then and friends who have applied after us in Jan 2015 have received their medicals and my Co worker who applied in Jan 2016 also received medicals for his parents. Have no idea whats happening or how CIC is randomly picking applicants from 2016 while their website says they're processing applications from Jan 2014. Please advise as any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
No news... as in after you have checked every online status available and made inquiries via email/phone?
If so, unfortunately, you might have to keep waiting. Yeah, I agree, write to your MP and see what he/she can do. Doesn't hurt.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Merry Christmas everyone!!
I'm happy to share that we've brought my mom for landing at Queenston-Lewiston Bridge (near Niagara Falls) yesterday (Christmas Eve) and everything went smoothly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom and I headed out early in the morning at 7 am, from Richmond Hill, Ontario. There's no traffic on the way, it's 8:45am when we reached US custom on Queenston-Lewiston Bridge. It's not busy at all, only about 2-3 cars waiting in each lane. The officer asked what we're here for, I told him we're here to do a flagpole landing. He took our passports, instructed us to make a left turn ahead and park in front of the immigration office. He specifically reminded us "to stay in your car the whole time". He then called his colleague via walkie talkie and have him show us the way. We waited for a minute or so, an officer came out from the office with our passports and a white sheet with names and passport info on it. It's a Refusal of Entry to US but it has also stated the reason, ie. for immigration landing purpose. So don't get panic when you see the refusal of entry part. We then headed back to Canada.

It's 8:50am when we reached Canada custom. Same as US custom, only a few cars waiting on each lanes. I handed the officer our passports and Refusal of Entry and told him we just did a flagpole. He asked a bunch of mandatory questions like, how much money you carrying, tobacco and alcohol...etc. He then returned our passports and Refusal of Entry, along with a yellow custom sheet. He showed us where's the immigration office located and where to park. It's basically just right next to the custom booths.

After we parked, we took a little break in the car, had some coffee and a few bites of sandwiches. When we entered the immigration office, it's around 9:05am.

There's 3 groups (total 6 people) there waiting, but only one officer was on duty. It's too early I guess. Glad that 3 -4 more officers started to show up 5 minutes later. I put together my mom's passport, COPR, Refusal of Entry (white), Canada custom sheet (yellow) and handed to the officer when we're called. She told us to wait and even nice enough to add where the restroom is just in case. Here's the waiting started.

The couple came in before us seemed having problems with their case. I felt bad for them coz the lady was sobbing (They're still waiting when we left. I hope they're ok. God Bless). And on the other hand there's a man with a silly hat, his case looked a bit complicated too. So two officers were occupied already. Other than these two cases, we're second in line. It's not bad at all.

When we sat down it's around 9:15am. At 9:45:am, my mom's name was called. The officer confirmed my mom's info against the COPR and made sure everything is correct. He had us wait just a little more while he processed our case. The processing part took no more than 5 minutes. The second time he called us, he had my mom signed the two COPR (one for immigration, one for us). He then informed us what to do after landing, ie. get SIN number, health card...etc. He asked me to translate it for my mom. The officer stapled the signed and stamped COPR on my mom's passport, and handed it back to us.

Taaa Daaaa!!! The whole landing process was DONE!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did my research about PR landing for weeks since MYCIC showed "Background Check in Progress". My original plan was going to Rainbow Bridge. But unfortunately most landing experiences I found regarding Rainbow Bridge are pretty bad (long custom booth waiting time, bad services from officers, waiting time in office up to 6 hours...). That's why I made my decision to do the landing at Queenston-Lewiston Bridge, and I'm glad I did.

The whole process from reaching US custom to leaving immigration office took less than 1 hour. Consider it's a Saturday and Christmas Eve, with less officer on duty, and there's 2 problematic cases before us, it's pretty darn efficient.

Many reviews online said officers on Queenston-Lewiston Bridge are very nice. I wouldn't say "VERY" (the only smile we got was from the female officer), but it's definitely nice with decent service. They focus on making sure you understand everything and get the job done. At least they don't talk to you like you're some kinda disgusting creature.

Our Complete Timeline:
Application Received: Jan 2, 2015
Received File No.: March 21, 2015
Sponsorship Approved: May 20, 2016 (case forwarded to Ottawa)
Medical & PCC Request: Sep 1, 2016
Medical & PCC Received: Oct 7, 2016 (Medical passed on Sept 21. PCC was sent directly from Hong Kong to CIC on Sept 28. It took about 5-10 business days to arrive)
Background Check In Progress: Nov 11, 2016
ECAS Decision Made: Nov 21, 2016
Passport Request: Dec 7, 2016
Passport Sent to Ottawa CPC: Dec 8, 2016 (We sent passport copy coz we're from visa waiver country)
Passport Arrived in Ottawa CPC: Dec 9, 2016
Passport Return from Ottawa CPC: Dec 16, 2016 (Tracking info of return envelope showed up online)
Received COPR: Dec 20, 2016
Visa Issue Date: Dec 15, 2016
PR Landing Date: Dec 24, 2016

Our MYCIC now shows "Approved", Case Status "Closed", Background Check "Complete", Final Decision "This application has been approved"
Our ECAS now shows "Complete". The last line is "You entered Canada at the Niagara Falls-Queenston-Lewiston Bridge office on December 24, 2016 and became a Permanent Resident."

Thanks everyone here for all the supports and helps throughout the process since 2014. It's a chapter took me almost 20+ years in the making. And I wouldn't make it without your help.
Big shout out to Rossei for all the hard work you put on maintaining the spread sheets.
Best wishes for everyone to have a smooth sail with their cases.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying the holiday season. My parents landed yesterday and became PR. I wanted to thank all the members of this wonderful forum for their help and advice. The time line is as follows:

Application sent - Jan 2,,2015
Acknowledgment Received - March 2015
Sponsorship Application Processing started - April 2016
Medical/PCC/ RPRF Request Received- July 18, 2016
Medical done - July 25
Medical Furtherance Required Email - Aug 12, 2016
Additional Tests done - Aug 15, 2016
Medical Received Status - November 5, 2016
PP Request Email - Nov 22, 2016
PP received back - Dec 5, 2016
Landed - Dec 25, 2016
Our case was with Ottawa and Visa was issued by Delhi Visa Office as my parents were there.

Once again many thanks to all of you . May the New Year brings hope and joy for everyone.

Isha

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Isha94, quick question: my app is in Ottawa and my parents are in Delhi....I got the email to stamp my visa on 19th December, the email said, send your passport and annexA to Ottawa, if you are not in canada then email us and we will tell you how to submit to another visa office, i emailed them on the 19th but no response (i know, it could be the holidays), but is this the same process you went through?

isha94 said:
Hello Everyone,

Hope you all are enjoying the holiday season. My parents landed yesterday and became PR. I wanted to thank all the members of this wonderful forum for their help and advice. The time line is as follows:

Application sent - Jan 2,,2015
Acknowledgment Received - March 2015
Sponsorship Application Processing started - April 2016
Medical/PCC/ RPRF Request Received- July 18, 2016
Medical done - July 25
Medical Furtherance Required Email - Aug 12, 2016
Additional Tests done - Aug 15, 2016
Medical Received Status - November 5, 2016
PP Request Email - Nov 22, 2016
PP received back - Dec 5, 2016
Landed - Dec 25, 2016
Our case was with Ottawa and Visa was issued by Delhi Visa Office as my parents were there.

Once again many thanks to all of you . May the New Year brings hope and joy for everyone.

Isha

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Jacaranda said:
Hi Isha94, quick question: my app is in Ottawa and my parents are in Delhi....I got the email to stamp my visa on 19th December, the email said, send your passport and annexA to Ottawa, if you are not in canada then email us and we will tell you how to submit to another visa office, i emailed them on the 19th but no response (i know, it could be the holidays), but is this the same process you went through?
Hi, we got an email telling us to submit PP at Ottawa if parents are in Canada and to VFS Delhi if they are in India.

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know why we didnt get that option, I will wait for email response till first week of Jan otherwise will submit to VFS Delhi, thanks for your reply

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi,
I'm a 2016 applicant, but thought that more people might have been in the similar situation in 2015 thread:
My mother is in Canada and our LVO is overseas.
We have received the PPR from the LVO on Dec 12th, and I sent the required stuff on the same day by Fedex to the CPCin Ottawa, th package was marked as delivered on Dec 13th.
When I called the call centre they told me they see no passport request on the file but put a note asking the Ottawa CPC to confirm the reception of the package.
I received a reply from the CPC today saying:
"Your application is in the final stages of review prior to finalization and a decision should be rendered shortly. We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required."
So it looks to me that either the LVO forgot to put a note about PPR or Ottawa CPC somehow do not see the note.
Anyways, looks like some misunderstanding is going on.

Has anyone been in а similar situation or maybe can suggest my next steps?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vitlen said:
Hi,
I'm from the 2016 applicants, but thought that more people might have been in the similar situation in 2015 thread:
We have received the PPR from the LVO on Dec 12th, and I sent the required stuff on the same day by Fedex to the CPCin Ottawa, th package was marked as delivered on Dec 13th.
When I called the call centre they told me they see no passport request on the file but put a note asking the Ottawa CPC to confirm the reception of the package.
"Your application is in the final stages of review prior to finalization and a decision should be rendered shortly. We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required."
So it looks to me that either the LVO forgot to put a note about PPR or Ottawa CPC somehow do not see the note.

Has anyone been in similar situation or maybe can suggest my next steps?
i remember a case where a iranian decent person living in france get passport stamped with PR visa. He applied on point based.
Then he got call and email to not to enter canada. wait for thier further response after few days. Poor guy was in planning to buy air tickets.
So sometimes mistakes happen. YOur best bet is to wait

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vitlen said:
Hi,
I'm a 2016 applicant, but thought that more people might have been in the similar situation in 2015 thread:

Has anyone been in а similar situation or maybe can suggest my next steps?
If you have included the PPR email with your passport, then it shouldn't be a problem. I hope that the PPR email states somewhere to submit passport to CPC-O if you're in Canada. Besides, Ottawa usually takes 2 - 3 weeks to process visa stamping and CoPR. Year end holidays may delay it as well.

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Rossei said:
If you have included the PPR email with your passport, then it shouldn't be a problem. I hope that the PPR email states somewhere to submit passport to CPC-O if you're in Canada. Besides, Ottawa usually takes 2 - 3 weeks to process visa stamping and CoPR. Year end holidays may delay it as well.
Yes, I have the email and we were asked to submit it to CPC-O. I hope it is because of the holidays, but it was signed as delivered on Dec 13the and I called them on Dec 23d and they don't see a trace of the ppr on the file at all..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vitlen said:
Yes, I have the email and we were asked to submit it to CPC-O. I hope it is because of the holidays, but it was signed as delivered on Dec 13the and I called them on Dec 23d and they don't see a trace of the ppr on the file at all..
If a PPR has been issued by an LVO or Ottawa, that's final. Whether the agent can trace it or not is totally irrelevant here. Do not worry much about it.

pwale

Dec 24, 2011
Looking for some help please
I received email from Delhi VO where my mom's application is being processed, they are requesting additional document (death certificate of dad)

The email does not specify whether it needs to be sent by email, webform or phycial mail.
this CIC New delhi page says we can update documents thru the webform

For now, I have uploaded the certificate via webform. Do we also need to send physical mail of the certificate ?

vitlen

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
pwale said:
Looking for some help please
I received email from Delhi VO where my mom's application is being processed, they are requesting additional document (death certificate of dad)

The email does not specify whether it needs to be sent by email, webform or phycial mail.
this CIC New delhi page says we can update documents thru the webform

For now, I have uploaded the certificate via webform. Do we also need to send physical mail of the certificate ?
I my case they've specified to send them certified copies (or translations) of originals by mail.