+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
snapchat said:
I'm really stressed out waiting, days goes by and never come back, On other VO's when decision is made they get PPR within 2 days !!

I know I disturbed too much here asking everyone, I'm sorry, I have to logout from here and chill out as you said.

Thank you
Is you case in Ottawa or LVO?

Our case is in Ottawa. After EACS showed DM, we waited 2 weeks but still no PPR. We sent and email inquiry to CIC and two days later PPR had arrived.

Email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I don't know whether the email had anything to do with PPR, but doesn't hurt to try.

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
741953 said:
Is you case in Ottawa or LVO?

Our case is in Ottawa. After EACS showed DM, we waited 2 weeks but still no PPR. We sent and email inquiry to CIC and two days later PPR had arrived.

Email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I don't know whether the email had anything to do with PPR, but doesn't hurt to try.
Congrats a lot !

Yes my case is in Ottawa ! I will send them an email as you did and see what's gonna happen , Thank you so much my brother :)

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
firefly16 said:
I have one question: Our ecas did not say anything about the file being moved to NDVO after Ottawa. However, the Furtherance medical email came from NDVO. So are we to assume the file has been transferred there? (silly question but thought it best to ask). Experts??
depending on citizenship of your parents, medicals are assessed in respective regional med office. For e.g. LVO can be London, but medicals assessment in new delhi.
are you registered on MyCIC? If yes, around what date the background check was "in progress"?

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
It's the same with me. Don't feel bad, we care for our families so it's natural to feel stressed and worried. I pray you get good news soon.
Thank you my brother it's really nice from you ! I wish you will hear good news soon too about everything you are waiting for !

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Hi Guys,

GOOD NEWS

Yesterday we received the passport back from CPC Ottawa with stamping and the COPR letter included. Its a celebration at our home. My mother will be living with us from now in Canada with god's grace.

It was a quick 1 week job after i posted the passport to CPC. Wow, CIC so fast, its amazing.

Anybody knows how to do flag polling at buffalo, please send me some details about it.

Thanks all for the information and good luck to all those waiting.

GKS_2012

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
gks_2012 said:
Hi Guys,

GOOD NEWS

Yesterday we received the passport back from CPC Ottawa with stamping and the COPR letter included. Its a celebration at our home. My mother will be living with us from now in Canada with god's grace.

It was a quick 1 week job after i posted the passport to CPC. Wow, CIC so fast, its amazing.

Anybody knows how to do flag polling at buffalo, please send me some details about it.

Thanks all for the information and good luck to all those waiting.

GKS_2012
As I do my research online, I've read many ppl said that Rainbow Bridge takes forever, up to 5 hours, to process PR landing. So we're planning to flagpole at Lewiston–Queenston Bridge instead (which only 15 minutes drive from Rainbow Bridge).

Our COPR should be arrived anytime next week, and we're hoping to have my mom land on Xmas eve or Xmas day...lol, I know I know, sounds crazy. We got nothing planned on the weekend anyway. ;D

firefly16

Dec 19, 2013
Ibaadat said:
depending on citizenship of your parents, medicals are assessed in respective regional med office. For e.g. LVO can be London, but medicals assessment in new delhi.
are you registered on MyCIC? If yes, around what date the background check was "in progress"?
Hi,

The citizenship is Indian, but am guessing our office is still Ottawa. Unfortunately haven't been able to link my application on My CIC. Have been trying all the tips I found on this forum, but its just not working. Am about to try again. Its been 3 days and no success....so no idea on the background check.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
where do they sent request for passport? is it back to home country or to canada?
If my parents are in Canada can they send their passports to Ottawa? and if they back in home country do they just send it to other office?
not sure how it works.
We didnt get anything yet but Im wondering how can we prepare as my parents are now back home and not in Canada.
thanks to all who reply.

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Just today morning I got the Email from New Delhi Visa office about getting fingerprint for RCMP clearance for my parents. They gave an appointment to go to the new Delhi for fingerprint but my parents are in Canada so I send them an email if they will accept RCMP clearance letter from Local Police station from Regina.
My fill was received on 2nd Jan 2015 and transfer to LVO to New Delhi in May 2016 and medical was done in June 2016
Thanks.

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
While still we are waiting on PPR. Quick question if anyone has insight,

For parents landing do we need to show minimum fund? My guess is no but still wants to confirm based on previous landing experience if parents need to arrange for fund.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maulikpatel35 said:
Just today morning I got the Email from New Delhi Visa office about getting fingerprint for RCMP clearance for my parents. They gave an appointment to go to the new Delhi for fingerprint but my parents are in Canada so I send them an email if they will accept RCMP clearance letter from Local Police station from Regina.
My fill was received on 2nd Jan 2015 and transfer to LVO to New Delhi in May 2016 and medical was done in June 2016
Thanks.
Patel. I m sure they will reply on ur query. So did ur final complete documents reach them (NDVO) by 15th july. I am talking about since 18 year old decleation forms that u missed sending earlier

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
jhutti said:
Patel. I m sure they will reply on ur query. So did ur final complete documents reach them (NDVO) by 15th july. I am talking about since 18 year old decleation forms that u missed sending earlier
They never inform to they received it but I am sure they did.
Are you also waiting for PPR from NDVO?
Thanks.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maulikpatel35 said:
They never inform to they received it but I am sure they did.
Are you also waiting for PPR from NDVO?
Thanks.
Ok thanks. I assume u send docs by 7th july .ur courior tracking must have delivered it by 15th july.
Yeah i m waiting for parents PPR. Arounds 2 weeks back status change to background in process. Our all docs were received in end of july.

I guess someone name must have match ur parents name. Thats why they are ruling out via RCMP fingerprinting. Best of luck..

jibi08

Dec 20, 2016
Hi guys,

Finally I received an email from CIC requesting for my parents passports to be submitted within 30 days for Confirmation of residence/permanent residence visa. They have also requested 2 photographs and an Appendix A - Updated Information Chart.

My question is that for the Appendix A - Updated Information Chart it asks for details for the Principal Applicant (myself) and my spouse who will be accompanying me. There is also a section for children. I have two children but they are not a part of the application nor are they accompanying me. My son is the one who sponsored me and my daughter lives in England. Do I have to put their information in the chart as well or is it only for accompanying family members ?

Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jibi08 said:
Hi guys,

Finally I received an email from CIC requesting for my parents passports to be submitted within 30 days for Confirmation of residence/permanent residence visa. They have also requested 2 photographs and an Appendix A - Updated Information Chart.
When you read your above text, one has to be believe that you're the sponsor and you received PPR email for your parents.

My question is that for the Appendix A - Updated Information Chart it asks for details for the Principal Applicant (myself) and my spouse who will be accompanying me. There is also a section for children. I have two children but they are not a part of the application nor are they accompanying me. My son is the one who sponsored me and my daughter lives in England. Do I have to put their information in the chart as well or is it only for accompanying family members?
This 2nd part says that you're the PA, so you must be one of the parents.

Anyway, only you and your spouse fill out Appendix B (I think it's Appendix B, not A). None of the non-accompanying dependents need to fill out this form. The info from Appendix B will be used to print out CoPR for PR applicants (who are you & your spouse).