06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
This is the latest update on my mom's status.
She landed on October 23, 2016 at Pacific Crossing Border in BC.

==========

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/12/12.

Her e-cas has been updated as well , it is now showing completed and stated that she landed on Oct 23 at Pacific Crossing.

There's a new section for her PR card status and it says" "In Progress" with 3 updates as follows:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 12, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2016.

I just logged-in to update her mailing address to my mother-in-law's house as our family will be out of the country for 4 weeks, so if her PR card arrives no one will be there to accept it.

Hopefully they will send her PR cards to the new address while we are away, so my mom doesn't have to apply for the travel document for PR. She's scheduled to return to Canada on Feb 3.

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
broham said:
This is the latest update on my mom's status.
She landed on October 23, 2016 at Pacific Crossing Border in BC.

==========

This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/12/12.

Her e-cas has been updated as well , it is now showing completed and stated that she landed on Oct 23 at Pacific Crossing.

There's a new section for her PR card status and it says" "In Progress" with 3 updates as follows:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 12, 2016.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2016.
3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2016.

I just logged-in to update her mailing address to my mother-in-law's house as our family will be out of the country for 4 weeks, so if her PR card arrives no one will be there to accept it.

Hopefully they will send her PR cards to the new address while we are away, so my mom doesn't have to apply for the travel document for PR. She's scheduled to return to Canada on Feb 3.
hi broham, the two sections on ecas show decision made since last week, do you know after how long we get PPR after that ? thank you

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
snapchat said:
hi broham, the two sections on ecas show decision made since last week, do you know after how long we get PPR after that ? thank you
If I remember correctly it was within a few days.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
FYI for 2017 applicants. "Changes to 2017 Parent and Grandparent Program application intake process"
Link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1168889

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dtnnn said:
We received our PPR yesterday! I have a question. Do both my parents need to travel together or can my mom travel earlier and my dad joins a little later??
congrats ! after how many days did you get the PPR when the "Decision made" on Ecas ?

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ibaadat said:
FYI for 2017 applicants. "Changes to 2017 Parent and Grandparent Program application intake process"
Link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1168889
Hi ibaadat, after how many days did you get the PPR when the "Decision made" on Ecas ?

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sylvia27 said:
Dude chill out, you'll eventually get it... It will definitely be before the medical results expire
I'm really stressed out waiting, days goes by and never come back, On other VO's when decision is made they get PPR within 2 days !!

I know I disturbed too much here asking everyone, I'm sorry, I have to logout from here and chill out as you said.

Thank you

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
snapchat said:
I'm really stressed out waiting, days goes by and never come back, On other VO's when decision is made they get PPR within 2 days !!

I know I disturbed too much here asking everyone, I'm sorry, I have to logout from here and chill out as you said.

Thank you
It's the same with me. Don't feel bad, we care for our families so it's natural to feel stressed and worried. I pray you get good news soon.

Jacob1984

Dec 15, 2016
Hello

My parents sponsorship applicaition satatus is "process" "Medical Results Have been Received" i sent the final docs req'd; police certicates, schedule A yesterday. How long oes it ususaly take from here? My parents application is in Warsaw Poland.

Timeline:
-applied on January 2, 2015
- May 3, 2016 received confirmation that I qualified as a sponsor
-June 24, 2016 file has been transferred to Warsaw Visa Office
- Nov 2, 2016 received Medical Request and RPRF fee payment request

thanks in advance

firefly16

Dec 19, 2013
Hello all,

Haven't been active on the forum for a long time, but have been keeping up with all the posts. Its incredible how everyone gets together to help. Hats off to all of you.

Here is an update for my parents:

Application received Jan 2 2015
Started Processing - July 15
That was also the time when they sent Medical Request, PCC and RPRF

Medicals done on July 20
Aug 5 - RPRF sent
Aug 14 - PCC sent

Aug 10 received Medical Furtherance for dad for TB test (sputum and culture). All that including X-ray and 6 week wait got us into end of November.

Received another email on Dec 7, saying they were still awaiting the results. We got in touch with the Panel Physican and they sent the reports again (around Dec 9)

Checked e-cas on Tuesday Dec 13, and there was a new update "Medical results have been received".

I am assuming them updating the ecas means that they have passed their medicals (kindly correct me if I am wrong).

Now we wait. Don't know how much longer it is going to take. Anyone in the same boat and awaiting passport request, kindly update

I have one question: Our ecas did not say anything about the file being moved to NDVO after Ottawa. However, the Furtherance medical email came from NDVO. So are we to assume the file has been transferred there? (silly question but thought it best to ask). Experts??

Once again thanks!