+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
Sorry, not too familiar with the acronyms of various immigration stages, but here is my timeline:

Sponsorship approved: June 4, 2016
Medical request: Aug 28, 2016
Medical received: Sept 22, 2016
Passport request: Nov 28, 2016

cic2015

Dec 29, 2014
My parents received their PR Cards yesterday (6 weeks from landing)

Timeline:
Application received by CPC-M: Jan 2, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: May 13, 2016
Medical & Police Clearance request by email: Jul 18, 2016
MyCIC Status: Medical Passed: Aug 12, 2016
MyCiC Status: Background Check In Progress: Sep 25, 2016
PPR Request by email: Sep 28, 2016
Passport/CoPR Dispatched: Oct 14 2016
Landed: Oct 19 2015
PR Card Received: Nov 29 2015

Jan 5, 2016
guys may I ask, normally what will the CIC do for background check? my parents' case just started background check, my mom heard from someone that cic will ask her about my information, like when I first come to Canada, my marriage and work status etc, does CIC really call and ask these questions?
thanks very much

shilpachowdhri

May 1, 2012
Rossei said:
I'm aware of that.
I tried that before and CRA sent me copy of assessment. Do you know any specific way to do that? Just by calling them?
Thanks for your input. Yes, I agree things may change. I couldn't apply this year just because I needed my 2013 NOA which arrived by the time 5000 quote were filled.
I have a related question regarding my birth certificate , I plan to apply for PR in 2017 for my mother.
My birth certificate has my dad's name and he is no more with us. however my passport and transcripts has both my dad and mother's name . submitting these document, can suffice proof of relationship. Please help answer ...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
shilpachowdhri said:
I have a related question regarding my birth certificate , I plan to apply for PR in 2017 for my mother.
My birth certificate has my dad's name and he is no more with us. however my passport and transcripts has both my dad and mother's name . submitting these document, can suffice proof of relationship. Please help answer ...
Apart from all these, try to get an affidavit in support of your birth mother. Not sure who should be the affiant (you or your mother). Perhaps your mother. The affidavit will be a written sworn statement of the fact that your mother indeed gave birth to you on such date at such hospital, made by your mother under an oath and administered by a person authorized to do so by law (i.e. lawyer).

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
shilpachowdhri said:
you provide your birth certificate even though your father name is on it.also provide marriage certificate of your parents. on that it will show both your mom/dad's name. this will connect the dots. on top of that you are providing transcripts and passport copy.

shilpachowdhri

May 1, 2012
Ibaadat said:
you provide your birth certificate even though your father name is on it.also provide marriage certificate of your parents. on that it will show both your mom/dad's name. this will connect the dots. on top of that you are providing transcripts and passport copy.
Thanks for reply !

Parents don't have marriage certificate , however I have other documents - like mom's medical card from india which shows dad's name will that work ?

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Hey Guys! So my dad (principal applicant) received an email from Delhi immigration a couple of days back asking for his passport. My mom is the accompanying dependent and in the past (that is in case of medical and police check emails) he has received two - one for him and one for my mom. However so far he has received only one email (addressed to him with his UCI #) asking for his passport. The email does say "Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent." So does this mean this email covers my mom too? Or will we be getting another email asking for my mom's passport. I might be over thinking this.

Secondly, the email says "We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months". Does that mean the PR expires once the passport does? What happens after the passport expires. My mom's passport is valid for another year but given the expiry clause in the email we are renewing her passport for 10 years before sending it to the LVO. Does it matter that the passport number would be different from the one we provided in all the applications? We are planning to send an accompanying letter to explain the situation. Please advice. Thanks!

ae427924

Oct 25, 2016
Hi Friends,

I am part of 2015 applicants. My parents file is processed in the New Delhi Office. My parents are going to be in Canada for 6 months. Will transfer to Ottawa make file processing faster? Can someone guide me? Will the file be processed based on application date in Ottawa or get behind in the queue?

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Nkunjur said:
Hey Guys! So my dad (principal applicant) received an email from Delhi immigration a couple of days back asking for his passport. My mom is the accompanying dependent and in the past (that is in case of medical and police check emails) he has received two - one for him and one for my mom. However so far he has received only one email (addressed to him with his UCI #) asking for his passport. The email does say "Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with your passports for yourself and each accompanying dependent." So does this mean this email covers my mom too? Or will we be getting another email asking for my mom's passport. I might be over thinking this.

Secondly, the email says "We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least six months". Does that mean the PR expires once the passport does? What happens after the passport expires. My mom's passport is valid for another year but given the expiry clause in the email we are renewing her passport for 10 years before sending it to the LVO. Does it matter that the passport number would be different from the one we provided in all the applications? We are planning to send an accompanying letter to explain the situation. Please advice. Thanks!
congratulations
no this is the only email you will receive......your mother won't receive separate email.....go head and submit the passports

no pr doesn't expire with passport.....once they land they will receive their pr cards......and your parents can get their passports renew once they complete their landing......

ALBANIA123456

Dec 1, 2016
Hello,heeelppp please
I am applying to sponsor my parents in Jan.2017.
I have a question regarding the income:
In the form IMM5768:
Queston 8 is for the minimum necessary income which is 57,826
Question 9: my income for 2015 is 90693.00 for 2014- 61,709.89 and 2013-73,668.72.
My concern is 2014 which the requirement is 73,072 in the same time in question 9 it says if your income is lower than the amount of the minimum necessary income you do not qualify.
I am so confused? Do I qualify or not?
I am trying to call CIC but the line is busy all the time.
PLEASE HELP ME

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Nkunjur said:

Congratulations

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Nkunjur said:
Congrats! When did you receive the PPR email exactly? I will update the SS accordingly. For now, I put 29-Nov-2016.
Re: your question, it has already been answered. The PPR email is sent only to the Principal Applicant. And all PR applicants need to send passports and photos to the LVO.

If all passports are valid for more than 6 months (close to 1 year); then you don't have to worry a thing.

Here are few things you should know:
  • One needs minimum of 6 months validity remaining to enter US/Canada with most foreign passports
  • Canada only gives visa (any visa) till the validity of the passport
  • PR Visa is usually given till the validity of Medical. And medicals are valid for 12 months from the day it was done.
  • If you choose to renew your passport after getting PR Visa in old passport, the visa will still be valid as long as you attach your old passport with new one and the visa itself is valid. FYI, visas don't expire when the passport expires.
  • If you choose to renew your passport before submitting it for PR Visa stamping; it won't create any problem. It may be an issue if you have a tight deadline to submit.

shilpachowdhri

May 1, 2012
I have one very basic and important question. I'm applying for PR for my mother and she does not have her Birth Certificate, however she has 2 other national photo identity document. Can these documents be considered as a Proof of Identity or BC is must.

Please help , appreciate quick response ...

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
shilpachowdhri said:
I have one very basic and important question. I'm applying for PR for my mother and she does not have her Birth Certificate, however she has 2 other national photo identity document. Can these documents be considered as a Proof of Identity or BC is must.

Please help , appreciate quick response ...
I do not remember the checklist required a birth certificate from parents.

My mom does not have a birth certificate, so we only provided a copy of her passport and ID card. And we also had a note attached stating the reason why she does not have one.
We applied in 2015. Our case is almost done now.

So yeah, I would say it is ok for parents not having a birth certificate.