+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
aparnam said:
Hi, we recently received separate emails from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on Oct 3 regarding my parents' family class application, asking for their scanned PCCs and RPRF (first email) and their medical tests (second email). We replied to the first email directly on Oct 29 with scanned PCCs as attachments, paid the RPRF and got the tests done. The CIC check status page now says "Medical results have been received." But there is no mention of the PCCs being received. The deadline is Nov 18, so I am getting nervous.

Is there any way to find out if the PCCs have been received or not? I am trying in vain to link myCIC account to the family class application (somehow the application can't be found). Any advice is welcome.
Few weeks back I sent email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking whether my mom's medical, PCC and RPRF fee were well received. And I got their reply in 1 day. ;-)

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
741953 said:
My mom passed medical in Sept too, and our Background Check status changed to In Progress just yesterday.
Same as your parents, applied in 2015 and forwarded to Ottawa.
Yours are probably on the way.
How long does it take usually after "Background Check status changed to In Progress" for NDVO?

godsangel

Jul 21, 2013
Hi

Does anyone know the email address for NDVO where we can send our queries whether they have received the documents or not ????

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
godsangel said:
Hi

Does anyone know the email address for NDVO where we can send our queries whether they have received the documents or not ????
delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca (Google is your friend)

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Did you provide them with the authenticated proof of parentage such as verifiable birth certificate when you first submit the sponsorship? If you have provided what they asked for, hopefully they will process quickly.
We did provide Affidavit ( Birth Certificate Affidavit from Notary) showing the Parentage at the time of original submission.

Hope this Passport with parents name will suffice.

Is the process slowed down? I don't see many PPRs now a days.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Hi all,
How do you find out whether medical has been cleared or not. Our application is not linked to my cic. What's expected after medical?
Thanks
Good question...I am in the same boat it seems!

davidkaren

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Leolaz27 said:
Good question...I am in the same boat it seems!
If you link your application you should see detailed status and that's where you will be able to see "Medical status" as "Passed". I hope it helps. After medical application goes to background check and once that is passed we can expect Passport request. Now how long after medical test to finish all these someone senior can advice.

kansie123

Nov 11, 2016
I'm sponsoring my Mother for PR here in Canada next year in 2017 quota. I looked at the forum for 2015 and have same questions as some of you had:

1. I've birth certificate from India which is in Punjabi language and also in India they don't mention the name of the person on the birth certificate. In this scenario how does it prove the relationship between my mother and me.

I've my mother's name on the last page of my passport.

What should I do in this case based on your experience.

2. Also do we have to provide any police clearance certificates with initial application.

It will be of great help if you could answer.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kansie123 said:
I'm sponsoring my Mother for PR here in Canada next year in 2017 quota. I looked at the forum for 2015 and have same questions as some of you had:

1. I've birth certificate from India which is in Punjabi language and also in India they don't mention the name of the person on the birth certificate. In this scenario how does it prove the relationship between my mother and me.

2. Also do we have to provide any police clearance certificates with initial application.

Just fly out and get a new birth certificate from municipal corporation from India
u still have 45 days . Any application will less desried support document get delayed for years

aparnam

Aug 16, 2014
aparnam said:
Hi, we recently received separate emails from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on Oct 3 regarding my parents' family class application, asking for their scanned PCCs and RPRF (first email) and their medical tests (second email). We replied to the first email directly on Oct 29 with scanned PCCs as attachments, paid the RPRF and got the tests done. The CIC check status page now says "Medical results have been received." But there is no mention of the PCCs being received. The deadline is Nov 18, so I am getting nervous.

Is there any way to find out if the PCCs have been received or not? I am trying in vain to link myCIC account to the family class application (somehow the application can't be found). Any advice is welcome.
Okay, I have an update: today I got an email asking for my parents' passports and their PR photos. The email starts off with "Please use this letter if you are currently residing in Bangladesh" but right now both of my parents are with me in Canada. The email has a section saying that residents of Bangladesh should submit the passports, etc to a Canadian Visa Application Centre in Bangladesh. But there is also a section for Canadian residents saying "If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s) and photos to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (“CPC-O”)."

I am a bit confused as to where to send the passports, etc because the beginning of the letter seems to imply that it's only applicable if my parents are in Bangladesh right now, which they aren't... Any advice? Has anybody been in this situation?

Kr123

Nov 14, 2016
kansie123 said:

1. You can use your educational certificate like 10th certificate if your mother name on that I already used this in my case.

2.you don't need to provide pick.

kansie123

Nov 11, 2016
Kr123 said:
1. You can use your educational certificate like 10th certificate if your mother name on that I already used this in my case.

2.you don't need to provide pick.
Do we need to get the 10th certooficate translated in English too. My certificate is such that upper half is all in punjabi and lower half is all translated in english.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
aparnam said:
Okay, I have an update: today I got an email asking for my parents' passports and their PR photos. The email starts off with "Please use this letter if you are currently residing in Bangladesh" but right now both of my parents are with me in Canada. The email has a section saying that residents of Bangladesh should submit the passports, etc to a Canadian Visa Application Centre in Bangladesh. But there is also a section for Canadian residents saying "If you have a mailing address in Canada and all your accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three (3) months, you may submit your passport(s) and photos to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa (“CPC-O”)."

I am a bit confused as to where to send the passports, etc because the beginning of the letter seems to imply that it's only applicable if my parents are in Bangladesh right now, which they aren't... Any advice? Has anybody been in this situation?
If there is no time limit I would email and ask what to do in your situation. If there is a time limit, I would simply attach a cover letter explaining why you are submitting to CPC-Ottawa, attach a copy of the letter you received and submit the passport and photos to CPC-Ottawa. When they say "Please use this letter if you are currently residing in Bangladesh" I think its simply to take that letter and use that letter to submit to the visa application center in Bangladesh. But in your case its CPC-Ottawa that applies.

What has been your timeline so far? How long did it take from application date to passport request?

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
I have a feeling CIC is slowing down ith issuing visa as they might be close to reaching the Quota for this year. Maybe after the new year, they will start giving out more.