+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

sammy1012

Jul 20, 2016
Urgent help required !!!!

I received e-mail from NDVO and required non-accompanying adult son/daughter information ?
Is it only for non-accompanying dependents or all adults son/daughters ?

Please advise. !!!!

Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form
If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application.

Failure to provide this information will delay processing. If additional space is required, attach a separate sheet.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Does anyone knows what happens after medicals are done? Is there a dedicated medical department who reviews medical results and then indicate a "pass"?

For 2015 applications who are still in process and medicals are submitted, does anyone have any speculative prediction or heard anything whether or not they will be finalized before year-end or they will continue to be in progress into 2017? I know they have quotas for each year so was wondering if they will make efforts to finalize all in progress applications by year-end?? Thanks!

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
sammy1012 said:
Urgent help required !!!!

I received e-mail from NDVO and required non-accompanying adult son/daughter information ?
Is it only for non-accompanying dependents or all adults son/daughters ?

Please advise. !!!!

Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form
If you have indicated that you are the parent of an adult son/daughter who will not be accompanying you to Canada, you must provide the following details for your non-accompanying adult son/daughter, in order for our office to correctly process your application.

Failure to provide this information will delay processing. If additional space is required, attach a separate sheet.
Sounds like they want information for ALL sons/daughters whether accompanying or not (even for the kids who are adults and over 18 years).

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Ibaadat said:
Does anyone knows what happens after medicals are done? Is there a dedicated medical department who reviews medical results and then indicate a "pass"?

For 2015 applications who are still in process and medicals are submitted, does anyone have any speculative prediction or heard anything whether or not they will be finalized before year-end or they will continue to be in progress into 2017? I know they have quotas for each year so was wondering if they will make efforts to finalize all in progress applications by year-end?? Thanks!
From what I know there is a regional medical office that all medical results go to. The medicals are assessed by a medical officer.

Not sure about the quota system. Each case seems to be moving at its own pace. Some are faster than others.

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents passed medicals in Sep 2016. (Application filed in Jan 2015). No news from Ottawa so far. Mycic linked account still says review in progress for eligibility. Ottawa appears to have slowed down processing :(

With Trumps win and influx of Americans into Canada, my fear is that processing times and job market will be impacted further :mad:

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Any one here waited or waiting more then 3 months after submitting medicals?

godsangel

Jul 21, 2013
HELP PLEASE!!!!

Just a quick question guys .... we had sent the documents to NDVO through courier on 2nd nov. and the last date for submission was 12th Nov . Just wondering approximately how many days do they take to update the status once they recieve the documents .Should I call the call centre and inquire whether they have recieved the docs or not???

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Rossei said:
I along with few of my friends (including one stupid one) have been giving fingerprints at US border since 2007. As far I know when you first enter US land border with US Visa; you ought to give fingerprints. But my stupid friend who forgot to return his I-94 slip once, homeland security actually called his Bangladeshi phone number. Obviously after hearing this, he couldn't contact them back but returned the slip. Since then every time we traveled to US together, all of us had to give fingerprints under some regulation called "special registration" (this was explained to us at one entry thru Niagara border). After B.L. perished in 2011; we didn't have to do it anymore though. For this same friend of mine, I also had a bitter experience about flag-polling at Windsor-Detroit border as it was his 2nd time flag-poling while mine was for the first time.

But for any refused entry, they take fingerprints as well. Few years back, my wife and I were traveling to US via Sarnia border. My wife was refused entry for that particular instance as she was holding a Bangladeshi passport which was expiring in 5 months (her US Visa was valid for several more years). We were told that BD is a proud member of "6-month club" which means for certain countries, your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months to enter US. They also mentioned that this won't impact on her next entry/visa application. So, she had to go thru the same process as my mom did including giving fingerprints.

Now your mom didn't have to do fingerprints, I don't think it will be an issue in future as long as they inserted correct data into their system. Just keep in mind that if she gets a US Visa and crosses border in future, she may have to do it on her first entry.
Also, fingerprints are not needed if one is 80 years or older, as the case with my mom and father-in-law. Apparently, fingerprints fade away at that age.

Rossei: We also took our mom to Sarnia/Port Huron border on Oct. 31 for landing back as PR. She has a valid US visa and we got I94 processed at Port Huron because we will again be travelling to US in December. Even with a valid I94, the CBSA officer at the booth quizzed us quite a bit on why we turned around and came back so quickly from US, and why we are flag polling etc. However, once you go inside the building, it was a breeze from then onwards. We live about an hour away from Sarnia, left our home at 8:30 a.m. and reached back around 11:15 a.m. A rainy dreary day also helped, because there was no line upon either side of the border!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sramamur said:
Also, fingerprints are not needed if one is 80 years or older, as the case with my mom and father-in-law. Apparently, fingerprints fade away at that age.

Rossei: We also took our mom to Sarnia/Port Huron border on Oct. 31 for landing back as PR. She has a valid US visa and we got I94 processed at Port Huron because we will again be travelling to US in December. Even with a valid I94, the CBSA officer at the booth quizzed us quite a bit on why we turned around and came back so quickly from US, and why we are flag polling etc. However, once you go inside the building, it was a breeze from then onwards. We live about an hour away from Sarnia, left our home at 8:30 a.m. and reached back around 11:15 a.m. A rainy dreary day also helped, because there was no line upon either side of the border!
At first glance, I thought we could be neighbours. But now I assume you live near London.

However, I wonder why did you need to "flag-pole" when your mom had US Visa? You could have just entered US, go to Port Huron, have some breakfast or shop and come back after few hours.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.

sramamur

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Rossei said:
At first glance, I thought we could be neighbours. But now I assume you live near London.

However, I wonder why did you need to "flag-pole" when your mom had US Visa? You could have just entered US, go to Port Huron, have some breakfast or shop and come back after few hours.

Anyway, all's well that ends well.
Yes, we live in London, Ontario. Thought going to Timmy's at Port Huron, but decided to get the landing process out of the way before we celebrated. Did go to Timmy's in London afterwards!

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
nina.roy said:
My parents passed medicals in Sep 2016. (Application filed in Jan 2015). No news from Ottawa so far. Mycic linked account still says review in progress for eligibility. Ottawa appears to have slowed down processing :(

With Trumps win and influx of Americans into Canada, my fear is that processing times and job market will be impacted further :mad:
My mom passed medical in Sept too, and our Background Check status changed to In Progress just yesterday.
Same as your parents, applied in 2015 and forwarded to Ottawa.
Yours are probably on the way.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Hi all,
How do you find out whether medical has been cleared or not. Our application is not linked to my cic. What's expected after medical?
Thanks

aparnam

Aug 16, 2014
Hi, we recently received separate emails from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on Oct 3 regarding my parents' family class application, asking for their scanned PCCs and RPRF (first email) and their medical tests (second email). We replied to the first email directly on Oct 29 with scanned PCCs as attachments, paid the RPRF and got the tests done. The CIC check status page now says "Medical results have been received." But there is no mention of the PCCs being received. The deadline is Nov 18, so I am getting nervous.

Is there any way to find out if the PCCs have been received or not? I am trying in vain to link myCIC account to the family class application (somehow the application can't be found). Any advice is welcome.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
aparnam said:
Hi, we recently received separate emails from CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca on Oct 3 regarding my parents' family class application, asking for their scanned PCCs and RPRF (first email) and their medical tests (second email). We replied to the first email directly on Oct 29 with scanned PCCs as attachments, paid the RPRF and got the tests done. The CIC check status page now says "Medical results have been received." But there is no mention of the PCCs being received. The deadline is Nov 18, so I am getting nervous.

Is there any way to find out if the PCCs have been received or not? I am trying in vain to link myCIC account to the family class application (somehow the application can't be found). Any advice is welcome.
I am almost in the same boat. MyCIC shows "Medical passed" but no evidence that they received PCCs and RPRF neither in MyCIC nor on Status Page. The deadline is Nov 13 and we sent PCCs and RPRF on October 31. Yesterday I sent a request by webform asking to confirm that they got it..