Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
steelcase said:
Hi Rossei,

I had medical done for my dad two months ago. After the test was done I just called the medicall office back a wekk later, and they said everything was already mailed to CIC, but i didnt send any additional information myself (like confirmation page). I dont even know where is it now. Would that be a problem?
Also we submitted PCC and RPRF about 1.5 months ago. Since then we heard nothing. MyCIC still shows additional document is needed and no changes since than. Should i maybe follow up by now? Im worried it will only delay the process. Our processing office is Ottawa.

Thank you
It's not a biggy as long as CIC has the medical result from the PP.

I don't think you can do anything else right now other than wait to see any changes in MyCIC (medical passed, background check started/in-progress) or in E-Cas (medical received). Additional document is needed in MyCIC doesn't change most times.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Mom landed Sep 16 at land border in Alberta
PR Card received today Oct 19 in the mail
The journey is finally complete!
Wow! That was fast, around 4 weeks only.

I was told it would take 6 - 8 weeks at POE.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Hello Guys, need help for my mom's application.

Along with instructions for IME, the following documents were recently requested by CIC:

- Updated Schedule A & Additional Family Information forms
- 2 Photographs as per new specifications
- RPRF
- PCC
- Death Certificate of my Dad

Now in the email they have specifically said
"Please submit the requested documentation/information to the London visa office within 45 days including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time"

The problem is we cant arrange PCC and Death Certificate within 45 days because my mom is currently in Canada on Super Visa. She is going back next month and we will miss the deadline of 45 days. We probably require an additional 30 days. So my question is which of the two course of action should we choose:

1. Provide CIC with partial documents and request them for an extension to submit Death Certificate and PCC.

OR

2. Request CIC for an extension and submit all documents all at once once they are available.

Would really appreciate your suggestions.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Rossei said:
It's not a biggy as long as CIC has the medical result from the PP.

I don't think you can do anything else right now other than wait to see any changes in MyCIC (medical passed, background check started/in-progress) or in E-Cas (medical received). Additional document is needed in MyCIC doesn't change most times.
Thank you!

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
Wow! That was fast, around 4 weeks only.

I was told it would take 6 - 8 weeks at POE.
Yeah people are getting first PR Cards around or even before 4th week now. Thats the one area with visible improvements. It used to be 3 or even 6 months wait and it fluctuates. If not for refugees, I highly doubt Canada have enough immigrants meeting annual quota this year that's why they speed up parents.

cic2015

Dec 29, 2014
My parents landed yesterday at the Pacific Highway border in BC. Here is overview of the experience:

We went around 7:00pm as it showed online that the wait was less then 5 mins. When we reached at the border..there was bit of queue getting to the US side as there was only one lane open (probably took us 30 mins).

We told the Border agent that my parents where here to flag-pole. He was quite nice... asked couple of questions, gave us the orange slip and directed us to the secondary check building. There was another family ahead of us.... but there seemed to be only one border agents helping that family... looked like a complicated case so we though that were going to be there for a while.

Anyway one of the border agents walked in from outside and asked what were we here for ... and if it is a simple situation he may be able help. He asked if we wanted to enter US or just turn back. We told him that we were turning back immediately ... he filled a form and we were on our way back in 10 mins.

No line-up getting back to Canadian side. We told the border agent that my parents were landing... he looked at their passports asked couple of questions (regarding their current status, whose car we were in and we we live)... he sent us to the Canadian secondary processing.

At the secondary, we told the agent that my parents were here to land. She asked for the paperwork... double checked couple of questions on the paperwork asked my parents to initial at couple of lines and sign. She asked us to take a seat and went to process the documents. We probably waited for 20 mins and she called us back... went over few things and welcomed my parents to Canada.

Overall pretty good experience and all the agents were quite pleasant to deal with.

Timeline:
Application received by CPC-M: Jan 2, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: May 13, 2016
Medical & Police Clearance request by email: Jul 18, 2016
MyCIC Status: Medical Passed: Aug 12, 2016
MyCiC Status: Background Check In Progress: Sep 25, 2016
PPR Request by email: Sep 28, 2016
Passport/CoPR Dispatched: Oct 14 2016
Landed: Oct 19 2015

maulikpatel35

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Same wih me.
Don't know what change.

drunkhead said:
Its so weird, got an email from cic "mycic" account;

Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

But when i log in to my account, there are no updates, everything still looks the same.

Has anyone else received such a notice? My parents file is in New Delhi.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
maulikpatel35 said:
Same wih me.
Don't know what change.
i guess, its something to do with NDVO, hopefully we will get PPR request soon.....

dimp

Jun 10, 2016
cic2015 said:
My parents landed yesterday at the Pacific Highway border in BC. Here is overview of the experience:

We went around 7:00pm as it showed online that the wait was less then 5 mins. When we reached at the border..there was bit of queue getting to the US side as there was only one lane open (probably took us 30 mins).

We told the Border agent that my parents where here to flag-pole. He was quite nice... asked couple of questions, gave us the orange slip and directed us to the secondary check building. There was another family ahead of us.... but there seemed to be only one border agents helping that family... looked like a complicated case so we though that were going to be there for a while.

Anyway one of the border agents walked in from outside and asked what were we here for ... and if it is a simple situation he may be able help. He asked if we wanted to enter US or just turn back. We told him that we were turning back immediately ... he filled a form and we were on our way back in 10 mins.

No line-up getting back to Canadian side. We told the border agent that my parents were landing... he looked at their passports asked couple of questions (regarding their current status, whose car we were in and we we live)... he sent us to the Canadian secondary processing.

At the secondary, we told the agent that my parents were here to land. She asked for the paperwork... double checked couple of questions on the paperwork asked my parents to initial at couple of lines and sign. She asked us to take a seat and went to process the documents. We probably waited for 20 mins and she called us back... went over few things and welcomed my parents to Canada.

Overall pretty good experience and all the agents were quite pleasant to deal with.

Timeline:
Application received by CPC-M: Jan 2, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: May 13, 2016
Medical & Police Clearance request by email: Jul 18, 2016
MyCIC Status: Medical Passed: Aug 12, 2016
MyCiC Status: Background Check In Progress: Sep 25, 2016
PPR Request by email: Sep 28, 2016
Passport/CoPR Dispatched: Oct 14 2016
Landed: Oct 19 2015

wow congratulations

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
aj_10 said:
Hello Guys, need help for my mom's application.

Along with instructions for IME, the following documents were recently requested by CIC:

- Updated Schedule A & Additional Family Information forms
- 2 Photographs as per new specifications
- RPRF
- PCC
- Death Certificate of my Dad

Now in the email they have specifically said
"Please submit the requested documentation/information to the London visa office within 45 days including a copy of this email as a cover letter. Please submit all the above documents to us at the same time"

The problem is we cant arrange PCC and Death Certificate within 45 days because my mom is currently in Canada on Super Visa. She is going back next month and we will miss the deadline of 45 days. We probably require an additional 30 days. So my question is which of the two course of action should we choose:

1. Provide CIC with partial documents and request them for an extension to submit Death Certificate and PCC.

OR

2. Request CIC for an extension and submit all documents all at once once they are available.

Would really appreciate your suggestions.
I am in the same boat. There is no way I can get PCC before the deadline of Nov 7th. My father was asked to get a new ID card before applying for his PCC as his address is faded in the old ID card. He will also have to use his new ID card to go for medicals as well. I have already tried emailing the LVO about the delay but (as expected) there is no response.

My plan is to submit the available docs by the deadline with an explanation on why the PCC is missing. Hopefully the LVO will take this into consideration. I personally think this option is better than not submitting anything before the deadline.

Anybody else had the same experience??

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
nush78l said:
I am in the same boat. There is no way I can get PCC before the deadline of Nov 7th. My father was asked to get a new ID card before applying for his PCC as his address is faded in the old ID card. He will also have to use his new ID card to go for medicals as well. I have already tried emailing the LVO about the delay but (as expected) there is no response.

My plan is to submit the available docs by the deadline with an explanation on why the PCC is missing. Hopefully the LVO will take this into consideration. I personally think this option is better than not submitting anything before the deadline.

I was thinking the same. Submit partial documents. But since they are specifically asking to submit all documents all at once .... it has gotten me thinking. Not sure what to do. :(

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Just a quick question:

For people who has their application linked to MYCIC, do you get email notification when Background Check changed to In Progress?

We sent everything and now just waiting for Background Check to be done, and PPR.

Thanks.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
741953 said:
Just a quick question:

For people who has their application linked to MYCIC, do you get email notification when Background Check changed to In Progress?

We sent everything and now just waiting for Background Check to be done, and PPR.

Thanks.
Yeah, it sends email whenever there is an update on your file, like if BG check goes to in progress or any other change in status. It's a good system, so far I like it.

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:

So far I've requested for an extension to PCC deadline twice and am most likely going to have to request an extension for the third time soon as I'm missing the deadline again. Just send an email to CIC closer to the deadline and request an extension of your PCC submission deadline. Should be straightforward.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
hbestluck said:
So far I've requested for an extension to PCC deadline twice and am most likely going to have to request an extension for the third time soon as I'm missing the deadline again. Just send an email to CIC closer to the deadline and request an extension of your PCC submission deadline. Should be straightforward.
What is your LVO and did they reply to your emails promptly? I am not getting any response to my emails. My LVO is Colombo, Sri lanka