+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Rossei said:
Everything except PCC can be done within the time-frame. PCC depends on the local procedure. After you apply for PCC, they will tell you when you can expect it.

Write to your LVO then after applying for everything explaining that you only received the letter on Oct 17 and PCC will take that many days/weeks. Usually, they allow extensions although you may not receive an acknowledgement.
Thanks Rossei. Yes, that's my plan. PCC takes 2 weeks minimum after applying and my parents have an appointment for their medicals next Wednesday. Cutting it close!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nush78l said:
When parents go for medicals does the PP give a confirmation document that can be sent to the LVO to show proof of when medicals were done? If yes, do we have to provide the PP with this confirmation form or does the PP have this form?

Thanks!
The PP will give you a confirmation page right after IME done. This is not dependent on additional tests. When you send this confirmation back to CIC (LVO) along with other docs; you're relieved from the deadline. If the PP delays in uploading full report, it's on to him. :D

M.Zee

Nov 7, 2009
Hi There,

I have got an upfront medical done for my mom. The actual country of birth is India, however the form mentioned Pakistan. How should I deal with it?

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Rossei said:
The PP will give you a confirmation page right after IME done. This is not dependent on additional tests. When you send this confirmation back to CIC (LVO) along with other docs; you're relieved from the deadline. If the PP delays in uploading full report, it's on to him. :D
Thanks! and in terms of paying the RPRF fee online...do you select immigration and RPRF - non express entry?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nush78l said:
Thanks! and in terms of paying the RPRF fee online...do you select immigration and RPRF - non express entry?
Yes, that's correct.

dimp

Jun 10, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Anyone has any idea how long to get passport request after PCC, medical and RPF in New Delhi

Thanks

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
M.Zee said:
Hi There,

I have got an upfront medical done for my mom. The actual country of birth is India, however the form mentioned Pakistan. How should I deal with it?
This might pose a bigger problem. I assume the clerk entering your application into GCMS put the wrong country of bith so all document requests following it will have a wrong data. You need to email CPC-M and advise them of the error so they can fix it before it becomes a bigger mess down the road that could potentially delay your file. Not your fault though so they can fix it quickly.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Rossei said:
Hi Rossei,

I had medical done for my dad two months ago. After the test was done I just called the medicall office back a wekk later, and they said everything was already mailed to CIC, but i didnt send any additional information myself (like confirmation page). I dont even know where is it now. Would that be a problem?
Also we submitted PCC and RPRF about 1.5 months ago. Since then we heard nothing. MyCIC still shows additional document is needed and no changes since than. Should i maybe follow up by now? Im worried it will only delay the process. Our processing office is Ottawa.

Thank you

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
I have been delinquent and i feel obliged to let you guys know that i got sponsorship approval somewhere in July for both my parents from Ottawa and then Medical and police clearance request in Aug and in Oct beginning we got request for passport submission which we did this Monday. Good luck to you all!

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa CPC is now starting to send request for pp's for 2015 applicants. Got mine yesterday to send pp to Delhi. Good luck all.

ottawat

Feb 13, 2012
Rossei,

Re: your mom's stay permit, have you already extended it? My mom's stay permit was expiring 31-Oct-2016 and her SV & PP were expiring in Jan, 2017. Luckily, she got a 2-year stay permit this July while coming back to Canada with a new PP after a trip to home.
[/quote]

Could you please help out with this? Your mom came with an invalid/old passport with a supervisa on it and a brand new passport in July and was allowed to enter based on the supervisa from the invalid passport? I thought once you have a new passport the old one is not valid and every Canadian visa that is in it.

What was the port of entry your mom used?

Thanks a bunch.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Its so weird, got an email from cic "mycic" account;

Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

But when i log in to my account, there are no updates, everything still looks the same.

Has anyone else received such a notice? My parents file is in New Delhi.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drunkhead said:
Its so weird, got an email from cic "mycic" account;

Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your account and check your application status and messages for more information.

But when i log in to my account, there are no updates, everything still looks the same.

Has anyone else received such a notice? My parents file is in New Delhi.
Got that, only change was background check was changed from not started to not needed. Then 3 days later got a message about travel history and military info request.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ottawat said:
Could you please help out with this? Your mom came with an invalid/old passport with a supervisa on it and a brand new passport in July and was allowed to enter based on the supervisa from the invalid passport?
Correct.
Also, she was given 2-year stay permit by showing 1-year medical insurance.

I thought once you have a new passport the old one is not valid and every Canadian visa that is in it.
I don't think so.

What was the port of entry your mom used?
Toronto Pearson Airport.