N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Congrats Rossei! What makes me wonder is that your mom's fingerprints was taken by USCIS. They didn't ask my mom for that at the Alberta border. Hopefully thats' the new thing and we are not missing that step that could affect U.S entries in the future. By the way yeah they seem to not encourage flagpoling at some posts but the U.S side seems to be a bit friendlier on that.
I along with few of my friends (including one stupid one) have been giving fingerprints at US border since 2007. As far I know when you first enter US land border with US Visa; you ought to give fingerprints. But my stupid friend who forgot to return his I-94 slip once, homeland security actually called his Bangladeshi phone number. Obviously after hearing this, he couldn't contact them back but returned the slip. Since then every time we traveled to US together, all of us had to give fingerprints under some regulation called "special registration" (this was explained to us at one entry thru Niagara border). After B.L. perished in 2011; we didn't have to do it anymore though. For this same friend of mine, I also had a bitter experience about flag-polling at Windsor-Detroit border as it was his 2nd time flag-poling while mine was for the first time.

But for any refused entry, they take fingerprints as well. Few years back, my wife and I were traveling to US via Sarnia border. My wife was refused entry for that particular instance as she was holding a Bangladeshi passport which was expiring in 5 months (her US Visa was valid for several more years). We were told that BD is a proud member of "6-month club" which means for certain countries, your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months to enter US. They also mentioned that this won't impact on her next entry/visa application. So, she had to go thru the same process as my mom did including giving fingerprints.

Now your mom didn't have to do fingerprints, I don't think it will be an issue in future as long as they inserted correct data into their system. Just keep in mind that if she gets a US Visa and crosses border in future, she may have to do it on her first entry.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Wow congratulations Rossei and a big thank you for posting your experience!! You must be really happy. Man I can totally relate to that Tim Horton celebration, we did the same thing when my wife landed, sort of a Canadian toast ;)

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Btw, I'm in a situation now with my moms application.

My mom is here with me currently on a supervisa. We got the IME and PCC request last week, along with a request for death certificate of my dad. I've already booked a medical appointment here, but unfortunately PCC and Death Certificate would be something for which she'll have to go back to Pakistan. I know we are going to miss the 45 day deadline, anybody here has any experience with getting the deadline extended?

I know many would be thinking you don't have to go back for PCC. But thing is you need a valid National ID card for that and my mom's ID card expired 2 months ago. I know, look at the odds of that happening. I thought those things never expired. Now she has to go back, get her ID card (CNIC) renewed and then apply for PCC and also get her passport renewed which is expiring next year.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
aj_10 said:
Wow congratulations Rossei and a big thank you for posting your experience!! You must be really happy. Man I can totally relate to that Tim Horton celebration, we did the same thing when my wife landed, sort of a Canadian toast ;)
Haha same here. Right after landing we bought 2 ice caps one for mom one for myself on the way home. Can't thank enough for the swift process that the 2015 batch has enjoyed, it's just around 20 months of total wait time for immigrant visas. Maybe we are lucky and our parents are lucky.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
I know many would be thinking you don't have to go back for PCC. But thing is you need a valid National ID card for that and my mom's ID card expired 2 months ago. I know, look at the odds of that happening. I thought those things never expired. Now she has to go back, get her ID card (CNIC) renewed and then apply for PCC and also get her passport renewed which is expiring next year.

[/quote]

Not sure if you looked into the option of renewing passport and NIC here in Canada. I had my pakistani NICOP renewed in Vaughan, Ontario at Pakistani embassy. their process is better than from within pakistan. They might also be able to rush it if you explain the situation. If you live in Ontario, I suggest you go to embassy in vaughan and get this sorted out. Also ask them about obtaining police certificate. They also reply by email if you're unable to go. I would try calling/emailing/visiting them whichever works for you. If you email them, provide your phone number and request they call you back so you can get all answers easily. Hope it helps.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Thank you Ibaadat, I've been looking into that option as well. But isn't that option only available for residents of Canada (people with PR or Citizenship). My mom's status here is still that of a visitor on supervisa. She wouldn't be applying for a NICOP, she would be applying for a CNIC. Thats my understanding so far.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
aj_10 said:
Thank you Ibaadat, I've been looking into that option as well. But isn't that option only available for residents of Canada (people with PR or Citizenship). My mom's status here is still that of a visitor on supervisa. She wouldn't be applying for a NICOP, she would be applying for a CNIC. Thats my understanding so far.
My guess is that she is residing here on supervisa, it might still be possible to get NICOP. I know for a fact people living in USA, who are not residents, can get NICOP. Again, I say visit the embassy in person. I found them helpful when I went there.

cic2015

Dec 29, 2014
My parents received Passport/CoPR from Ottawa today :D
CPC-O Received the Passport and photos on 30th Sept and dispatched it back 14th Oct (exactly 2 weeks).

We will go to the border crossing at Peace Arch / Truck Crossing in couple of days. Did anyone have Falg-polling experience at any of these border crossings? In know it is possible to walk into the CBSA office at Truck Crossing w/o going to the US Side... not sure if they will process the application if we show up w/o the administrative denial from US??

Timeline:
Application received by CPC-M: Jan 2, 2015
Sponsorship Approval: May 13, 2016
Medical & Police Clearance request by email: Jul 18, 2016
MyCIC Status: Medical Passed: Aug 12, 2016
MyCiC Status: Background Check In Progress: Sep 25, 2016
PPR Request by email: Sep 28, 2016
Passport/CoPR: Oct 17, 2016

gill114

Oct 12, 2013
Hi seniors i need ur advise . i want to apply in 2017 my income for 2013 is $46510 and lico plus 30% is 46354. so i already cross the minimum income. is it ok in my case to put the file next year .....plz confirm me i need ur help really urgent ....thanks...

SK5123

Jan 9, 2015
OP_POP said:
In MyCIC, "A background check is needed" was changed from not started to not needed at this time. Anyone else see this change? What does it mean?
I think they started you case. It should be quick to hear something soon for you. When did you submitted ME?

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Anyone being asked for his father's CV and military service form? I wonder why they did ask for only my father's CV and not my mother's though? Am I missing something or they only ask for his info?! They also asked for travel history form now!

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fneda said:
Anyone being asked for his father's CV and military service form? I wonder why they did ask for only my father's CV and not my mother's though? Am I missing something or they only ask for his info?! They also asked for travel history form now!
Yes, pretty normal. will be usually asked from the person who did military service. Often required for people coming from countries with mandatory military service such as MIINE :(

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Thanks for the reply..., makes sense then. My father had mandatory military service too.
hbestluck said:
Yes, pretty normal. will be usually asked from the person who did military service. Often required for people coming from countries with mandatory military service such as MIINE :(

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I just got an email from Ankara visa office asking my parents to submit This:

RCMP Fingerprint check:
Please provide us with a Certified Criminal Record Check from the RCMP (with fingerprints) for your spouse. For more information, please visit the RCMP website:

How are we supposed to do this when my parents don't live in Canada? They live in Iran. I'm so confused by this request.

Thanks

gill114

Oct 12, 2013
Hi seniors i need ur advise . i want to apply in 2017 my income for 2013 is $46510 and lico plus 30% is 46354. so i already cross the minimum income. is it ok in my case to put the file next year .....plz confirm me i need ur help really urgent ....thanks...