+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
Rossei said:
Then it's your status, not your mom's.

If you already know that you have been approved as a sponsor, then this means nothing to you. If you haven't, it perhaps means that you have been approved and PR file has been transferred to appropriate LVO. You may get a letter or an email consequently.
I got the mail Rossei they refunded the amount of the application does that mean they rejected it?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayvazcarla said:
No I didn't call them yet ure right they asked for nothing yet I hope they didn't reject it
Yeah please call them. Also be informed principal applicant can only be birth parents. Principle applicant can add thier current spouse and dependents

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Ayvazcarla said:
hi everyone
CIC just emailed me saying that they refund the money I paid when I submitted my moms application
Does that mean they rejected the file?
Can anybody help me?
It's possible that you are failed to meet the income requirement. That's why CIC is refunding your fee.

The status you were looking at was your sponsorship application, not your parent's PR application.

According to the spreadsheet, you never received any sponsorship approval notice right?
You only received request for additional document. What was that exactly? Option C?

If you're very sure you meet the income requirement, I think you'd better dig into this. CIC do makes mistake sometime.
But if your income is actually at borderline and just hoping to see if it can go through by chance, then unfortunately, you're out of luck.

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
741953 said:
It's possible that you are failed to meet the income requirement. That's why CIC is refunding your fee.

The status you were looking at was your sponsorship application, not your parent's PR application.

According to the spreadsheet, you never received any sponsorship approval notice right?
You only received request for additional document. What was that exactly? Option C?

If you're very sure you meet the income requirement, I think you'd better dig into this. CIC do makes mistake sometime.
But if your income is actually at borderline and just hoping to see if it can go through by chance, then unfortunately, you're out of luck.
Thanx for your reply, yes it was under my sponsorship approval and in April there requested the option C!
All I have to do is to try to call CIC tomorrow to find out the reason! Thanx again

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Even if you are not approved as a sponsor you can continue your application,
There was a check mark on application which ask you if you want to continue application even if your sponsorship is not approved.
Do you remember checking that box?
I didn't check though I updated my application later by sending them an email and sending newly filled form, though I got approved as a sponsor.
Wish you all the best

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
punchshp said:
There was a check mark on application which ask you if you want to continue application even if your sponsorship is not approved.
I didn't check though I updated my application later by sending them an email and sending newly filled form, though I got approved as a sponsor.
Wish you all the best
Thanx for the info I have to check if I did it I have saved copies do u know what's the number of the application?, I called CIC today they have no answer for the status of my sponsorship she said u have to wait for the letter by mail to check the reason for the refund

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
punchshp said:
Wish you all the best
I'm just curious, what's the point to continue with the PR application process if sponsorship is not approved?
I saw that question when filling out forms. It totally confused my logical mind.

Does it mean we can get PR approved even when the sponsor's income doesn't meet the requirement?
Or we're actually allowed to have PR processed and approved first. Once our income meets requirement then we can apply for sponsorship?
It just doesn't make sense to me...

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
741953 said:
I'm just curious, what's the point to continue with the PR application process if sponsorship is not approved?
I saw that question when filling out forms. It totally confused my logical mind.

Does it mean we can get PR approved even when the sponsor's income doesn't meet the requirement?
Or we're actually allowed to have PR processed and approved first. Once our income meets requirement then we can apply for sponsorship?
It just doesn't make sense to me...
I saw the application I checked the withdraw one but as u said 741953 what's their point by continuing without being approved anyways I'm really down I can't apply in 2017 I'll wait until 2018

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayvazcarla said:
I saw the application I checked the withdraw one but as u said 741953 what's their point by continuing without being approved anyways I'm really down I can't apply in 2017 I'll wait until 2018
Sorry to hear that. But why can't you apply in 2017?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
My mom's passport was dispatched from Ottawa yesterday evening (was delivered to Ottawa on Sep 21). It's currently on route to my address.

In case someone wonders what happens to MyCIC at the very end, this is what my mom's shows now:

Application/profile status: Closed
Review of eligibility: Passed
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant [it means passport+photos]
Scheduling an interview: [blank]
A background check is needed: Complete
Final decision: This application has been approved

Her E-Cas hasn't been updated yet, still shows "Decision Made".

G_Singh84

Sep 26, 2016
Rossei said:
My mom's passport was dispatched from Ottawa yesterday evening (was delivered to Ottawa on Sep 21). It's currently on route to my address.

In case someone wonders what happens to MyCIC at the very end, this is what my mom's shows now:

Application/profile status: Closed
Review of eligibility: Passed
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents: We need an additional document from the applicant [it means passport+photos]
Scheduling an interview: [blank]
A background check is needed: Complete
Final decision: This application has been approved

Her E-Cas hasn't been updated yet, still shows "Decision Made".
Did your MyCic status changed yesterday only our was updated before. I am waiting for the passport back from Ottawa.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
G_Singh84 said:
Did your MyCic status changed yesterday only our was updated before. I am waiting for the passport back from Ottawa.
I last checked MyCIC before 3 pm yesterday and it wasn't updated. Mind you, CanadaPost tracker shows Ottawa processed item on 6:19 pm yesterday.

So, it was updated either late afternoon yesterday or today. I found it this morning.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
I last checked MyCIC before 3 pm yesterday and it wasn't updated. Mind you, CanadaPost tracker shows Ottawa processed item on 6:19 pm yesterday.

So, it was updated either late afternoon yesterday or today. I found it this morning.
There is a time lag between real action and status update on MyCIC. In some cases it could be several hours in some it could take up to 24 hours to be updated. It's not really a real time thing as the system needs time to synchronize. but for sure it is much faster and more accurate than ecas. Congrats in receiving her pp back just in time for the holiday. Flagpoling might be busy during the long weekend.