N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
broham said:
Thanks Rossei. My mom will be going back to Thailand in December for 3 months and will return to Canada in February 2017. My question is if she lands at Canadian border as soon as she receives her passport, will she be ok to return to Canada in February without her PR card, assuming she won't get her PR card by then? Or should she land when she returns in February? Ideally, I'd like to be with her during the landing process as she doesn't speaks English all that well.

Appreciate any suggestions :D
This is what CIC says:

Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada.

One can apply for PRTD if he is outside Canada, has lost his PR card and needs proof of his status to return to Canada.

So, it doesn't seem like it's the best idea to leave Canada w/o getting PR card. Alternatively, you can mail the PRC back to your mom when you get it. Or, she can land when she comes back if her PR Visa remains valid for the entire period.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
We just received the PPR email from Singapore today, Sunday Oct 2, at 6.50 PM (PST) which is super early Monday morning Singapore. I am so excited!

We will courier her passport to Ottawa on Tuesday (enclosed with Express post envelope). We have to submit her old passport with the current passport because her CDN visitor visa was in her old passport.
My question is how long it will take to get the passport back? Mom's visitor record will expire on December 1.

Rossei and Vnexpress, how did it take for your parents to get their passport back? We will not be flag polling but will likely take a weekend trip to Seattle and will do the landing process at the border.
Congrats!

I got the passport back from Ottawa after exactly 2 weeks. :) PR Card will take around 30-40 calendar days. Your mom will be fine returning to Canada in Feb. You have plenty of time.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
Congrats!

I got the passport back from Ottawa after exactly 2 weeks. :) PR Card will take around 30-40 calendar days. Your mom will be fine returning to Canada in Feb. You have plenty of time.
Thanks Vnexpress. Did you parent has to submit the PR card application after they landed in order to get their PR done?
Also, do we have to wait for PR card to get the MSP and SIN card?
I am trying to prepare for everything in advance here. :) Thanks for your help.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
broham said:
Thanks Vnexpress. Did you parent has to submit the PR card application after they landed in order to get their PR done?
Also, do we have to wait for PR card to get the MSP and SIN card?
I am trying to prepare for everything in advance here. :) Thanks for your help.
You can apply for SIN right away after landing, you need landing paper and current passport for getting your SIN.
You don't have to apply separately for PR card, they will ask your address at the time of landing for sending your PR card.
Hope that will help you.
All the best.

KuRaMiTcH

Feb 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 29-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 08-09-2014
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Anyone from Manila VO? We submitted our docs last July 26 and have not heard since. Anyone knows how long does it usually takes for background check to become "In Progress" after submitting the requested docs?

MyCIC status:
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Ok. I'm about to submit my mom's passport. The letter asked that we submit the old passport that has a valid temporary resident visa. Her Canadian visa is expired, it is in her old passport and she has a visitor record that is valid until December 1 (that isn't attached to the passport). My question is, should I submit the visitor record along with the old and new passports? Or should I the passports are enough?

I am afraid that if I don't submit the visitor record, they might think that my mom is illegally staying in Canada when they see her expired visa.

What should I do? If you have a phone number I can call that would be great!

Thank you,

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
Ok. I'm about to submit my mom's passport. The letter asked that we submit the old passport that has a valid temporary resident visa. Her Canadian visa is expired, it is in her old passport and she has a visitor record that is valid until December 1 (that isn't attached to the passport). My question is, should I submit the visitor record along with the old and new passports? Or should I the passports are enough?

I am afraid that if I don't submit the visitor record, they might think that my mom is illegally staying in Canada when they see her expired visa.

What should I do? If you have a phone number I can call that would be great!

Thank you,
Keep the original. Send them a copy. They can find her in the system and confirm her valid status themselves. Her legal status is not decided by having a piece of paper.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Same condition here. Sent police certificate back in July but status still shows "not started".

KuRaMiTcH said:
Anyone from Manila VO? We submitted our docs last July 26 and have not heard since. Anyone knows how long does it usually takes for background check to become "In Progress" after submitting the requested docs?

MyCIC status:
Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Hi Kabayans,

Same status except "Review in Progress" in Background Check. We submitted necessary docs last June but Review of submitted documents "Blank".
We hope and pray Manila Office will progress soon.

Thanks,

fneda said:
Same condition here. Sent police certificate back in July but status still shows "not started".

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
hello folks,

Congratulations for those who has already received the PPR request. I am just wondering if there is any movement in NDVO after medical request or anybody has received PPR request from Delhi immigration office yet?

Best of luck
Little Star

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
little star said:
hello folks,

Congratulations for those who has already received the PPR request. I am just wondering if there is any movement in NDVO after medical request or anybody has received PPR request from Delhi immigration office yet?

Best of luck
Little Star
Nobody, that i know from even 2014 and 2016 applicants.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
vnexpress said:
Keep the original. Send them a copy. They can find her in the system and confirm her valid status themselves. Her legal status is not decided by having a piece of paper.

Thanks vnexpress, I called CIC office and the representative said we only have submit the passports.
Her passports arrived Ottawa this morning, fingers crossed that we get the passport back in 2 weeks!

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
hi everyone
CIC just emailed me saying that they refund the money I paid when I submitted my moms application
Does that mean they rejected the file?
Can anybody help me?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayvazcarla said:
hi everyone
CIC just emailed me saying that they refund the money I paid when I submitted my moms application
Does that mean they rejected the file?
Can anybody help me?
did you call cic call centre. Ask them the status. If rejected, then they should give the reason.
income proof not met ,criminal record issue , not meet residency requirement etc...

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
jhutti said:
did you call cic call centre. Ask them the status. If rejected, then they should give the reason.
income proof not met ,criminal record issue , not meet residency requirement etc...
No I didn't call them yet ure right they asked for nothing yet I hope they didn't reject it