+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
Rossei said:
Then it's your status, not your mom's.

If you already know that you have been approved as a sponsor, then this means nothing to you. If you haven't, it perhaps means that you have been approved and PR file has been transferred to appropriate LVO. You may get a letter or an email consequently.
Thanx Rossei you always help me with your quick replies
All I have to do is to wait then have a good day!

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi Folks

I have a query about my mom's application for permanent residence. Her visa office is New Delhi and we submitted her Medicals, PCC & Landing Fee in July this year. Her CIC status shows "in Process". However, I can see applicants have started getting the status changed to "medicals received". The reason i am worried is because we submitted the same medical exam that we got done for her in Jan this year for extension of her visitor visa as the medical practitioner had refused to do a fresh medical exam while the existing exam results are still valid. I have also come to know from a friend that new delhi visa office is not considering the visitor visa medical for the purpose of permanent residence application. Please share your thoughts and suggest me if there is a need to do act now.

Tim

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
timhortons said:
Hi Folks

I have a query about my mom's application for permanent residence. Her visa office is New Delhi and we submitted her Medicals, PCC & Landing Fee in July this year. Her CIC status shows "in Process". However, I can see applicants have started getting the status changed to "medicals received". The reason i am worried is because we submitted the same medical exam that we got done for her in Jan this year for extension of her visitor visa as the medical practitioner had refused to do a fresh medical exam while the existing exam results are still valid. I have also come to know from a friend that new delhi visa office is not considering the visitor visa medical for the purpose of permanent residence application. Please share your thoughts and suggest me if there is a need to do act now.

Tim
After submitting Medicals, there are 2 things that you need to look for:
1) MyCIC application details: Medical passed
2) E-Cas update: Medical has been received

I agree that you should have noticed these within 2 months of medical submission. It also depends on LVO speed/burden. Since your mom's medical for visitor permit extension still has 3 months validity on it, it should work for her PR.

If you don't hear anything from NDVO or don't see medical update in either MyCIC or E-Cas in next couple of weeks, you can email/case-specific-inquiry them for an update with your explanation.

retrovi8

Sep 7, 2016
retrovi8 said:
Hi all,

We are in the 2015 batch. Received AoR in May 2015.

Status changed less than a month ago on e-CAS to "In Process" for the Sponsorship Application, which it says they began processing in April 2016. PR application still shows "Application Received."

Earlier this week status on e-CAS changed to "Decision Made" for Sponsorship Application, but no request for medical/PCC or any communication about the decision (email/mail).

What is concerning is the fact that I have linked my application in MyCIC and the Application/profile status says "Closed."

Could this be a system bug or does this mean they have denied my sponsorship application? Anyone had a similar thing happen to them and turned out to be nothing? I am afraid it's a denial.

Any idea?

Thanks
Rossei/anybody? Very anxious here...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
retrovi8 said:
Hi all,

We are in the 2015 batch. Received AoR in May 2015.

Status changed less than a month ago on e-CAS to "In Process" for the Sponsorship Application, which it says they began processing in April 2016. PR application still shows "Application Received."

Earlier this week status on e-CAS changed to "Decision Made" for Sponsorship Application, but no request for medical/PCC or any communication about the decision (email/mail).

What is concerning is the fact that I have linked my application in MyCIC and the Application/profile status says "Closed."

Could this be a system bug or does this mean they have denied my sponsorship application? Anyone had a similar thing happen to them and turned out to be nothing? I am afraid it's a denial.

Any idea?

Thanks
It's a bit scary although if you're confident that you met all requirements, especially income, you need not to worry.

Have you really linked your parents' PR app to MyCIC? I'm not sure here but if you somehow only linked your sponsorship app to your account, you may take a sigh of relief. If it's showing your parent' PR app status in MyCIC, what else it projects in the application details?

retrovi8

Sep 7, 2016
Rossei said:
It's a bit scary although if you're confident that you met all requirements, especially income, you need not to worry.

Have you really linked your parents' PR app to MyCIC? I'm not sure here but if you somehow only linked your sponsorship app to your account, you may take a sigh of relief. If it's showing your parent' PR app status in MyCIC, what else it projects in the application details?
Thanks for your reply, Rossei.

Interesting point you bring up about only the sponsorship application being linked. When I did the linking, I used the application number CIC provided in the AOR that started with "XF[][][][][][][][][]" but left out the "X" as that was the only way I could link the application. That is the only communication we have received from CIC about this application. In the AOR, they said they will inform us once our application has been fully entered into the Case Processing System but we never got any confirmation of that sort. We never received the UCI number.

As for what we see in MyCIC, under Application Type it says "Permanent Residency." It used to say "Open" under Application/profile status, and "Not Started" for all the other fields. Now it only says "Closed" for Application/profile status and all the other fields like "Review of eligibility" etc. are empty. Names all match so we thought this was the application that was supposed to be linked.

I also checked my credit card account online to see if they refunded the fee, but nothing there either. Not sure if they usually send a cheque or refund back to the credit card, or how long they take after refusal to refund the PR application fee.

Do you see anything unusual with what I described here?

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi Experts,

I would like to ask one question regarding parents sponsorship applied in June 2010. Processing started in November 2015. 1st Doc request March 2016, Additional document request received in April 2016. Medical done and received by CIC on 20th August 2016. E-CAS status is medical recieved and application is in progress as of today. Please let me know that how much time they will take for passport request or decision made.

Thanking you in anticipation.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Rossei said:
After submitting Medicals, there are 2 things that you need to look for:
1) MyCIC application details: Medical passed
2) E-Cas update: Medical has been received

I agree that you should have noticed these within 2 months of medical submission. It also depends on LVO speed/burden. Since your mom's medical for visitor permit extension still has 3 months validity on it, it should work for her PR.

If you don't hear anything from NDVO or don't see medical update in either MyCIC or E-Cas in next couple of weeks, you can email/case-specific-inquiry them for an update with your explanation.
Thanks Rossei for your response. Yeah I shall initiate a case specific enquiry in case the status does not change soon.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
retrovi8 said:
Thanks for your reply, Rossei.

Interesting point you bring up about only the sponsorship application being linked. When I did the linking, I used the application number CIC provided in the AOR that started with "XF[][][][][][][][][]" but left out the "X" as that was the only way I could link the application. That is the only communication we have received from CIC about this application. In the AOR, they said they will inform us once our application has been fully entered into the Case Processing System but we never got any confirmation of that sort. We never received the UCI number.

As for what we see in MyCIC, under Application Type it says "Permanent Residency." It used to say "Open" under Application/profile status, and "Not Started" for all the other fields. Now it only says "Closed" for Application/profile status and all the other fields like "Review of eligibility" etc. are empty. Names all match so we thought this was the application that was supposed to be linked.

I also checked my credit card account online to see if they refunded the fee, but nothing there either. Not sure if they usually send a cheque or refund back to the credit card, or how long they take after refusal to refund the PR application fee.

Do you see anything unusual with what I described here?
Definitely unusual:
1. I never saw a recent PGP file number that starts with 'XF'. Most starts with just an 'F'.
2. I never heard of application saying 'Closed' during processing. I received PPR on Sep 12 and MyCIC still says 'Open'.

You can talk to a call centre agent or directly contact CPC-M (email or webform). Good luck!

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
anwar01 said:
Hi Experts,

I would like to ask one question regarding parents sponsorship applied in June 2010. Processing started in November 2015. 1st Doc request March 2016, Additional document request received in April 2016. Medical done and received by CIC on 20th August 2016. E-CAS status is medical recieved and application is in progress as of today. Please let me know that how much time they will take for passport request or decision made.

Thanking you in anticipation.
If your visa office is London then you should get the PPR request in a months time (approximately). Its just an assumption based on my case which was also processed in London.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
ZU said:
If your visa office is London then you should get the PPR request in a months time (approximately). Its just an assumption based on my case which was also processed in London.
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is London VISA office. It has been almost over a month in my case but no progress... That is why i am worried!!!! Any Advise??

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
We just received the PPR email from Singapore today, Sunday Oct 2, at 6.50 PM (PST) which is super early Monday morning Singapore. I am so excited!

We will courier her passport to Ottawa on Tuesday (enclosed with Express post envelope). We have to submit her old passport with the current passport because her CDN visitor visa was in her old passport.
My question is how long it will take to get the passport back? Mom's visitor record will expire on December 1.

Rossei and Vnexpress, how did it take for your parents to get their passport back? We will not be flag polling but will likely take a weekend trip to Seattle and will do the landing process at the border.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
broham said:
We just received the PPR email from Singapore today, Sunday Oct 2, at 6.50 PM (PST) which is super early Monday morning Singapore. I am so excited!

We will courier her passport to Ottawa on Tuesday (enclosed with Express post envelope). We have to submit her old passport with the current passport because her CDN visitor visa was in her old passport.
My question is how long it will take to get the passport back? Mom's visitor record will expire on December 1.

Rossei and Vnexpress, how did it take for your parents to get their passport back? We will not be flag polling but will likely take a weekend trip to Seattle and will do the landing process at the border.
Congrats broham! I told you before that SVO is ready to issue PPR as long as you do your part. They aren't making any unnecessary delay at present.

vnexpress received PP from Ottawa within 2 weeks (+ shipping time) and within this time-frame I expect to receive my mom's PP sometime this week.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
broham said:

Congratulations!

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Rossei said:
Congrats broham! I told you before that SVO is ready to issue PPR as long as you do your part. They aren't making any unnecessary delay at present.

vnexpress received PP from Ottawa within 2 weeks (+ shipping time) and within this time-frame I expect to receive my mom's PP sometime this week.
Thanks Rossei. My mom will be going back to Thailand in December for 3 months and will return to Canada in February 2017. My question is if she lands at Canadian border as soon as she receives her passport, will she be ok to return to Canada in February without her PR card, assuming she won't get her PR card by then? Or should she land when she returns in February? Ideally, I'd like to be with her during the landing process as she doesn't speaks English all that well.

Appreciate any suggestions :D