+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

jimmydixit

Sep 13, 2015
drunkhead said:
I am in same boat from New Delhi office, parents did medical and submitted PCC and paid all the fees back in june 2016, but nothing since then :(

But recently mycic status for background check changed to in progress, and then the very next day got an email from delhi that my parents need to submit their address and personal history since they turned 18, with military service form for my dad.

There is some movement, but nothing major, we sent those documents only this week, lets see what happens. My idea is, I should get ppr for my parents by October 15th, if everything goes right with the documents that we submitted and no further details been asked, because it should not take that long to send ppr after the background check goes in progress.
how did you linked yr parents account to my cic...i am trying for my parents not able to link. i filled out all correct infromation.
can you please let me know, how link parents and grand parents application to my cici

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
hello friends : urgent question fro Rossie and other team members : My mother is going for medical in next few hours and she has been talking medicine of High Blood Pressure for last 10-15 yrs and I think cholesterol also . Doctor said to bring any medication that you have been talking.

Do you think mentioning about the Blood Pressure and cholesterol medicine can create any issue .. ? It will be great if anyone who has gone through the same scenario / or knew someone gone through this scenario, share some details.

Salil

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
jimmydixit said:
how did you linked yr parents account to my cic...i am trying for my parents not able to link. i filled out all correct infromation.
can you please let me know, how link parents and grand parents application to my cici
here you go;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t449670.0.html

jimmydixit

Sep 13, 2015
drunkhead said:
here you go;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t449670.0.html
thanks for information.
Just one question. Principal applicant - do we have enter sponsor(my infromation) or parents infromation.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jimmydixit said:
thanks for information.
Just one question. Principal applicant - do we have enter sponsor(my infromation) or parents infromation.
Principal applicant (PA) is the primary PR applicant. For PGP, it's either of your parents. FYI, one of your parents is PA and the other one is an accompanying spouse.

jimmydixit

Sep 13, 2015
Rossei said:
Principal applicant (PA) is the primary PR applicant. For PGP, it's either of your parents. FYI, one of your parents is PA and the other one is an accompanying spouse.
Thanks.

i have provided all correct information but still not able to link my parents PGP account.
I have tried multiple time today as well before. i am filling out all infromation about my parents but no luck.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
salil said:
hello friends : urgent question fro Rossie and other team members : My mother is going for medical in next few hours and she has been talking medicine of High Blood Pressure for last 10-15 yrs and I think cholesterol also . Doctor said to bring any medication that you have been talking.

Do you think mentioning about the Blood Pressure and cholesterol medicine can create any issue .. ? It will be great if anyone who has gone through the same scenario / or knew someone gone through this scenario, share some details.

Salil
My mom takes daily medication for HBP, diabetes and hypothyroidism. We declared everything and showed the doctor recent reports, prescriptions and drugs. She had to undergo additional tests (fasting blood test for diabetes and creatinine test for kidney) upon IME exam. Her diabetes was a bit high and anemia was found in her blood; hence the doctor recommended to take her to our family physician. Anyway, they sent her reports to CIC and CIC passed her medical.

For a case of HBP and/or diabetes, the doctor will probably want to test kidney functionality. Even if you hide HBP, it's a routine that the doctor will check the pressure along with other things (full body checkup, vision test, blood & urine sample). If your mom's BP is under control with medication, no need to hide it.

Not sure about cholesterol, but I think that it shouldn't be a problem if she takes medication/supplements.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jimmydixit said:
Thanks.

i have provided all correct information but still not able to link my parents PGP account.
I have tried multiple time today as well before. i am filling out all infromation about my parents but no luck.
Did you follow the tips?

Sometimes, leaving some fields blanks work.

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
Hi everyone
My moms status changed from "in process" to "decision made" saying that they sent a letter on September 23 and that to expect some delays in mail delivery, but no medical exams requested yet ! Does anybody know how long does it take to recieve it

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Ayvazcarla said:
Hi everyone
My moms status changed from "in process" to "decision made" saying that they sent a letter on September 23 and that to expect some delays in mail delivery, but no medical exams requested yet ! Does anybody know how long does it take to recieve it
Is this under Sponsorship or PR part?

If Decision Made under PR part without medical exam, this doesn't look good. I hope it's just a system bug. I never saw any PGP case being refused so far though.

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
vnexpress said:
Is this under Sponsorship or PR part?

If Decision Made under PR part without medical exam, this doesn't look good. I hope it's just a system bug. I never saw any PGP case being refused so far though.
No it's under Sponsorship part

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Ayvazcarla said:
No it's under Sponsorship part
Then it's your status, not your mom's.

If you already know that you have been approved as a sponsor, then this means nothing to you. If you haven't, it perhaps means that you have been approved and PR file has been transferred to appropriate LVO. You may get a letter or an email consequently.

retrovi8

Sep 7, 2016
Hi all,

We are in the 2015 batch. Received AoR in May 2015.

Status changed less than a month ago on e-CAS to "In Process" for the Sponsorship Application, which it says they began processing in April 2016. PR application still shows "Application Received."

Earlier this week status on e-CAS changed to "Decision Made" for Sponsorship Application, but no request for medical/PCC or any communication about the decision (email/mail).

What is concerning is the fact that I have linked my application in MyCIC and the Application/profile status says "Closed."

Could this be a system bug or does this mean they have denied my sponsorship application? Anyone had a similar thing happen to them and turned out to be nothing? I am afraid it's a denial.

Any idea?

Thanks