+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Quebec guys,

What is the next step after getting CSQ (Parents sponsorship)?

Is there a PR application to be filled and send with CSQ to CIC?

krishp81

Dec 16, 2012
Hello All,

I am part of 2015 sponsorship application. We have received Medical request on August 10th and My parents have completed their medical at the end of August 2016 since then it is showing status as Medical Received.. Do you know when this will be moved to Next stage? I am just thinking if all the reports are good ..Anyone in same condition.

We have also sent the PPR by email to Ottawa email id and the status is not reflecting if PPR is received or not.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
krishp81 said:
Hello All,

I am part of 2015 sponsorship application. We have received Medical request on August 10th and My parents have completed their medical at the end of August 2016 since then it is showing status as Medical Received.. Do you know when this will be moved to Next stage? I am just thinking if all the reports are good ..Anyone in same condition.

We have also sent the PPR by email to Ottawa email id and the status is not reflecting if PPR is received or not.
I think lots ppl are the same situation, BTW i think you meant PCC not PPR. PPR (Passport request) will be the last step.
Keep your finger crossed, hopefully CPC-Ottawa will send PPR in bulk.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents application (2015 applicant) on CIC.gc.ca shows Sponsorship application as Decision Made, but PR application as In-Process. Is this how it shows up for everyone? So Decision made is for the Sponshorship application and not for the PR Application? When I open the link for the PR application in progress, it shows that Medical results have been received.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenon said:
My parents application (2015 applicant) on CIC.gc.ca shows Sponsorship application as Decision Made, but PR application as In-Process. Is this how it shows up for everyone? So Decision made is for the Sponshorship application and not for the PR Application? When I open the link for the PR application in progress, it shows that Medical results have been received.
Yup, exactly the same.

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hey Everyone, there is a little progress on my file. Now it shows Background Check In Progress. Visa Office is London (UK)

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi guys,
I plan to sponsor my parents in Jan 2017. I hope to get my PR in 1-2 months. I would like to confirm if I am eligible to do that. I meet income requirements for year 2015. I only have one NOA - 2015.

Could you please advise if I can apply for parents sponsorship this year or do I need to wait for 2 more NOAs?

Thanks in advance.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newkij1 said:
Hi guys,
I plan to sponsor my parents in Jan 2017. I hope to get my PR in 1-2 months. I would like to confirm if I am eligible to do that. I meet income requirements for year 2015. I only have one NOA - 2015.

Could you please advise if I can apply for parents sponsorship this year or do I need to wait for 2 more NOAs?

Thanks in advance.
For 2017, you need to meet income requirements for 2015, 2014, and 2013. Only one year is not enough.

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
OP_POP said:
For 2017, you need to meet income requirements for 2015, 2014, and 2013. Only one year is not enough.
Thanks for the reply, Sir.
It doesn't matter if I apply from Quebec? I believe they don't need last 3 year NOAs, but I think that's just provincial requirement.

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Good Morning folks,

Earlier this morning I received the passport request from CIC London (UK) for my parents. This has been a dream come true. I'm so happy and don't have words to express my feelings :) I'm sure everyone will hear the good news very very soon :) just a matter of time. Thank you so much everyone for sharing all the information and special thanks to Rossei for managing these spreadsheets.

Here is the timeline:

Jan 02, 2015 - Application Received by Case Processing Center Mississauga at 8:45 am
Mar 23, 2015 - Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) - Received by Postal mail on Apr 1, 2015
Aug 08, 2016 - Medical done upfront at Karachi, Pakistan
Aug 24, 2016 - Email from CIC London, requesting schedule A, IMM5406, Police Character Certificate, Passport Copies, 2 Photos, PR Fees ($490x2), IMM5406 form for Sponsor
Aug 30, 2016 - Requested documents delivered to CIC London
Sep 01, 2016 - Received Medical Request from London Visa Office
Sep 07, 2016 - E-Cas status for Sponsorship changed from In-Process to Decision Made
Sep 07, 2016 - Status updated to Medical Passed
Sep 24, 2016 - Status updated to Background Check in Progress
Sep 26, 2016 - Passport request received via Email from CIC London

Thanks
ZU

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
newkij1 said:
Thanks for the reply, Sir.
It doesn't matter if I apply from Quebec? I believe they don't need last 3 year NOAs, but I think that's just provincial requirement.
For Quebec you only need previous year. When you apply Immigration Quebec will ask for tax statements from the rpevious year which by the time they get to process will be the year 2016. hope this helps.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ZU said:
Good Morning folks,

Earlier this morning I received the passport request from CIC London (UK) for my parents. This has been a dream come true. I'm so happy and don't have words to express my feelings :) I'm sure everyone will hear the good news very very soon :) just a matter of time. Thank you so much everyone for sharing all the information and special thanks to Rossei for managing these spreadsheets.
Congrats ZU!

Hope your parents and all have a smooth landing as well.

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
I'm anxiously waiting to hear back. My mom's kidney ultrasound was good and the doctor submitted everything end of last week. Her kidney ultrasound was the only thing they were waiting for. I'm hoping to get the passport request from Singapore soon. My mom is here in Canada with us, but her visitor record will expire on December 1. I just want her to get her residency here before she goes back to Thailand.... Pray for me!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
broham said:
I'm anxiously waiting to hear back. My mom's kidney ultrasound was good and the doctor submitted everything end of last week. Her kidney ultrasound was the only thing they were waiting for. I'm hoping to get the passport request from Singapore soon. My mom is here in Canada with us, but her visitor record will expire on December 1. I just want her to get her residency here before she goes back to Thailand.... Pray for me!!
You will get it soon, no worries.

Re: your mom's stay permit, have you already extended it? My mom's stay permit was expiring 31-Oct-2016 and her SV & PP were expiring in Jan, 2017. Luckily, she got a 2-year stay permit this July while coming back to Canada with a new PP after a trip to home.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
broham said:
Hopefully SVO will be updated with your mom medical result very soon, but if you dont get PPR, say, by middle of October I suggest you to write to SVO or to SVO manager Tom Richter to let them know of your mom's expiring status in Canada, and ask if they can issue PPR so she can complete her landing here before heading back home to Thailand. They usually accommodate to special request very quick if that makes their lives and your life easier.