+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Cechk

Jun 25, 2016
Rossei said:
Congrats vnexpress and your mom!

Could you rather stop at Canadian side CBSA office by making a left turn before entering US? I've heard from the forum that you can do so and complete "landing". In this way, you don't have to flag-pole. I've done it before but not for immigration though.
I don't think u can because u will need a letter from the US side proving you actually left Canada.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Things are moving in Delhi for 2015 applicants, even though they sent my dad military detail form to be filled, the online status shows that the background check is in review on mycic account.

I believe it would be just few more months before they start sending ppr to 2014 and 2015 cases.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
Congrats vnexpress and your mom!

Could you rather stop at Canadian side CBSA office by making a left turn before entering US? I've heard from the forum that you can do so and complete "landing". In this way, you don't have to flag-pole. I've done it before but not for immigration though.
Technically to be processed for a new immigration status at the border you must be "seeking re-entry into Canada", and with land borders, only the letters from US Customs can prove you actually left Canada. CBSA does nothing with the letter from the US they just ask for it to comply with the law. Flagpoling seems to be a normal thing. I know U.S asks Canada for helps too to flagpole their residents so it is a 2 way benefit and they handle a lot of these requests at all land borders. Some facilities might allow Canadian vehicles to approach Canadian side first but at Coutts where I drove to, you need to first pass US Custom before you can make a U turn because there is a road divider in the middle you cant just turn right into Canadian office. Hard to describe these facilities in words but it will all make sense when you come.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Technically to be processed for a new immigration status at the border you must be "seeking re-entry into Canada", and with land borders, only the letters from US Customs can prove you actually left Canada. CBSA does nothing with the letter from the US they just ask for it to comply with the law. Flagpoling seems to be a normal thing. I know U.S asks Canada for helps too to flagpole their residents so it is a 2 way benefit and they handle a lot of these requests at all land borders. Some facilities might allow Canadian vehicles to approach Canadian side first but at Coutts where I drove to, you need to first pass US Custom before you can make a U turn because there is a road divider in the middle you cant just turn right into Canadian office. Hard to describe these facilities in words but it will all make sense when you come.
I understand.

Not sure if it was there in past, but most highways that go to borders have the most left lane dedicated to turn left just before approaching the toll booths. One can make the turn and park the vehicle at CBSA office. You need to say that you're here for landing and don't want to enter US. This has worked for some in 2014 thread.

Re: "seeking re-entry into Canada", when you make an appointment for landing with a CIC inland office, you're not technically seeking any sort of entry.

As far I know, you needed to cross border in past in order to re-enter and land. CIC didn't allow landing inland either by making appointments. But the regulations changed - I assume.

Well, I will perhaps give it a shot, if it doesn't workout; we will flag-pole (which I hate to do).

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
I understand.

Not sure if it was there in past, but most highways that go to borders have the most left lane dedicated to turn left just before approaching the toll booths. One can make the turn and park the vehicle at CBSA office. You need to say that you're here for landing and don't want to enter US. This has worked for some in 2014 thread.

Re: "seeking re-entry into Canada", when you make an appointment for landing with a CIC inland office, you're not technically seeking any sort of entry.

As far I know, you needed to cross border in past in order to re-enter and land. CIC didn't allow landing inland either by making appointments. But the regulations changed - I assume.

Well, I will perhaps give it a shot, if it doesn't workout; we will flag-pole (which I hate to do).
Yeah the border I went to they built the road and located their buildings in a way that prevent people to do this. Maybe check on google map to see if you can make a U-turn before the U.S custom. Is your mom pp with Ottawa now? Good luck.

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What happens if the sponsorship application is rejected? Can one apply again next year?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
vnexpress said:
Yeah the border I went to they built the road and located their buildings in a way that prevent people to do this. Maybe check on google map to see if you can make a U-turn before the U.S custom. Is your mom pp with Ottawa now? Good luck.
O I went over street view few times already. There is definitely a left turn only lane on our highway just before going into the toll booths. On the median, there is currency exchange office and on the other side, it's the CBSA office building and parking lot.

I sent my mom's passport to CPC-O only yesterday, they haven't got it yet. So, I guess I will at the border sometime in mid-October.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scorpion_ca said:
When they ask for ORIGINALS but only give email address for them to be scanned....is it necessary to have those originals certified (signed) as originals??
Don't they know not everyone has a scanner at home!! My folks just received their clearance certificates today. I suggested they just scan and email as quickly as possible.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leolaz27 said:
When they ask for ORIGINALS but only give email address for them to be scanned....is it necessary to have those originals certified (signed) as originals?? No
Don't they know not everyone has a scanner at home!! It's not IRCC's problem. Your PGP applied for PR and it's their responsibility to provide requested documents.My folks just received their clearance certificates today. I suggested they just scan and email as quickly as possible.Sound good

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
alinka said:
What happens if the sponsorship application is rejected? Can one apply again next year?
Yes, he can.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
Congrats to those who got visas stamped!!!
Question for Rossie and others. Kindly help!
Our case is transferred to London office and right away they requested photos of all applicants. This was an odd request as no one else seem to be asked of photos again. Anyway, we've submitted and it should have reached there 2 weeks ago but myCIC still shows this request as pending. I emailed using IRCC web form to request London office to confirm receipt of photos but no reply. Called CIC and they cannot confirm.
Does anyone know how I can get London office to confirm? Is there any direct email address to write to them? If anyone is dealing with London office or have heard about it, pls share your experience as my parents application seems to be getting stuck at every step. No medicals or PCC requests yet. I am so worried :( :( :(

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
So on Friday I sent CSQs of my parents and RPRF receipt by email and since I didn't get any automated message, I asked them to confirm that everything was received. I got a reply from an agent saying that all the info was updated in their system. Just now, I receive an email that a message is sent to MyCIC application and another email sent to my mother's email address requesting to submit the CSQs and pay the RPRF which we did and got confirmed, that got me confused, I replied to the email telling them that everything was already submitted and confirmed and i logged in the MyCIC applciation and founfd the document request there with an option to upload the documents which I did. So apparently maybe email system and sending docs is not 100% reliable after linking application to MyCIC account. Will wait and see if they confirm again...

gurpreet.gumber

Feb 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hello Friends,

I just got GCMS notes and I am bit confused .. I applied for my parents in January 2015 and after that just received the file number and all that sometime in march..

Now it's been almost 2 years and in GCMS notes nothing has been changed.. is that normal?

Is there anybody else having same situation.. please let me know and thanks...

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
gurpreet.gumber said:
Hello Friends,

I just got GCMS notes and I am bit confused .. I applied for my parents in January 2015 and after that just received the file number and all that sometime in march..

Now it's been almost 2 years and in GCMS notes nothing has been changed.. is that normal?

Is there anybody else having same situation.. please let me know and thanks...
Did you apply to sponsor your parents before becoming a PR?

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Ibaadat said:
Congrats to those who got visas stamped!!!
Question for Rossie and others. Kindly help!
Our case is transferred to London office and right away they requested photos of all applicants. This was an odd request as no one else seem to be asked of photos again. Anyway, we've submitted and it should have reached there 2 weeks ago but myCIC still shows this request as pending. I emailed using IRCC web form to request London office to confirm receipt of photos but no reply. Called CIC and they cannot confirm.
Does anyone know how I can get London office to confirm? Is there any direct email address to write to them? If anyone is dealing with London office or have heard about it, pls share your experience as my parents application seems to be getting stuck at every step. No medicals or PCC requests yet. I am so worried :( :( :(
Hi,

Here is the email address for London Visa Office: london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

I received an email for additional documents (which also included 2 photos) on Aug 24 from London Visa Office and the documents were delivered via mail on Aug 30. I haven't heard anything so far from London Visa Office. My current status:

Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed
Review of submitted documents:
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
Final decision: Not Started

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Z