+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ishtera

Aug 16, 2016
Hello, I am so happy I discovered this forum! So much useful information :). I sent my parents' application in Jan 2015 and have received the status update a few months back which said that the application was transferred to Warsaw, Poland. Not sure why, but since then I have not heard anything else. I tried linking my application through CIC website, but it keeps giving me error. Has anybody else heard anything from Warsaw office? Thank you in advance.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ishtera said:
Hello, I am so happy I discovered this forum! So much useful information :). I sent my parents' application in Jan 2015 and have received the status update a few months back which said that the application was transferred to Warsaw, Poland. Not sure why, but since then I have not heard anything else. I tried linking my application through CIC website, but it keeps giving me error. Has anybody else heard anything from Warsaw office? Thank you in advance.
Welcome to the forum, I am new too. Yes it is very helpful.
Thank you all for support

ZU

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Hello,

Received Medical Request from London Visa Office this morning.

The irony is that we've already got the medical done upfront on Aug 8 and sent them the eMedical information sheet, but still got the medical request today.

Not sure if they have updated the system or not. I'm thinking to resend the eMedical sheet to the London Visa Office. Any other suggestions?

Application Status:
--------------------
Application/profile status - Open
Review of eligibility - Review in Progress
Review of medical results - Review in Progress
Review of submitted documents -
Scheduling an interview - Not needed at this time
A background check is needed - Not Started
Final decision - Not Started

Thanks
Z

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
I went to do fingerprints with my mom just now. Because Hong Kong PCC is gonna be mailed directly from HK to CIC, the staff asked me for the address of CIC. There's no address on any of the email I got.

Does anyone knows the address of CIC to receive PCC?? Is it the one in Alberta? Thanks.

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
741953 said:
I went to do fingerprints with my mom just now. Because Hong Kong PCC is gonna be mailed directly from HK to CIC, the staff asked me for the address of CIC. There's no address on any of the email I got.

Does anyone knows the address of CIC to receive PCC?? Is it the one in Alberta? Thanks.
My understanding is that your file was forwarded to CPC-Ottawa and they asked me to submit scanned copy of original PCC. I was wondering do they ask you to submit original copy of PCC by mail.

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
My understanding is that your file was forwarded to CPC-Ottawa and they asked me to submit scanned copy of original PCC. I was wondering do they ask you to submit original copy of PCC by mail.
Yes, our case is forwarded to Ottawa. However the thing is, Hong Kong Police Department always have PCC directly delivered to CIC. They never mail it to the applicant.
I never thought I would be asked for CIC Ottawa address to fill in at the fingerprint centre.
I was very confused coz I thought Hong Kong Police would know where to send. But the staff at the fingerprint centre just kept pushing me to search online and figure out the address.
After 5 mins of googling on my phone, I couldn't find a definite answer (I couldn't quite focus coz I was a bit annoyed and frustrated). So I asked them to leave the address box empty for me to fill in later.

I found this address on CIC website. I think this is the one. I would appreciate if anyone can confirm :)

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Documents request
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Do CIC update status after receiving PCC?
I have submitted PCC after medical, they are showing "medical results received" but nothing about PCC.
Thank you in advance

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
741953 said:
Yes, our case is forwarded to Ottawa. However the thing is, Hong Kong Police Department always have PCC directly delivered to CIC. They never mail it to the applicant.
I never thought I would be asked for CIC Ottawa address to fill in at the fingerprint centre.
I was very confused coz I thought Hong Kong Police would know where to send. But the staff at the fingerprint centre just kept pushing me to search online and figure out the address.
After 5 mins of googling on my phone, I couldn't find a definite answer (I couldn't quite focus coz I was a bit annoyed and frustrated). So I asked them to leave the address box empty for me to fill in later.

I found this address on CIC website. I think this is the one. I would appreciate if anyone can confirm :)

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa
Documents request
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Yes, that is the correct address.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

scorpion_ca

May 31, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punchshp said:
Do CIC update status after receiving PCC?
I have submitted PCC after medical, they are showing "medical results received" but nothing about PCC.
Thank you in advance
I am in the same boat but I don't think they update e-cas for PCC.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
scorpion_ca said:
I am in the same boat but I don't think they update e-cas for PCC.
Thank you for your response

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
scorpion_ca said:
Yes, that is the correct address.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp
Thank you :)

After some more googling, I also found out 219 Laurier Avenue is office, 365 Laurier Avenue is mail room.
Mails addressed to #219 are gonna send to #365 for processing first anyway. So either way can get our mail in CPC-O.

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
steelcase said:
does police certificates have to be translated and notarized by Canadian notary? Or can it be done in another country?
I am not a lawyer but as per my best knowledge notary can be get done in any country.
To make sure you can ask them by replying the email they sent for PCC request.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Putting this question out to the forum on behalf of a co-worker.

Can a dependent adult over 18 years be added to the parents sponsorship application? Mother's older sister who is a dependent and lives at the same address.

alinka

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsorship application status changed from "application received" to "in process" today. How long did you guys wait for sa after you saw this status change online?