+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
kaiser72 said:
This is what written in the letter:

Your sponsor in Canada must contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF):
STEP 1: Pay Online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp
STEP 2: Submit Proof of Payment to CPC Mississauga:
Online: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-after.asp
By Fax: 905-803-7392
By Mail: CPC Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1200, Mississauga ON L4Z 1H8
NOTE: If proof of payment has not been sent to CPC Mississauga, our office cannot confirm the payment to continue processing your application.
Hi kaiser72, thanks very much for sharing the letter. I received the same. Did you get the police clearance request on the same letter or in a different one ? I see the same requests are available in my mother's my cic account as I linked her pr application there. Are we supposed to upload the documents online as well in my cic account? And also what should we send as a proof of medical ? Thanks

ss85

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
ss85 said:
Hi kaiser72, thanks very much for sharing the letter. I received the same. Did you get the police clearance request on the same letter or in a different one ? I see the same requests are available in my mother's my cic account as I linked her pr application there. Are we supposed to upload the documents online as well in my cic account? And also what should we send as a proof of medical ? Thanks

ss85
I got all document requests in one letter. But they sent me a form separately for medical exam test. I have to mail original police certificate, updated schedule A form, my father's death certificate in one package and doctor will submit the medical test electronically. About RPRF fee I am planning to pay online and submit the receipt online as instructed. I don't need to upload any documents in my CIC. Once they receive all these documents my CIC account will be automatically updated.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks Folks,

I was also able to link my parents immigration file to my account.
Tip: Looks to me text fields are case sensitive like city your primary applicant born etc.
as previous threads, no. of applicants is inclusive of family members already residing in Canada + sponsored. In my case 2 + 2 so i entered 4

Hope it helps. best of luck all...

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
harvey1687 said:
I applied January 2015.
Lucky you, I cant link my application, though on CIC application status it says started processing on July 12. Nothing else.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
I see that Singapore is calling 2016 files for medical requests. Anyone in this 2015 batch going through Singapore still waiting? :(

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
kaiser72 said:
I got all document requests in one letter. But they sent me a form separately for medical exam test. I have to mail original police certificate, updated schedule A form, my father's death certificate in one package and doctor will submit the medical test electronically. About RPRF fee I am planning to pay online and submit the receipt online as instructed. I don't need to upload any documents in my CIC. Once they receive all these documents my CIC account will be automatically updated.
In my email I was also told the instructions for my mom's medical will be in a separate email. But I never got that email. But the instructions were available in a PDf format in her my cic account. I paid the fees online , but the link doesn't specifically say how I can provide the receipt online to cpc Mississauga.. I know we can fax or mail too. Please let me know if you have figured out how to attach the receipt online to cpc Mississauga . Also is it the PO box address you are using to mail documents to Singapore? In the email I saw two addresses one street address and other one is mailing address. If it's a PO box address we can't mail it using fedex or DHL as they require physical person to sign it right ?

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
vnexpress said:
I see that Singapore is calling 2016 files for medical requests. Anyone in this 2015 batch going through Singapore still waiting? :(
You already did your parents upfront medical right?

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Anyone in India got Medical yet from 2015 batch?

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
ss85 said:
You already did your parents upfront medical right?
Yes but its not updated. I still need to submit PCC though and even Schedule A needs to be redone so I assume they will still send a request for other things regardless of medical status.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ss85 said:
In my email I was also told the instructions for my mom's medical will be in a separate email. But I never got that email. But the instructions were available in a PDf format in her my cic account. I paid the fees online , but the link doesn't specifically say how I can provide the receipt online to cpc Mississauga.. I know we can fax or mail too. Please let me know if you have figured out how to attach the receipt online to cpc Mississauga. Also is it the PO box address you are using to mail documents to Singapore? In the email I saw two addresses one street address and other one is mailing address. If it's a PO box address we can't mail it using fedex or DHL as they require physical person to sign it right ?
I guess one has to upload the receipt using web form. I myself couldn't figure it out yet.

Submit your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) or request a refund
Use this Web form if:

the Visa Office has instructed your relative to pay the RPRF, or
you want a refund for the RPRF. Refunds can only be issued once you have declined your right of appeal.

In your request, include the:

Full name,
Date of birth,
Country of birth,
Application Number (if known),
Relative’s Client ID Number (UCI) (if known), and
Copy of the Official Receipt.
You can upload the Official Receipt after you have completed all the required fields.

When I click on web form, I say YES for the first question and NO for the second one (Did you submit a paper application to an office OUTSIDE of Canada?). After that, I can't find the right type of application type in the form.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
I guess one has to upload the receipt using web form. I myself couldn't figure it out yet.

Use this Web form if:

you want a refund for the RPRF. Refunds can only be issued once you have declined your right of appeal.

Full name,
Date of birth,
Country of birth,
You can upload the Official Receipt after you have completed all the required fields.

When I click on web form, I say YES for the first question and NO for the second one (Did you submit a paper application to an office OUTSIDE of Canada?). After that, I can't find the right type of application type in the form.
Did you get medical request from Singapore too?

punchshp

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 Jan 2015
Doc's Request.
April 2016
AOR Received.
May 2015
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
12 Jul 2016
Med's Request
15 Aug 2016
Med's Done....
25 Aug 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
little star said:
Yes, medical request has been recieved on 18th July and completed last week. No further update after that
that's good for you, I haven't got anything yet.

mcgill_engr

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:

Use this Web form if:

Full name,
Date of birth,
Country of birth,

You need to select Sponsorship followed by the second (longer) option in the drop-down menu.

Interestingly, the email that I had received told me to send the RPRF receipt via email as mentioned below:

You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
mcgill_engr said:
You need to select Sponsorship followed by the second (longer) option in the drop-down menu.

Interestingly, the email that I had received told me to send the RPRF receipt via email as mentioned below:

You can pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee online by visiting: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format. Please send the receipt with your application number in the title to the following email CPCO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca. Please note that the RPRF ($490 per adult) is separate from the processing fees ($550 per adult and $150 per child) which were paid at the time of submitting the application.
Thanks , it worked. I could attach the receipt when I added my mother's info and my info in the form. I wrote a note that why I am using the form. Then I could upload the receipt.