+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Hello Tim,

I called on IRCC Call Centre# 1-888-242-2100. The key is how you talk to them :) First time I called up, they said we are only looking at 2011 application and we can't answer any questions regarding 2015. I called up again but I asked them differently, I mentioned to them since I am always travelling, I worry if I missed any communication and then said we will look into your file to make sure nothing is missed.

So I would try again, sometimes agents are really nice and they will help you as long as you are nice to them.

Salil

timhortons said:
Hi Salil

at Which number did you call CIC?
My mother's medical request has not arrived yet even after a week of she receiving the request for PCC &RPRF. I want to call them and check too.

Regards
Tim

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi Salil

is your case in progress with new delhi VO or ottawa? Mine is with new delhi and so when i called CIC, they asked me to contact new delhi VO via webform and initiate a case specific enquiry.

salil said:
Hello Tim,

I called on IRCC Call Centre# 1-888-242-2100. The key is how you talk to them :) First time I called up, they said we are only looking at 2011 application and we can't answer any questions regarding 2015. I called up again but I asked them differently, I mentioned to them since I am always travelling, I worry if I missed any communication and then said we will look into your file to make sure nothing is missed.

So I would try again, sometimes agents are really nice and they will help you as long as you are nice to them.

Salil

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
Well, they mentioned to me that my case is still under initial processing , I have not seen SA yet. Once that's done, they will transfer the file to a Local office. I am way behind you guys.

Salil

timhortons said:
Hi Salil

is your case in progress with new delhi VO or ottawa? Mine is with new delhi and so when i called CIC, they asked me to contact new delhi VO via webform and initiate a case specific enquiry.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Ahh good luck bro! u dont have much to catch up on :) soon u wud be posting ur new updates :D

salil said:
Well, they mentioned to me that my case is still under initial processing , I have not seen SA yet. Once that's done, they will transfer the file to a Local office. I am way behind you guys.

Salil

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
I have been hearing a lot the word "initial processing" in the SA process. I got hinted by someone who knows this process, that the "initial review" includes confirming with provinces about social assistance receipt, and income calculation, and that sponsored person is not inadmissible. Then the higher manager will approve the applications in bulk usually many will be approved on same day, at that point SAs will be sent out and files will be forwarded to corresponding visa offices. All 2015 files have been processed or going through initial review stage.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
This is little weird but an email from Singapore VO came yesterday to my mom's email address saying,
"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/06/06."

There was no request made for Medical/PCC/Additional Docs. My mom's E-cas hasn't changed either (still says app received on Jan 5, 2015). The email is like an AOR for PR from LVO. It doesn't even confirm 'PR in-process'. Has anyone else received such email? BTW, I received SA and File Transfer to Singapore in email on Jun 3, 2016.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Wondering what courier everyone used to send their parental sponsorship application. Fedex, Purolator or private couriers?

broham

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singpore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
06-May-2016
AOR Received.
03-Jun-2016
File Transfer...
14-Jun-2016
Med's Request
11-Jul-2016
Med's Done....
19-July-2016 & 14-Sep-2016 (Had to do it twice)
Passport Req..
02-Oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Sep-2016
LANDED..........
Weekend of Oct 22
Rossei said:
This is little weird but an email from Singapore VO came yesterday to my mom's email address saying,
"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/06/06."

There was no request made for Medical/PCC/Additional Docs. My mom's E-cas hasn't changed either (still says app received on Jan 5, 2015). The email is like an AOR for PR from LVO. It doesn't even confirm 'PR in-process'. Has anyone else received such email? BTW, I received SA and File Transfer to Singapore in email on Jun 3, 2016.
Hi Rossie, My mom and I (I am her representative) got the exact the same email from Singapore yesterday. Our status on E-Cas hasn't been updated yet. It looks like they are processing our case at the same time.

Jan 3, 2015
Hello,

We have also received a request for my mother to do her medical exam and also send additional documents(birth cert, marriage cert, and other forms).

The unique thing about our situation is that she is in Germany right now(as a toursit) and will be coming to Canada in July.

Question 1: Police clearance is required for any places where she lived for more than 6 months. Since she lived here in Canada for more than 6 months last year, I take it that I would need to get her a clearance from RCMP, right?

Also, we are planning to send back all documents via email, whixh is Their recommended medium for sending documents. However, they are also requesting 6 photos with the specifcations for the photos. do you think i can just also scan the photos and send those? im thinking i need to send those actual photos directly to their office.

Appreciate the help

SPVG

Dec 7, 2014
Rossei said:

Rossei,
I received the same email from the Singapore High Commission today. The strange thing is my son who is the sponsor has not heard anything since the AOR last year. So we are quite surprised to know that the file has been transferred to Singapore. Btw, my wife and I are currently here in GTA. When I came here a few months ago, I amended my address from my Malaysian address to my GTA address yet they have sent the application to Singapore LVO. Anyway, I dont really mind it. We will be going back later this year and it maybe easier to do the medicals and PCC in KL.

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
SA email got on Jun.3rd. File been forwarded to CIC HongKong.
Ecas changed to be IN Process on Jun. 7th.
Received email on Jun. 15th from CIC HongKong requesting -----

*upfront medical exam
*additional documents
*landing fee

tried to update the spreadsheet by myself, but failed. sorry about that.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
broham said:
Hi Rossie, My mom and I (I am her representative) got the exact the same email from Singapore yesterday. Our status on E-Cas hasn't been updated yet. It looks like they are processing our case at the same time.
I hope they started processing. Before I opened the email (I set it to forward to my email), I was like THIS MUST BE MEDICAL REQUEST. After I skimmed thru it, my hopes got lost. It wasn't even necessary...

SPVG said:
Rossei,
I received the same email from the Singapore High Commission today. The strange thing is my son who is the sponsor has not heard anything since the AOR last year. So we are quite surprised to know that the file has been transferred to Singapore. Btw, my wife and I are currently here in GTA. When I came here a few months ago, I amended my address from my Malaysian address to my GTA address yet they have sent the application to Singapore LVO. Anyway, I dont really mind it. We will be going back later this year and it maybe easier to do the medicals and PCC in KL.
Well, we're 3 in total having same situations.
I applied for my mom who has been continuously living with me on Super Visa since 1-Oct-2014. Currently, she is "visiting" home (Bangladesh) with my family. I will soon join them and we all will be back in Canada in late July. I don't even know where she will end up doing Medical.
BTW, I set your Sponsorship date as ours (3-Jun-2016) in the SS although your son never got it.

I'm thinking to use 14-Jun-2016 as our "PR In-Process" date. Any suggestion?

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maulikpatel35 said:
at Online it's Showing Mediical result have been received.
So any one get Passport request.
My file was received in Jan 2 2015
Hi maulikpatel35,

when did you submitted medical and what is your visa office?
Also, did you not get any additional document request.

pls share

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Rossei said:

Hi Rossei,

I have received the same email last night in my email address stating exact same line, as I have given mine as hers. Also I am her representative. therefore I assumed the email has been sent from Singapore as I received it late night. It has provided the file no and client ID number for my mother. My SA approval came yesterday via mail not email. Not sure why.
Thanks. Please let me know if you hear anything else.

ss85

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
Rossei said:

I received a similar e-mail one week before.