Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
That is strange that they have asked for the originals. On my case, the docs requested specifically mentioned that those should be saved as PDF and to be sent to the email address of the visa office.

drunkhead said:
m

I honestly don't know how you are interpreting their email, but I got the same and I don't see any request for original documents, rather CIC ALWAYS say never to send original documents.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CPA2CANADA said:
That is strange that they have asked for the originals. On my case, the docs requested specifically mentioned that those should be saved as PDF and to be sent to the email address of the visa office.
New Delhi Visa Office (NDVO) has been sending same email to everyone (2014-15 batch). I don't think they change the email text according to the cirscumstance. So, use your best judgement.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPA2CANADA said:
@CPA2Canada
Sounds different in your case..

Which visa office is yours ?
Have they asked for PCC ? (PCC is also sent in original)
What about RPRF, have they asked you to pay it?
In my case they have said to send by mail to New Delhi Office...no option of PDF etc given...

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Mine is Manila Visa Office. They have asked for RPRF, PCC, Birth Cert, Old School Records and IMM 5669.
The instruction was to send in PDF.

ak_indi said:
@CPA2Canada
Sounds different in your case..

Which visa office is yours ?
Have they asked for PCC ? (PCC is also sent in original)
What about RPRF, have they asked you to pay it?
In my case they have said to send by mail to New Delhi Office...no option of PDF etc given...

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CPA2CANADA said:
Mine is Manila Visa Office. They have asked for RPRF, PCC, Birth Cert, Old School Records and IMM 5669.
The instruction was to send in PDF.
Seems only NDVO is crazy...and that too BIG time crazy....asking for all forms, and many documents including some originals as well....

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I got my SA and File Transfer to Singapore in an email on Jun 3, 2016. And neither my nor my mom's E-Cas has changed since. It still says "Application Received". So, yes, we are in the same boat.

My advise would be to sit tight. Don't bother much about SA mail if you don't get it. Who cares as long as your file is processed with everyone else?

BTW, I will update your info in SS.
We received email June 3 that we have been approved as sponsors and our file has been moved to Pretoria South Africa.
I guess request for medical a would be next? Sent to my parents?

Rossei please update the spreadsheet for me. Thanks
Leo

salil

Star Member
Aug 5, 2008
I am in the same boat. I called up CIC few minutes back, requesting I may have missed some communication that may have been sent to my mothers home address. She checked and confirmed that CIC has not sent any communication and initial assessment is under progress.

So we can't help but just wait.

vnexpress said:
I think you can call CIC to find out if email was sent out but never received.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
I just called CIC...lady I spoke to was very nice...I was concerned about my email address change which I wasn't sure that it changed or not on my application. she said I have no email address on file and I did not miss anything. She said I have cleared initial step which I assume I have been approved...and they are working on my second stage. Hopefully, get something in mail soon.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
@nikary: Did the agent tell you the date your SA was done? They told me about document request last May which I never received and my SA is still in progress

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
@vnpress...agent didn't give me any date but said that I did not miss anything. And she said that initial approval....and they reworking on it..

renatoclaudia

Jan 29, 2015
We received an email/pdf letter dated June 3, that we have been approved as sponsors and our file has been moved to Lima, Peru, South-America.
Since, I live in Quebec, the letter mentioned that I required filling a couple of forms for Quebec.
Also, they’re sending my file to the local visa center in Lima, Peru for next steps.

Rossei can please update the spreadsheet for me. Thanks

Renato

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Just wondering, has any 2015 case forward to Ottawa received updates? medical? document request? if you have please update the spreadsheet.
On the spreadsheet there's 18 cases forwarded to Ottawa but none got further updates. Sigh, are we stuck?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
741953 said:
On the spreadsheet there's 18 cases forwarded to Ottawa but none got further updates. Sigh, are we stuck?
More importantly, total 57 cases (2014-15-16) have been forwarded to Ottawa and only 2 got Medical request so far. It may be slow at this moment, but I'm pretty sure Ottawa will come up with BIG HEART soon.

timhortons

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July, 2011
AOR Received.
9th Sep, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
29th Sep, 2011
Med's Request
5th December, 2011
Med's Done....
11th January, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5th December, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
20th March, 2012
Hi Salil

at Which number did you call CIC?
My mother's medical request has not arrived yet even after a week of she receiving the request for PCC &RPRF. I want to call them and check too.

Regards
Tim
salil said:
I am in the same boat. I called up CIC few minutes back, requesting I may have missed some communication that may have been sent to my mothers home address. She checked and confirmed that CIC has not sent any communication and initial assessment is under progress.

So we can't help but just wait.