+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
guys, could I get your advise for my current situation -

My application was one of the earliest on Jan 2, 2015. Seeing that many of the 2015 folks already got sponsorship approved while I didn't hear anything except an email notification with application number back in March 2015, I called CIC last week. The first lady I talked to checked my file and told me that someone worked on my case and made some notes in April 2016 but she didn't see my application being approved yet. Then I made another call, this time it was a gentleman who also checked my file but then told me that my sponsorship was approved as of April! :eek: I explained to him that I didn't get email or postal mail for the approval so he agreed to send a note to CIC Mississauga processing center requesting them to email me. So far I haven't heard anything back. Two days ago I called CIC again mentioning the inconsistent information in my two previous calls, but this third person simply refused to help me whatsoever as soon as she saw the request sent by the second gentleman. Apparently this third call was very frustrating and useless. :mad:

What makes me worry is not the case processing itself, but what exactly my current status is. In particular, if it was really approved but I haven't heard anything, what if they require something such as medical from my parents but could not reach us, so that we don't respond in 30 days resulting in application rejection? :'(

What should be my next action? Should I keep calling until I find an agent who is willing to help? Or should I email CIC Mississauga processing center directly? Do they have an email address for application inquiry as in my case?

Please help me out with your suggestion. I would love to hear alternate approaches as well if you have anything in mind. Thank you so much for helping! :)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
lukechen said:
guys, could I get your advise for my current situation -

My application was one of the earliest on Jan 2, 2015. Seeing that many of the 2015 folks already got sponsorship approved while I didn't hear anything except an email notification with application number back in March 2015, I called CIC last week. The first lady I talked to checked my file and told me that someone worked on my case and made some notes in April 2016 but she didn't see my application being approved yet. Then I made another call, this time it was a gentleman who also checked my file but then told me that my sponsorship was approved as of April! :eek: I explained to him that I didn't get email or postal mail for the approval so he agreed to send a note to CIC Mississauga processing center requesting them to email me. So far I haven't heard anything back. Two days ago I called CIC again mentioning the inconsistent information in my two previous calls, but this third person simply refused to help me whatsoever as soon as she saw the request sent by the second gentleman. Apparently this third call was very frustrating and useless. :mad:

What makes me worry is not the case processing itself, but what exactly my current status is. In particular, if it was really approved but I haven't heard anything, what if they require something such as medical from my parents but could not reach us, so that we don't respond in 30 days resulting in application rejection? :'(

What should be my next action? Should I keep calling until I find an agent who is willing to help? Or should I email CIC Mississauga processing center directly? Do they have an email address for application inquiry as in my case?

Please help me out with your suggestion. I would love to hear alternate approaches as well if you have anything in mind. Thank you so much for helping! :)
Order your gcms notes. If you have been approved it will actually say "status passed"
Best way to keep informed about one's case. Only costs $5

Make sure you order your electronic file and not physical file from the options.

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
soonihope said:
Order your gcms notes. If you have been approved it will actually say "status passed"
Best way to keep informed about one's case. Only costs $5

Make sure you order your electronic file and not physical file from the options.
Hi soonihope,

This is a great idea! Thank you! :D Just a couple of follow up questions:

1. To your knowledge, would requesting gcms notes slow down the application processing?
2. I guess for sponsorship application status inquiry, it would be sufficient for me to request information just for myself. Once sponsorship is approved, the status of my parents's permanent residence application needs to be requested by me on my parents' behalf by filling form IMM5744, correct?

Thank you so much! :)

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
lukechen said:
Hi soonihope,

This is a great idea! Thank you! :D Just a couple of follow up questions:

1. To your knowledge, would requesting gcms notes slow down the application processing?
2. I guess for sponsorship application status inquiry, it would be sufficient for me to request information just for myself. Once sponsorship is approved, the status of my parents's permanent residence application needs to be requested by me on my parents' behalf by filling form IMM5744, correct?

Thank you so much! :)
Qu.1 no it does not slow processing time. I ordered my notes a number of time during the process and my case (from 2011) was finalized in 5 years which is pretty quick for the cases from 2011.

Qu.2 yes you will need the consent form from your parent. I would suggest you enclose that now as you will also get details of the permanent residence side of the application as well. You only need to send a scanned copy of the consent form when you request the gcms notes online.

lukechen

Mar 7, 2008
soonihope said:
Qu.1 no it does not slow processing time. I ordered my notes a number of time during the process and my case (from 2011) was finalized in 5 years which is pretty quick for the cases from 2011.

Qu.2 yes you will need the consent form from your parent. I would suggest you enclose that now as you will also get details of the permanent residence side of the application as well. You only need to send a scanned copy of the consent form when you request the gcms notes online.
Thank you so much soonihope! I really appreciate your help! :)

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsoring both my parents and in-laws.

Applications received Jan 2nd, 2015

My sponsorship application was approved April 27th, 2016; my wife's application was approved May 4th and both applications were sent to Ankara.

My wife CIC status changed to "In Process" on May 11th and a week later on 16th her father received an email requesting medical checks. A week later on 23rd, he received another email requesting IMM 5562 and police certificate.

My application status just changed to "In Process" May 26. No medical request yet. Will update soon

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
hbestluck said:
Sponsoring both my parents and in-laws.

Applications received Jan 2nd, 2015

My sponsorship application was approved April 27th, 2016; my wife's application was approved May 4th and both applications were sent to Ankara.

My wife CIC status changed to "In Process" on May 11th and a week later on 16th her father received an email requesting medical checks. A week later on 23rd, he received another email requesting IMM 5562 and police certificate.

My application status just changed to "In Process" May 26. No medical request yet. Will update soon
I updated your entries (hbestluck #1 & hbestluck #2) in the SS. Please, have a look and change (if required) using "Add/Update Entry" sheet.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Wow congrats to many of you who have got SA. Is there anyone whose applications received on Jan 5 2015 that receive any response from CIC ? TIA

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC call center twice and both time they said they are not even able to check status of my file, refused to even get my file number, super useless. Wondering if they got a notice not to check status for PGP. Anyway, early jan 2nd application but no update yet....

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
OP_POP said:
I just called CIC call center twice and both time they said they are not even able to check status of my file, refused to even get my file number, super useless. Wondering if they got a notice not to check status for PGP. Anyway, early jan 2nd application but no update yet....
I cant even connect with them. The system keeps hanging up on me saying all agents are busy. CIC call centre is still a big joke!

echo6315

Jan 19, 2015
soonihope said:

Could you please tell what gcms notes are? and how to order online?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
echo6315 said:
Could you please tell what gcms notes are? and how to order online?
All links are given in the 'Info' sheet of the SS.

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
Guys,

Got this medical request on May 30 for my mother.
It says she has 30 days to complete the medical.

Can you advice what could be the next step after?

Thanks

Dear Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please see attached letter(s) for details.

The file number noted above must be included on all correspondence with this office.

Best Regards,

Permanent Resident Unit - Unité de résident permanent
Immigration Section - Section de l'immigration
Embassy of Canada, Manila - Ambassade du Canada, Manille
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City1200, Philippines
www.philippines.gc.ca

Consent & Disclaimer: By supplying your email address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you are initiating an email communication with CIC, and CIC is thereby authorized to use the email address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your email address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

Consentement et désistement : En fournissant votre courriel (avec votre présente requête ou auparavant lors de la soumission de votre demande de résidence permanente ou temporaire), vous amorcez une communication électronique avec CIC, et CIC est donc de ce fait autorisé à utiliser l’adresse courriel que vous avez fournie pour communiquer avec vous y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels relatifs à votre dossier / cas. En fournissant votre adresse courriel à CIC, il est aussi entendu que vous êtes au courant que ce moyen de communication n'est pas toujours fiable. CIC n'est pas responsable de la divulgation de renseignements personnels à un tiers lorsque CIC a pris des mesures raisonnables pour s'assurer de l'identité de la personne. De plus, CIC n’est pas responsable de l'usage inapropriée de cette information par un tiers.<mt>

mysore

Jan 17, 2015
Hi Rossei,

On the Timeline_Stage3 tab in the SS for my parents submission, it appears that the date of 'PR in process' column has been incorrectly input as my E-CAS still shows as 'Application Received'. Can you please remove the PR in process date? Thanks!

Mysore

KuRaMiTcH

Feb 9, 2011
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 29-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 08-09-2014
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
27-10-2014
Received our Medical Request email today (4 days after we received the SA email). Are you guys able to select any Country or Territory in the CIC Panel Physicians page (http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx)? Nothing shows when I click on the drop down. ???