+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
I received first AOR March 21. Got another email last week with UCI #. Did anyone get a second letter in email?
My e-cas is not updated yet.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jennifer1980 said:
Hi there, I was hoping to get some advice from all of you on how to sponsor my parents from outside canada.
My problem is how to get them to sign the docs after the last modiification in Dec. I tried last year using mail service but it was around Xmas and the mail got stuck in my country. By the time I received the docs back it was too late, the 5000 spots fill ip very qhickly :(

Do you know if there is another solution or where the last change will happen? I need to avoid Xmas time as the mail serHi there, I was hoping to get in touch to get some advice on how to sponsor my parends from ourside canada.
Mh problem is how to get them sign the docs after the last modiification. I tried last year using mail service but it was around Xmas and the mail got stuck in my country. By the time I received them back it was too latr :(

Do you know if there is another solution or where the lasg change will happen? I need to avoid Xmas time as the mail service is not reliable during that time.

Thank you in advance!

few suggestions I can made

1> try bring your parents in dec 2015 in Canada via visitor or super visa. That way they are available to sign. Open day next year is 4th jan.
2> if option 1 is not possible then by 2nd week of dec , print out forms and send for sign. Make sure to send two copies to sign, here yes risk of new update of form is always thier , but that the best u can do. dec2013 cic make last minute changes in form. dec2014 they did not. no one knows what will happen in dec2015.
3> use courier service like dhl, fedex for sending or getting forms with parents abroad. Not time to look for cheap options or standard posts service

4> assuming u have all forms ready by last week of dec 2015. Now shop around local courier services in Mississauga or GTA. See how is willing and legally allowed to stand in line early in the morning of 4th jan 2016. They will charge per hour basis to stand in line.
5> Sending multiple applications may be illegal or wrong but people will try that option by sending one via fedex other via purolator etc...
6> opening a own courier company is also not bad option or buy shares in local courier company .But that time is now.

best of luck

Koala Bear

Jul 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

I need an advise on parents sponsorship. My dad has been recently diagnosed with cancer. I am the only caregiver as both my mom and my older brother have passed away. I would like to bring him to Canada. Given his health condition we cannot wait for 3-4 years which is a current processing time. Is there a way to speed up the process for people in our circumstances. Any advise will be appreciated.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Koala Bear said:
Hi everyone,

I need an advise on parents sponsorship. My dad has been recently diagnosed with cancer. I am the only caregiver as both my mom and my older brother have passed away. I would like to bring him to Canada. Given his health condition we cannot wait for 3-4 years which is a current processing time. Is there a way to speed up the process for people in our circumstances. Any advise will be appreciated.
Sorry about your dad. I think super visa is your only choice.

Good luck.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Koala Bear said:
Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about his illness, but he will have to pass medical exam before any visa could be issued.
Unfortunately no way to expedite the application. Hopefully things will pickup speed for your dads PR case.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OP_POP said:
Sorry about your dad. I think super visa is your only choice.

Good luck.
He won't pass the medical for the super visa. A regular visitor visa is the only option. Important to note that they will have to pay out of pocked for any health care / treatment received while in Canada. As a visitor - he won't be covered under the provincial health care system and no private insurance policy is going to cover the costs of cancer treatment. It would be wise to assume this may run several $100,000's.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think having cancer is a reason to fail medical tests. I believe they are more concerned about illnesses that can be transferred to other people or cause danger for the society. Check on that one with a lawyer.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
My E-Cas has been activated with 'Received' status. I can log in with either of my UCI# or Application#. I can use my mom's credentials (with Application#) as well to log in.

But unfortunately, there are some glitch re: my address in my E-Cas. Before it was showing my current home address (on top left). Now it's only showing an old mailing address (on top right). The top left is blank. But my mom's showing current address as mailing address (no home address though).

Anyway, I requested for an update through Update This Mailing Address button. It says it takes 15 days to update. Let's see.

g1m

Jan 29, 2015
My status is showing up now too, but it only has my father's name in applicant section and my mother's name is not there. Is that because my dad is the principal applicant and that is how they show the status, even when you apply for both the parents.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g1m said:
My status is showing up now too, but it only has my father's name in applicant section and my mother's name is not there. Is that because my dad is the principal applicant and that is how they show the status, even when you apply for both the parents.
You are just sponsoring your father and her wife. It is another matter her wife is your mother also.
For both to become PR . Your father have to land when the turn comes in 3-4 year time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
lenium said:
I don't think having cancer is a reason to fail medical tests. I believe they are more concerned about illnesses that can be transferred to other people or cause danger for the society. Check on that one with a lawyer.
You're incorrect. Read up on excessive burden. Parents can and are refused for reasons such as cancer.

proulx

Jun 23, 2015
Quebec
LANDED..........
30 MAY 2004 MA VIE EST MERVEILLEUSE
sylvia27 said:
Anyone sponsoring parents in 2015 when the program reopens? Let's connect and help each other in this process.
By the way, I'm applying from Quebec. I started to prepare some of the forms and fill them up. Hopefully they don't update them last minute.

Did anyone else start with preparations?
hi Sylvia. I am already gathering all the necessary documents before the immigration re-open again next year 2016 and sending documents from here to Philippines (just for the signature of my mom) takes a long time. you see they only accept 5,000 applicant every year. I am confused on some questions like IMM 5768, FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS SPONSORSHIP. I have a co-signer (my husband), on question number 7: total number of persons...I should write ''3'' on the box, right? what will be the answers on questions 4,5 &6? I am sponsoring just my mom. thanks in advance.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Hello,
Today is first time i was able to log in to check eCas using my application number. Before the system didnt recognize my attempts and i wasn't able to log in.

I'm sponsoring my mom and dad. But only my mom is showing up as sponsored person when i log in to ecas. Is that because my dad is dependant? that's why he is not showing up

thank you

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
proulx said:
hi Sylvia. I am already gathering all the necessary documents before the immigration re-open again next year 2016 and sending documents from here to Philippines (just for the signature of my mom) takes a long time. you see they only accept 5,000 applicant every year. I am confused on some questions like IMM 5768, FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS SPONSORSHIP. I have a co-signer (my husband), on question number 7: total number of persons...I should write ''3'' on the box, right? what will be the answers on questions 4,5 &6? I am sponsoring just my mom. thanks in advance.
If you can answer Question 2 to 6; 7 will automatically populate itself (you cannot write there). If your family only consists of 2 members (no other dependents, current/previous undertakings) and you are only inviting your mom (which means box 3 in IMM0008 is 1); then it should be 3.

It's fine that you are gathering docs now. But do not just send the forms to your mom now. CIC tends to update the forms at the last minute. Here's some history for you:

* The last update on the forms was in November, 2014 for 2015 PGP Applications
* The last update on the forms was in December, 2013 for 2014 PGP Applications

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
steelcase said:
Hello,
Today is first time i was able to log in to check eCas using my application number. Before the system didnt recognize my attempts and i wasn't able to log in.

I'm sponsoring my mom and dad. But only my mom is showing up as sponsored person when i log in to ecas. Is that because my dad is dependant? that's why he is not showing up

thank you

So anyone can confirm they can see one person or two people in your on-line eCas account (if you are sponsoring both parents of course)