N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Guiders said:
Can anyone please suggest a way how I can call my parents in Canada as soon as possible.

On a separate note, my paternal uncle lives in Canada and has a big house and hence, no issue of accommodation or such issues.

Many thanks!
As others suggested, you don't have any alternative other than applying for regular visitor visa for your parents which has a slim chance as well. But this will only allow your parents to stay maximum of 6 months in Canada.

However, I've seen single parent (with govt. job) of new immigrants got Visitor Visa when she was invited by her brother in Canada (same as your uncle). You can try this before you land in Canada.

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
I've got FOSS notes saying my app successfully made the 5000 cap. But have not got AOR yet. Anyone in the same boat?

SKK18

Jul 2, 2014
jhutti said:
congrats for the baby. But this situation for young couple is really tough. i mean one member needs to have six digit salary for period that cover NOAs of parents sponsorship Then only one is free to pop up babies. :D
We are also expecting and its our first baby...my husband and myself had a very good job track in past 3 year. We got accepted in first 5000 application. I'm concerned about my maternity leave....Should I be working part time in order to qualify for parents sponsorship program or they will consider my financial abilities from the last 3 year. This is such a sticky situation.....I really need my mother and brother to be here with us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
SKK18 said:
We are also expecting and its our first baby...my husband and myself had a very good job track in past 3 year. We got accepted in first 5000 application. I'm concerned about my maternity leave....Should I be working part time in order to qualify for parents sponsorship program or they will consider my financial abilities from the last 3 year. This is such a sticky situation.....I really need my mother and brother to be here with us.
You need to maintain LICO until your parents' application is finalized and their PR visa has been issued. Note that your LICO count will go up by 1 person with the birth of your baby.

SKK18

Jul 2, 2014
scylla said:
You need to maintain LICO until your parents' application is finalized and their PR visa has been issued. Note that your LICO count will go up by 1 person with the birth of your baby.
For five people - 5 persons ( It will be my mom, brother, husband, baby and myself.)

2011 -$63,833

2012- $62,023

2013- $60,905
PLUS 30% so this includes taxes in the income?? My husband is a co signer and that means he should maintain it for Year 2016.

SKK18

Jul 2, 2014
My eCas was updated with my sponsorship application. It says

"We received your application to sponsor XYZ on January 2, 2015". It's on my mom's page , I didn't see my brothers name ...may be because he is a dependent and his application goes under my mom's .

nina.roy

Star Member
Dec 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally my ECAS updated!!

"We received XYZ application for permanent residence on January 2, 2015."

No email nor letter AOR yet...

Dec 12, 2013
Hi I am not even sure if this is the right thread am posting on but please pardon me. I am not an expert on this site.
I became PR I was sponsored by my husand. But we are separated now we have two kids together. I am trying to file for my mom bit I didn't make the income requirement last year tax season. Now I have a better job that will afford me to sponsor but they need 3 years taxes. Does anyone know if my husband can co sign on my mom's application? Even though we are separated. Please of anyone has answers to my question it will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to jump into getting together with him until we resolve all our issues.
Thank you so much guys.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Waiting_patiently said:
Hi I am not even sure if this is the right thread am posting on but please pardon me. I am not an expert on this site.
I became PR I was sponsored by my husand. But we are separated now we have two kids together. I am trying to file for my mom bit I didn't make the income requirement last year tax season. Now I have a better job that will afford me to sponsor but they need 3 years taxes. Does anyone know if my husband can co sign on my mom's application? Even though we are separated. Please of anyone has answers to my question it will be greatly appreciated. I don't want to jump into getting together with him until we resolve all our issues.
Thank you so much guys.
If you haven't legally separated, then he can probably still sign. Keep in mind that by signing the application he is agreeing to financially support your mother for 20 years after she lands. Also, the processing of your mother's application will take 4+ years to complete and you'll need to make sure you don't divorce during this time. It's also possible that CIC may request additional income information at any time during this 4+ year period from you and your husband. Long story short, if you're not planning on getting back together with him then I would not use him as a co-signer.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Sponsoring Parents in 2015 - eCas

This seemed a bit odd and so I'm sharing it.

During mid-June some applicants' e-Cas got activated with 2015 PGP application status. Since then I've been checking regularly with no luck.

As I received my citizenship recently; my e-Cas had been activated from Dec' 2014. I took my oath on Jun 3, 2015 and my status followed it with 'complete' status. But during mid-June period, all of a sudden, my PR application from 2011 showed up in my e-Cas with 'complete' status (just like my citizenship application).

So, now, I have 2 applications' status (both saying complete) in my e-Cas (my PR from 2011 and my citizenship 2014-15) which I don't need anymore. Nothing on PGP application. :-X

g1m

Jan 29, 2015
I am not able to login to e-cas. I am using:
1. Application number (stated in the AOR email).
2. Surname/Lastname
3. Date of birth (I tried with both mine [sponsor] as well as my father's [primary applicant])
3. Place of Birth (It's same for me and my father)

Am I missing something here?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
g1m said:
I am not able to login to e-cas. I am using:
1. Application number (stated in the AOR email).
2. Surname/Lastname
3. Date of birth (I tried with both mine [sponsor] as well as my father's [primary applicant])
3. Place of Birth (It's same for me and my father)

Am I missing something here?
You're missing the fact that not everyone's E-Cas has been activated yet. It's mostly those applications which reached Mississauga on the first day (02-Jan-2015) are getting their E-Cas updated.

FYI, you can try with your UCI No to login as well.

kpkp

Jun 30, 2015
For those of you who already received AOR letter through mail, who was the letter sent to(whose name was on the envelope) the sponsor or the applicants? We just moved to a different address and have bought canada post mail forward service for my husband and me only(not my parents), so if it was my parents' name on the envelope, canada post wouldn't forward the letter to us at new address.

The E-cas was just updated very recently. and I just updated the mailing address online.

Thanks!

jennifer1980

Mar 13, 2010
Hi there, I was hoping to get some advice from all of you on how to sponsor my parents from outside canada.
My problem is how to get them to sign the docs after the last modiification in Dec. I tried last year using mail service but it was around Xmas and the mail got stuck in my country. By the time I received the docs back it was too late, the 5000 spots fill ip very qhickly :(

Do you know if there is another solution or where the last change will happen? I need to avoid Xmas time as the mail serHi there, I was hoping to get in touch to get some advice on how to sponsor my parends from ourside canada.
Mh problem is how to get them sign the docs after the last modiification. I tried last year using mail service but it was around Xmas and the mail got stuck in my country. By the time I received them back it was too latr :(

Do you know if there is another solution or where the lasg change will happen? I need to avoid Xmas time as the mail service is not reliable during that time.

Thank you in advance!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jennifer1980 said:
Hi there, I was hoping to get some advice from all of you on how to sponsor my parents from outside canada.
My problem is how to get them to sign the docs after the last modiification in Dec. I tried last year using mail service but it was around Xmas and the mail got stuck in my country. By the time I received the docs back it was too late, the 5000 spots fill ip very qhickly :(
What do you mean by "last year"? In Dec, 2014; there was no change in forms for 2015 PGP applications. If you are talking about December of 2013 (for 2014 PGP applications), yes, there was some last minute update on the forms.

I personally think that CIC did not intentionally modify the forms at the last minute back in 2013. It was the first time they introduced 5000 cap and there was incompetency. They were probably aware of it this time and hence all forms got updated well before December, 2014. So, you should have ample time to send the forms and get them back.

But I agree that it will be a dilemma if CIC modifies the forms again at the last minute (which I highly doubt). My mom was here in Canada with me on Super Visa. So, I didn't have this issue. You may consider getting TRV/ Super Visa for your parents. I cannot suggest anything else.