+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

SK5123

Jan 9, 2015
Rossei said:
When did you get the email AOR? I'm not too sure which date you want me to use for your AOR...
Thanks so much for the updates, Rossei! I couldn't figure out hoe to update by myself yesterday.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
SK5123 said:
Thanks so much for the updates, Rossei! I couldn't figure out hoe to update by myself yesterday.
NP

For future reference, use 'New Entry' sheet to update your info. This sheet is unlocked for all users. Instructions are given on the first tab called 'Introduction'. Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Leolaz27 said:
Same here!

I have just checked my e-mail inbox again...nothing yet! Nothing in the mailbox either :( Should we be concerned? Why would some people have received the email or letter and others not?
If anyone has any info, please share!
tks
I don't think it's time you became concerned yet.

There can be 2 reasons why people are getting email AOR or regular mail AOR:

1. The sponsor did not provide an email address or the email id wasn't valid. In either case, CPC didn't have any choice other than sending regular mail AOR letter.

2. There can be a pilot project of email AOR. In most applications, CIC does it in order to increase efficiency - I guess. For example, I applied for my citizenship in August, 2014. Some of the August applicants received email AOR and some did not.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:

1. The sponsor did not provide an email address or the email id wasn't valid. In either case, CPC didn't have any choice other than sending regular mail AOR letter.

2. There can be a pilot project of email AOR. In most applications, CIC does it in order to increase efficiency - I guess. For example, I applied for my citizenship in August, 2014. Some of the August applicants received email AOR and some did not.
invalid email ids or mis interpreted email ids can be one issue. They should start another pilot program to validate sponsor quickly based on
Income level , stable job plus no dependants( or older kids) left out of sponsored parents etc.
I wonder how CIC officers evaluate the applications of those sponsors whose sibling in age of 19-24 years still living with sponsored parents.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:

Thanks Rossei
I know I provided a valid email, since its the same one I use now. What concerns me though, is that it is now April 16 and those who RECEIVED emails or letters got them weeks ago!!

I imagine if there was a problem with the application, I would have received a refund and my forms back by now? So that is a little comforting I guess.

It would really help if this process was streamlined and the actual steps were laid out clearly without this constant ambiguity! (yeah right, its a bureaucracy) ha ha ;D
nothing we can do but wait and see because CIC holds all the cards
Leo

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my letter from CIC today, April 21, 2015.... it is dated March 23, 2015. (snail mail?? :eek:)
Rossei, I updated the sheet!

tks
Leolaz27

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Leolaz27 said:
Received my letter from CIC today, April 21, 2015.... it is dated March 23, 2015. (snail mail?? :eek:)
Rossei, I updated the sheet!

tks
Leolaz27
Received mine on apr 20th-dated mar 23rd. Can you please update the sheet. Thanks in advance

YogMys

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd April 2013
AOR Received.
19th April 2013
File Transfer...
24th April 2013
Med's Done....
25th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
21st May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
25th Oct 2013 (in-process since 4th Oct n Decision made on 28th Oct)
LANDED..........
12th Nov 2013
Hi

my frIend applied for parents visa on Jan 9, 2015 n application received on Jan 11, 2015. she applied from Quebec. she receivd email from CIC that her application is rejected as she applied after prescribed time. she even stated $950 is deducted from bank account. I would like to know the cut of time for 5000 applications.
Looking forward to hear :) :) :)

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YogMys said:
Hi

my frIend applied for parents visa on Jan 9, 2015 n application received on Jan 11, 2015. she applied from Quebec. she receivd email from CIC that her application is rejected as she applied after prescribed time. she even stated $950 is deducted from bank account. I would like to know the cut of time for 5000 applications.
Looking forward to hear :) :) :)
Jan 5th at around 12 PM.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
startupphase said:
Hi

Is marriage registration of parents compulsary............!!!!

Thanks in advance
yes CIC wants to see marriage certificate for parental files.
It shows details of both parents which is proof of relationship/marriage

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick update:

Even though I was among the first applicants who got their CC charged and eCAS activated, I did not get the email. So last week, I finally decided to call CIC and ask them why I have not received the email AOR. The rep asked me some security questions and put me on hold. It was a pretty long hold, I wanted to hang up a few times but decided to wait on the line; I think I easily waited 10-15 minutes on hold. After that, the rep came back and apologized for the long wait, and told me that it is weird that they haven't sent me the email AOR yet and he just contacted them and I should receive an email from them soon.

Finally, I received my email AOR this morning, the topic of the email is "RE: IMM_Correspondence_Not_Received". I think this shows that the rep actually contacted them and raised this concern and that is the reply to that concern that was sent to me as well. The email says my application was accepted within the 5000 cap and it has my application number as well.

So my advice to anyone who has 1- their CC charged, 2- haven't received the email AOR, is to call CIC and let them know so they can act on their file.

manny51

Nov 9, 2014
OP_POP said:
Just a quick update:

Even though I was among the first applicants who got their CC charged and eCAS activated, I did not get the email. So last week, I finally decided to call CIC and ask them why I have not received the email AOR. The rep asked me some security questions and put me on hold. It was a pretty long hold, I wanted to hang up a few times but decided to wait on the line; I think I easily waited 10-15 minutes on hold. After that, the rep came back and apologized for the long wait, and told me that it is weird that they haven't sent me the email AOR yet and he just contacted them and I should receive an email from them soon.

Finally, I received my email AOR this morning, the topic of the email is "RE: IMM_Correspondence_Not_Received". I think this shows that the rep actually contacted them and raised this concern and that is the reply to that concern that was sent to me as well. The email says my application was accepted within the 5000 cap and it has my application number as well.

So my advice to anyone who has 1- their CC charged, 2- haven't received the email AOR, is to call CIC and let them know so they can act on their file.
Hi, I am in the same position as you were. Can you please advise the number you called and maybe give an indication of the security questions asked. Thank you for your help.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manny51 said:
Hi, I am in the same position as you were. Can you please advise the number you called and maybe give an indication of the security questions asked. Thank you for your help.
1-888-242‑2100

They ask simple questions like client ID , date of birth, etc.