+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Ayvazcarla

Dec 21, 2014
Rossei said:
This is your 1st official AOR (Acknowledge of Receipt). Later on, CIC may ask for current year's NOA, PCC or anything else and you submit them accordingly. They will issue you another AOR verifying that they have received what they require.
If they ask for the current years noa it has to be the same amount?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ayvazcarla said:
If they ask for the current years noa it has to be the same amount?
Amount for every year increases. For year 2014, amount will be disclosed in around April/May 2015. Should not be a problem as increase is only of 1-2 k CAD. But people be careful of new income split tax benefit, especially if you are not showing your spouse as cosigner.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
amican15 said:
I have provided CIC with my UCI, but on the AOR letter next to my name there is a blank.

And I can't still access my account.

Anybody else in the same situation?
steelcase said:
Hi, itried using UCI and Application number but neither work yet. :(

I guess everyone here who received AOR recently can see this written in their email:

Your application has been accepted as one of the 5,000 applications for the 2015 intake year. Please note that you will be notified at a later date once your application is fully entered into Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) case processing system

Once your application is in process at our office, you may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number or your application file number located at the top left of this correspondence to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and select “My Application” to check your application status.

It seems to me that none of the 2015 PGP files are into the system yet.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jhutti said:
Amount for every year increases. For year 2014, amount will be disclosed in around April/May 2015. Should not be a problem as increase is only of 1-2 k CAD. But people be careful of new income split tax benefit, especially if you are not showing your spouse as cosigner.
Income splitting has no effect on your ability to sponsor parents, with or without a co-signer. Income is not transferred. It is a deduction much like RRSP deductions are made. The total income on line 150 remains the same.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Income splitting has no effect on your ability to sponsor parents, with or without a co-signer. Income is not transferred. It is a deduction much like RRSP deductions are made. The total income on line 150 remains the same.
if this is true that I am happy to listen to this news. But I will double check with my accountant while filing taxes.

With CAD losing 15-20% value in last few months. The CPI(consumer price index) is expected to increase by summer a lot. Means food, cloths etc’s cost will increase quite a bit as everything is imported. Do you think the MNI+30% value will increase significantly in future, I mean instead of assuming 1-2K CAD per year increase, can it goes up by 5-6 k CAD per year?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
azeem.pasha said:
Hi guys,

AOR received on March 22nd, 2015. Please update the spread sheet.

Thanks.
TO EVERYONE

PLEASE, USE 'NEW ENTRY' SHEET ON GOOGLE SS IN ORDER TO UPDATE YOUR PGP APPLICATION STATUS.

Otherwise, it's pretty time-consuming for me to go through each post and look for any update.

THANKS

kwaheed

Aug 30, 2012
Sent application on 31st December, 2015 via Canada Post.
Application delivered on 2nd Jan, 2015 by 11:00 am
CC charged 14th Jan, 2015
No AOR as of yet. I am not sure what email address CIC will use. Is it the one that is on my application or the one that they have against my profile when I applied for my Citizenship as they are different.

Also not sure if CIC can reject my application after taking processing fee. I have not had any communication from CIC so a bit worried

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
i've been playing around on the CIC status page. and here's what i found out...

if you select UCI as ID type, enter your own (sponsor's) information in the dropdown menu below.

if you didn't provide UCI, then select Application Number (on AOR) as ID type, but enter your parent's information instead of yours.

i tried both ways and logged in with no issue.
one showing my name, and status "received". the other one showing my mom's name, and status "received"

for your reference :)

Sam2015

Mar 18, 2015
I am on the same boat to you. neither get the application returned nor the CC charged.

Anyone else in this status please?

513263337 said:
Anyone like me who still haven't had his application returned nor credit card charged?

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
741953 said:
i've been playing around on the CIC status page. and here's what i found out...

if you select UCI as ID type, enter your own (sponsor's) information in the dropdown menu below.

if you didn't provide UCI, then select Application Number (on AOR) as ID type, but enter your parent's information instead of yours.

i tried both ways and logged in with no issue.
one showing my name, and status "received". the other one showing my mom's name, and status "received"

for your reference :)

I tried using UCI and using Application with different names, but so far nothing yet.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Re: Google SS

FYI:

Those successful applicants who paid by alternate method (NOT credit card) and don't know exactly when CIC charged/cashed their payment, have been given an arbitrary payment charge date of 30-Jan-2015. This is for sorting purpose in our Google SS.