+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

UVW01

Feb 6, 2015
thinktriplets said:
My point is: those packages delivered to Speck with CP (Xpresstpost or Priority with Signature required ) on Jan 5 did not get their CC charged yet. Some folks have sent with Xpresspost + signature required to the PO box and got their package delivered either on Jan 2 or Jan 5 (like yourself) and got their CC charged.
OK, I see. It's weird. How did CIC deal with the applications (Canada Post) sent to Speck? Will those applications be re-delivered from Speck to PO Box?

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
UVW01 said:
OK, I see. It's weird. How did CIC deal with the applications (Canada Post) sent to Speck? Will those applications be re-delivered from Speck to PO Box?
I have no idea what the CIC internal procedure is. I think the applications end up being sent to the Case Processing Centre, same as the ones received from FedEx, UPS, Puro and other courier services -but not as fast, it seems...

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
I'm also the one who got charged by CIC. My package was delivered by Canada Post on Jan 5th but I don't know what time it was delivered. The online is still now showing 'out for delivery' by 11:00 AM. So I think it was delivered around 1:00 PM.

evan2015 said:
I am another one that messed up by Canada Post. It was supposed to be delivered by Jan 2nd but delayed to Jan 5th or later. The online status is still showing 'out for delivery'. I really doubt whether Canada post made it by Jan 5th as they claimed since there is no signature, nothing. In the early post, one guy said he got charged for Jan 6th. If that is correct, Canada Post was lying as there is no single charge from the Canada Post Jan 5th batch yet. The driver may *censored word*ed up more than they claimed. Anyway we can fight them? Hate Canada Post so much.

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Adrielle said:
I'm also the one who got charged by CIC. My package was delivered by Canada Post on Jan 5th but I don't know what time it was delivered. The online is still now showing 'out for delivery' by 11:00 AM. So I think it was delivered around 1:00 PM.
At what date did you CC get charged please?

Ccie18614

Jan 26, 2015
JL2015 said:
Just a question, I am prepared to re-submit my application in Jan 2016. Which courier company to you recommend? I know I would never go to Canada Post anymore. Which company, which service option, what strategy do you have? I wanted to make my package arrive the first thing in the morning when the CIC starts receiving files. I regreted about not doing enough research about courier companies before sending out my application. I didn't think it was going to be that bad given that my friend made it when her application arrived on Jan. 18th last year.
I'd like to suggest HappyRoad Express, here is the info:
115 Torbay Road, Unit B5
Markham, ON, L3R 2M9
Tel:905-479-6699
They are the first courier who delivered the apps to CIC-M. I dropped off Jan 1st about 10:30AM to their Markham office and they told me that they will wait out of CIC building Jan 1st 11:00PM to make sure they are the #1 Jan 2nd morning---suggest a call before you drop off. My two apps were delivered and signed at 8:01AM and charged Jan 8/9.
Good Luck!

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
Ccie18614 said:
I'd like to suggest HappyRoad Express, here is the Info:
115 Torbay Road, Unit B5
Markham, ON, L3R 2M9
Tel:905-479-6699
They are the first courier who delivered the apps to CIC-M. I dropped off Jan 1st about 10:30AM to their Markham office and they told me that they will wait out of CIC building Jan 1st 11:00PM to make sure they are the #1 Jan 2nd morning---suggest a call before you drop off. My two apps were delivered and signed at 8:01AM and charged Jan 8/9.
Good Luck!
Wow! I can simply imagine that many curriers will wait before 8am next year and CAP will be reached within 1 or 2 hours. As long as I live in Vancouver, no hope for next year neither. It gotta be changed.....

Ccie18614

Jan 26, 2015
Teddy Chung said:
Wow! I can simply imagine that many curriers will wait before 8am next year and CAP will be reached within 1 or 2 hours. As long as I live in Vancouver, no hope for next year neither. It gotta be changed.....
You can Fexdex to them and they ask them to deliver...

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teddy Chung said:
I used FedEx from Vancouver, delivered at 9:46 on Jan 2nd.

People from West has the same chance as people from east. You should just plan it better.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
qqq2015 said:
Checked in with my bank today on the status of my certified cheque.... not cashed yet :(
In the spread sheet you indicated method of payment as credit card? Was yours delivered on Jan 2 but no payment processed? If you haven't received the returned envelope, I can only think CIC is not done with payment yet.

NGhabsem

Jan 29, 2015
Immigration program for parents ‘discriminatory,’ Federal Court of Appeal rules
An Ottawa man has won a partial victory against the federal government over what he alleges as a discriminatory sponsorship program for parents.

"An appeal court has found that the federal government discriminates against parents and grandparents by delaying their immigration processing."

“The explanations provided by CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) confirm that it was differentiating adversely based on family status by treating sponsorship applications for parents more slowly than sponsorship applications for spouses and children,” wrote Justice Wyman W. Webb on behalf of the three-member panel. “As a result, CIC was carrying on a discriminatory practice.”

thestar.com/news/canada/2015/02/06/immigration-program-for-parents-discriminatory-federal-court-of-appeal-rules.html

qqq2015

Jan 3, 2015
inLinE6 said:
In the spread sheet you indicated method of payment as credit card? Was yours delivered on Jan 2 but no payment processed? If you haven't received the returned envelope, I can only think CIC is not done with payment yet.
The PMT method for my application on the spreadsheet is marked as certified cheque. My app was delivered at noon on Jan 2. All I want at this point is to know if it is accepted.Did CIC start returning the applications?

UVW01

Feb 6, 2015
qqq2015 said:
The PMT method for my application on the spreadsheet is marked as certified cheque. My app was delivered at noon on Jan 2. All I want at this point is to know if it is accepted.Did CIC start returning the applications?
I think all the Jan.2 complete applications without significant errors have been accepted and charged.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Adrielle said:
which address did you send to? the PO box or the Speck address with suite number? My package showed "out for delivery" around 11am as well. But my credit card hasnt been charged yet