+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nikary said:
Same situation. My kids are excited too, for them to come here and by the time they come, kids will be moved out. Hopefully, it's not too late by the time they immigration.
For me kids growing up and moving out is secondary...

I hope by the time my parents have a PR, that they are still alive to come here so i can take care of them, the reality is that our parents are aging and they need us now :-[

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Jacaranda said:

I hope by the time my parents have a PR, that they are still alive to come here so i can take care of them, the reality is that our parents are aging and they need us now :-[
That's so true they need us now. CIC needs to come up with a better plan for parents immigration.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Jacaranda said:

Exactly!

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
JL2015 said:
When did CIC receive your package? If you mailed out on Dec. 30th, it should arrive on Jan. 2nd. I was also screwed by Canada Post. I called several people they said that if I sent on Dec. 31st, the package would arrive on Jan. 2nd. Mine arrived Jan. 5th 11:24am.

Don't lose hope yet. What if they are still accepting applications? I am still hopeful until I receive the returned package.

Does it take 1 or 2 months for CIC to return the packages?
expect it returned in April if rejected

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
expect it returned in April if rejected
Last year my application was opened on Jan 13 and i received it back (rejected) in Feb itself.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
JL2015 said:
When did CIC receive your package? If you mailed out on Dec. 30th, it should arrive on Jan. 2nd. I was also screwed by Canada Post. I called several people they said that if I sent on Dec. 31st, the package would arrive on Jan. 2nd. Mine arrived Jan. 5th 11:24am.

Don't lose hope yet. What if they are still accepting applications? I am still hopeful until I receive the returned package.

Does it take 1 or 2 months for CIC to return the packages?
You were right. I actually mailed out on Dec 31. The Canada Post employee told me If I mail out on 30, it'll be there on 31 (which is bad). If I mail out on 31, it's guaranteed to be there on Jan 2. That's what I did. And the girl even told me, I have to make sure to mail my package before noon on 31. Because the cutoff time on New Year eve is 12pm. That's what I did. But it turned out that no truck ever came at all on that day.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
ak_indi said:
Last year my application was opened on Jan 13 and i received it back (rejected) in Feb itself.
I mean those not opened ones. CIC will enclose a letter in your package, basically saying rejected because of 5000 cap reached.
Yours was not in this kind return.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
I mean those not opened ones. CIC will enclose a letter in your package, basically saying rejected because of 5000 cap reached.
Yours was not in this kind return.
That makes sense...

float

Jan 23, 2015
There must be something going on in CIC since no credit charge happens this week, not a single one?! This is definitely not a good sign.

quinnman

Star Member
May 14, 2013
wangshd said:
does anybody know the 2014 thread?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/when-your-parent-sponsorship-2014-application-reached-cpcm-update-here-t179188.780.html

Ma.

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
nikary said:
That's so true they need us now. CIC needs to come up with a better plan for parents immigration.
i agree with that because children cant go back to their home country anymore for various reasons like work, family, etc. when can they be united with their parents? CIC should be very considerate on that thing coz if not they're seemed to be the reason for most family not united til their parents died. time is precious.

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
Hopefully this makes CIC change their current stance.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/02/06/immigration-program-for-parents-discriminatory-federal-court-of-appeal-rules.html

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
Leolaz27 said:
I am shocked at the thought that now that my cc has been charged (application received) it could still take another 4-5 years for sponsorship to be approved
See article in the Toronto Star today http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/02/06/immigration-program-for-parents-discriminatory-federal-court-of-appeal-rules.html. Hopefully this changes CIC's strategy to our benefit.