+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Re: Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] is missing

taniak.artdesign said:
Unfortunately my application came back - [IMM 0008DEP] is missing.

"This form must be completed by:

You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependents not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)."

I am sponsoring just my mother. No additional dependents. We are 3 people in Canada : myself, my husband and my 12 years old son.

I wrote on the document check list that its not applicable. That's why my application came back.

Please help me what should i do for next time and where is my mistake.

Thank you
Hi Sorry to hear this,
Just a basic or might be a stupid question before you raise concern with your MP as in IMM008, Principal applicant name is your mother's name.
If yes then there your file is rejected by mistake and you can raise the concern.

vividind

Star Member
Dec 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
02/25/2015
AndreyU said:
Completely agree with you. I just posted it as a proof where cic says that this form is not applicable when you listed all dependents in the main IMM0008 form. based on this guidance from cic website i didn't include any IMM0008DEP form.
I did not include IM0008DEP and my CC was charged. I agree with other members that CIC made a mistake on your application.

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015

ak_indi said:
Woooohooo...Finally the first hurdle crossed...CC just charged...Fedex jan 02 11:33am delivery time...
Now the wait for next activity starts.
I pray for everyone waiting.
congrats hopefully mine gets charged too. Finger crossed !

float

Jan 23, 2015
tjd said:
Some Optimistic Analysis.
Assumptions:
480 min per day / assembly line (consider 100% efficiency. all minutes are available)
Multiple CIC agents at application verification level (bottleneck operation)
Cycle Time to process 1 application in it's entirety (consider an assembly line) = 3 minutes

My estimate: 3 minutes per application.
480 / 3 = 160 applications per day.
Based on the above, CIC has actually processed 160 x 19 = 3040 applications already.
Reverse Calculating the %age in sheet "Analysis1" of the Workbook. It comes out to 3.36%. MOST of the Jan 05 applicants have a great chance !!!

My estimate: 3 minutes 15 seconds per application.
480 / 3.25 = 148 applications per day.
CIC has actually processed 148 x 19 = 2812 applications already.
Reverse Calculating the %age in sheet "Analysis1" of the Workbook. It comes out to 3.62%. Now, MOST of the Jan 06 applicants have a great chance !!!

Any other guesses about "minutes required to process 1 application"?
3m15sec means there is only one agent scanning all the apps without washroom, lunch, social time break. So it will not make sense. They can easily assign 20 people on this to get per person processing time more reasonable. It might be hard to know how many agents are there in CPC-M, but it is still valid to speculate how many app CPC-M can process in one day. I will say 200~250 based on this years CC rate.
Last year it took CIC 4 weeks to complete CC, plus a few single cases even to March. But this year it seems they slows down, otherwise, with the renaming Jan2 apps no charged, should people start to worry? No, we can think maybe they are short staffed, or as the call center said there are new instructions to handle this year's apps, they are slowed down by half? So the CC will continue to mid Feb this year? Obviously there is hope, the end of CC is not this Friday, at least dragged into next week.
Revisit the above 200~250 apps per day rate, it feels the daily processing rate might be even lower than 200 this year due to some reason.

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
vividind said:
I did not include IM0008DEP and my CC was charged. I agree with other members that CIC made a mistake on your application.
I did not include IM0008DEP as it was not applicable. I did however, clearly indicate N/A on the check list. I also provided a cover letter indicating all the attached forms and supporting documents for extra measure.

My CC was charged as well.

The guide clearly states to use IM0008DEP on behalf of each dependant NOT included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008). So, if you included ALL the dependants in IMM0008, you don't need to submit IM0008DEP.

If this were the case, most applications will be incomplete!!!

You should complain. This is a clear oversight on the part of CIC.

float

Jan 23, 2015
namesnik said:
Fedex delivery time Jan 2 11:33. Credit card available credit lower by 550 today.
find a note in Chinese forum
"
作者: QUIET2009: ↑

Just checked my credit card: Jan.27, 2015 - CIC - Pending - $1,100.

My case: received and signed by Sheela, CIC, Jan.5th, 8:14 a.m., by UPS.

Hope this news could bring all cases starting Jan.5 hope.
"
Finally a confirmed Jan5 case here!

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
float said:
"

"
Thanks for sharing. That does bring much energy!

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
float said:
"

"
Ooh this is good news! Thanks!

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
billinky said:
Do you think that after 3 or 4 thousand applications being checked by CIC that they are now suffering from application burnout and starting to make stupid mistakes..

My spouses record of landing was not given to her when she arrived at the airport.
It took me about 6 months to get a replacement.
Then there was an error on the replacement IMM1000 as it had a year of landing as 210 as it should have been 2010.
That error took another 6 months to resolve.
I was told that any error on any form either caused by you or CIC is still an error that is now the applicants problem.
CIC also sent me the link to this comment, I can try to find it if someone really wants to refer to it.

Use this application if you are a permanent resident or Canadian citizen who wants to correct errors on your Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence.
These errors must have been made by Canadian immigration officials when recording your personal information.

CIC will not change personal information on these documents if the changes happened after they were issued to you. For example, CIC will not change the documents if your name changed after a marriage or divorce.

Once you have filled out this application, send it to the Operations Support Centre (OSC) in Ottawa. You can find the address in the Instruction Guide.

May 13, 2014
Hi. My case, they charged my credit card today. They received it 2nd January 2PM... Question please: how will we find out about our file number? I may move? Will they email us? Can I find out the payment reference by calling the credit card company? If we have a file number or receipt number then we can follow our case from today . Please help

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
dreamaboutcanada said:
Hi. My case, they charged my credit card today. They received it 2nd January 2PM... Question please: how will we find out about our file number? I may move? Will they email us? Can I find out the payment reference by calling the credit card company? If we have a file number or receipt number then we can follow our case from today . Please help
If your CC has been charged today, you can call CIC and ask for your client number (called UCI, stands for "unique client identifier"). They will provide it to you.

When the agent accesses a file and sees a note saying "fees have been levied" then -only then- he/she can confirm to the client that the application is within the accepted 5000.

If you decide not to call, then you will have to wait until you have received the acknowledgement of receipt letter -and this can take some time, which will indicate you client number.

[size=10pt][size=10pt]The application assessment process[/size][/size]

The Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-Mississauga) will review your sponsorship application.

If it is one of the first 5,000 applications received that are complete, including the sponsorship and processing fees, CIC will process your application. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt letter with a file number, letting you know your application will be processed.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014

ak_indi said:
Woooohooo...Finally the first hurdle crossed...CC just charged...Fedex jan 02 11:33am delivery time...
Now the wait for next activity starts.
I pray for everyone waiting.
Congratulations!!!Happy fo you.Here is the link from last year:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsFbx4lTCXEXdEZZSDBoei0zZEkxaG9CTnRMZElNM3c&usp=sharing#gid=0

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
AndreyU said:
karamba, did you include this form? if not, did you put n/a?
No, I did not include the form and left all non-applicable checkboxes blank.

screech339 said:
As unfortunately that it is CIC's mistake all along, CIC is still not going to allow the application to be added back to the cap and make it 5001 limit. The resent application will not even be opened and looked at. It would simply be left unopened and returned with note that cap has been reached.
How can you know this with certainty? I think you're making some wild guesses here. Besides, anything is better than doing nothing at all.