N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
OMG!

My mom is a widow and I don't have any other siblings. For obvious reasons, I didn't include IMM0008DEP. ???

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taniak.artdesign said:
Unfortunately my application came back - [IMM 0008DEP] is missing.

"This form must be completed by:

You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependents not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)."

I am sponsoring just my mother. No additional dependents. We are 3 people in Canada : myself, my husband and my 12 years old son.

I wrote on the document check list that its not applicable. That's why my application came back.

Please help me what should i do for next time and where is my mistake.

Thank you
I think you need to call CIC see if there is any problem. I don't think there is anything wrong with your scenario.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Re: Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] is missing

Almaty said:
Finally my CC got charged at 14:57 today! Sent with Fedex Dec 31st received Jan 2nd at 11:33 ! Thank you guys for keeping hopes high!
Congrats!!! Are you from Quebec? Did you include any financial evaluation form and option c? if not - did you put n/a on the checklist for them?

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Rossei said:
OMG!

My mom is a widow and I don't have any other siblings. For obvious reasons, I didn't include IMM0008DEP. ???

Rossei, I wouldn't sweat it. Not just yet. Every officer would look at it differently. I don't think it is a big deal, and a lot of others don't either. Sending positive vibes that your application will go through.
P.S. thanks for championing this forum. It's a great support system for a lot of people.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
taniak.artdesign said:
I am sponsoring just my mother. No additional dependents. We are 3 people in Canada : myself, my husband and my 12 years old son.

I wrote on the document check list that its not applicable. That's why my application came back.

Please help me what should i do for next time and where is my mistake.
As suggested, contact your MP ASAP. With intervention from the MP, there is a chance that CIC would accept the application again. If they still refuse, go to the media and see if you can get them to tell your story; CIC always seems to cave in when it goes public.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
OMG!

You didn't do anything wrong. CIC made a mistake in returning the application as incomplete when imm008dep is not needed unless applicable.

Otherwise we would have seen a lot of returned application last year and this year if imm0008dep is required regardless if it is applicable or not.

So don't worry. You will be fine. I think it is just an isolated case of a bad mistake on CIC's part in returning it.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
You didn't do anything wrong. CIC made a mistake in returning the application as incomplete when imm008dep is not needed unless applicable.

Otherwise we would have seen a lot of returned application last year and this year if imm0008dep is required regardless if it is applicable or not.

So don't worry. You will be fine. I think it is just an isolated case of a bad mistake on CIC's part in returning it.
100% agree

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
screech339 said:

From cic guide:

Additional Dependants/Declaration Form (IMM 0008DEP)
Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).

The questions are the same that you answered for yourself and other dependants on the IMM 0008.

Almaty

Mar 4, 2014

AndreyU said:
Congrats!!! Are you from Quebec? Did you include any financial evaluation form and option c? if not - did you put n/a on the checklist for them?
Yes, I am from Quebec. I have sent Notice of Assessment for last 3 years, no evaluation form since it is not for residents of Quebec.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010

Almaty said:
Yes, I am from Quebec. I have sent Notice of Assessment for last 3 years, no evaluation form since it is not for residents of Quebec.
There was no need to send the Notice of Assessment as Canada will not evaluate your application based on your financial situation. That will be handled by Quebec after you get the preliminary approval from Canada. And for Quebec, you only need to show sufficient income for last year not last 3 years.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
AndreyU said:
From cic guide:

Additional Dependants/Declaration Form (IMM 0008DEP)
Who must fill out this application form?

This form must be completed by:

You, the principal applicant, on behalf of each of your dependants not included in the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008).

The questions are the same that you answered for yourself and other dependants on the IMM 0008.
I don't understand the point you are making. It says for dependents NOT included in IMM0008 forms. So if you lists all your dependents in IMM0008, then IMM0008DEP is not applicable or needed.

Almaty

Mar 4, 2014

sylvia27 said:
There was no need to send the Notice of Assessment as Canada will not evaluate your application based on your financial situation. That will be handled by Quebec after you get the preliminary approval from Canada. And for Quebec, you only need to show sufficient income for last year not last 3 years.
My understanding is that one need to meet governmental and provincial financial requirements to qualify as a sponsor, which come to the 3 years of sufficient income required by the Government of Canada despite of the province of your residence.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
screech339 said:
I don't understand the point you are making. It says for dependents NOT included in IMM0008 forms. So if you lists all your dependents in IMM0008, then IMM0008DEP is not applicable or needed.
Completely agree with you. I just posted it as a proof where cic says that this form is not applicable when you listed all dependents in the main IMM0008 form. based on this guidance from cic website i didn't include any IMM0008DEP form.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010

Almaty said:
My understanding is that one need to meet governmental and provincial financial requirements to qualify as a sponsor, which come to the 3 years of sufficient income required by the Government of Canada despite of the province of your residence.
No, for Quebec only, they have their own rules and Canada's financial rules don't apply to quebec applicants. Canada will only assess you as Sponsor and your paretns in all other aspects except the financial one which Quebec will handle later on.