+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ibaadat said:
I sent by purolator. They did not send me confirmation email until i called them. Email received from purolator at 4:46pm. Time delivered 13:29 signed by some Stephanie. I am going crazy here checking my application and cc. I called CIC so many times. they dont even go in system to check and outright say we dont have any info on parents app yet.
they first gave some info. now processing center shut them up. this proves that something is wrong in the way they handle papers. probably their system is updated weekly, so they might be angry because you call every day and they record every call.

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
I want to ask all morning purolator delivery people. I called purolator and they told me that there was long waiting in the morning but afternoon deliveries were smooth and there was no waiting. Did people get charged extra who sent in the morning via purolator? That will confirm that the time they delivered the package is the correct time they are reporting to me.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kevinsouza said:
Screech, would you think the same about my case? My application was part of the Purolator batch that go there at "8.45am". It has been assessed complete, but I paid by certified cheque My partners application was in the same batch, and she got CC charged so did most others in the Purolator batch.

Thoughts?
If your partner's cc got charged and assuming yours was in front of your partners or behind, it can be a safe assumption that yours got accepted as well. Like I said "a safe assumption". I can only assume this until you get confirmation from bank that it actually got deposited in CiC's account.

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whooooooooooooooooooh

Hi All,

I am that 10:47 AM Jan 2nd batch of applicants. My Credit card available amount has gone down by CIC fees ( $1100). Though i don't see that posted yet, I feel happy that hopefully I made it.

I also see other UPS 10:47 Jan 2nd applicants responding that their CCs are charged. Feeling good now.

I think we have to wait and watch .....

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Ibaadat said:
I sent by purolator. They did not send me confirmation email until i called them. Email received from purolator at 4:46pm. Time delivered 13:29 signed by some Stephanie. I am going crazy here checking my application and cc. I called CIC so many times. they dont even go in system to check and outright say we dont have any info on parents app yet.
Did you give your UCI number? Thats how they track the application.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ibaadat said:
I want to ask all morning purolator delivery people. I called purolator and they told me that there was long waiting in the morning but afternoon deliveries were smooth and there was no waiting. Did people get charged extra who sent in the morning via purolator? That will confirm that the time they delivered the package is the correct time they are reporting to me.
For morning deliveries time is wrong. of course they charged maximum rate for 9AM service. and put wrong time on confirmation so that people didn't ask for refund. i am not sure about afternoon...

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Whooooooooooooooooooh

Hi All,

I am that 10:47 AM Jan 2nd batch of applicants. My Credit card available amount has gone down by CIC fees ( $1100). Though i don't see that posted yet, I feel happy that hopefully I made it.

I also see other UPS 10:47 Jan 2nd applicants responding that their CCs are charged. Feeling good now.

I think we have to wait and watch .....
Congratulations!!

pjying

Jan 19, 2015
For those whose app was delivered on Jan 2 and 5, I think the reason why CIC agents do not tell if your app is complete is because they are not allowed at the moment to talk about anything about the status of app, as they received too many calls these days. What we can do is either keep calling to see if a "kind-hearted" agent will help or wait and see.

CIC received my app on Jan 2 11:33am by FedEx. No cc charge yet.

After reading some posts about the process time, what frustrates me most now is the LONG wait time. My parents are in their 70's....

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AndreyU said:
For morning deliveries time is wrong. of course they charged maximum rate for 9AM service. and put wrong time on confirmation so that people didn't ask for refund. i am not sure about afternoon...
I have not seen my CC account as many times in the past 7 years as i have seen in past 7 days. Now its so into my second nature that once (hopefully) my CC is charged, i would miss looking into my CC account... ;). But i do want it to happen sooner than later. And for all of us.
I m in Jan 02 Fedex 11:33 class...

ss85

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
ak_indi said:
I have not seen my CC account as many times in the past 7 years as i have seen in past 7 days. Now its so into my second nature that once (hopefully) my CC is charged, i would miss looking into my CC account... ;). But i do want it to happen sooner than later. And for all of us.
I m in Jan 02 Fedex 11:33 class...
When was just charged? Yesterday or today? Congrats man. Happy for you. Mine didn't charge yet.

sdzbwxp

Jan 21, 2015
screech339 said:
Your application can be completed but it doesn't mean you are in the cap until you get a CC charge. There has been cases applications were returned despite being complete but couldn't get credit card charge to go through.

So unless you used a certified cheque and able to confirm with bank that it has been deposited will you know for sure that you are in the cap.
I was told that my file is in the "complete" pool. The way I look at it is that they probably open packages to verify the completeness, and put the complete ones in a pile. They will stop receiving new applications once they get 5000 complete ones. They may put more than 5000 in the complete pile in case some payment can't go through. Unless you are in the "extra, just incase" ones, as long as your payment can go through, you are relatively safe. they probably will continue to process payment in the coming weeks. I hope my CC get charged soon.

Cyberfunk

Jan 22, 2015
My package arrived at CIC at 2:35PM Jan 2 via Purolator same day service. My cc charge got posted this morning, and the charge was made on 20th.

Good luck everyone!

gupta.rk

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johanna19782002 said:
Hi Gupta.rk!

Even they confirmed you that yours is a complete application, Have been your credit card charged or your certified cheque cashed? . My question is because for your time my app should be close than the yours ( arrived January 5th by 11 am, right?)

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Johanna
when i called CIC ..yes they confirmed that there is note in your file no that we received your file on 5th Jan,2015 and it is a complete application. I have given my CC for payment

Nkunjur

Nov 4, 2014
Just updated the excel sheet.
My user name is NKunjur
Date application mailed: Dec 31st, 4 pm (paid extra for Jan 2nd, 9 am delivery)
Date application was delivered: Jan 2nd, 8.45 am (though in reality it was around noon, due to the long line up)
Courier used: Purolator
Authorized payment on my Credit Card showed up: Jan 19th
Transaction payment was completed on : Jan 21st

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss85 said:
When was just charged? Yesterday or today? Congrats man. Happy for you. Mine didn't charge yet.
No, my CC has not yet been charged, i was just speculating with a satire on my poor situation imagining what would happen when it will be charged....