Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I came to work on Sat morning and well I hear this great news. Only 27 forum members made it to first 5000. That's only 0.54%. Hard to believe. And I'm still updating the spreadsheet ???. Like many, I don't know how I am going to share this with my mom who doesn't have a husband or any other children. Fortunately, she is with me on Super Visa which is expiring in 2 years.

But I think some, if not all, Jan 2 applicants will still see their CC charged in next couple of days. Congrats to all who made it to first 5000 and for the rest, better luck next time.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Rossei said:
I came to work on Sat morning and well I hear this great news. Only 27 forum members made it to first 5000. That's only 0.54%. Hard to believe. And I'm still updating the spreadsheet ???. Like many, I don't know how I am going to share this with my mom who doesn't have a husband or any other children. Fortunately, she is with me on Super Visa which is expiring in 2 years.

But I think some, if not all, Jan 2 applicants will still see their CC charged in next couple of days. Congrats to all who made it to first 5000 and for the rest, better luck next time.
I'm so depressed after hearing this news yesterday. Trying to stay positive but it's back to how i originally thought, complete chaos on the first day and a total lottery. Now thinking we'll just have to go the Supervisa route. We're like you Rossei - just one mother with no husband or other children in our home country........it seems so unfair. Can you tell me Rossei, when they are on Supervisa and have medical insurance, can they go to the doctor and follow up normal things?.....say their hip is giving them problems and needs following up or anything like that?.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
I'm so depressed after hearing this news yesterday. Trying to stay positive but it's back to how i originally thought, complete chaos on the first day and a total lottery. Now thinking we'll just have to go the Supervisa route. We're like you Rossei - just one mother with no husband or other children in our home country........it seems so unfair. Can you tell me Rossei, when they are on Supervisa and have medical insurance, can they go to the doctor and follow up normal things?.....say their hip is giving them problems and needs following up or anything like that?.
Medical needs is one of the prime reasons I want immigration for my mom. I don't think she can do normal/routine check up under a SuperVisa insurance. Medical insurance for any kind of visitor is only meant for emergency use. And I asked around, you have to pay from your pocket for any normal check up.

My mom has come here only for 2.5 months now. We did not see any doctors yet for her. My wife is a doctor (IMG) herself and she monitors my mom's medical conditions. But pretty soon, we will contact our family doctor re: my mom and see what can be done.

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
Wait till we find out why our applications weren't accepted- mine would be that the phone number on my application and the bank didn't match which they don't even ask for on the payment sheet otherwise I would have provided them with the different phone number- so frustrating! They didn't even try to charge my card- it would have gone through!

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Rossei said:

I'm sorry to hear that...
Just like you, I'm also a single child sponsoring my mom (my dad passed away). She is also here with me now on Super Visa.
Luckily we made it in this year. But I can totally feel the urge and disappointment you're having.
Anyway, all the best. Good luck and don't give up! ;D

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
I just checked and my available credit is reduced by 1100. I used purolator and my application was submitted at 8:45 AM on Jan 2 (atleast that's what purolator says). Good luck to every one

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
ElenaRu said:
Look what I found... Its for 2014 PGP

topic WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE... page 36 (I cannot post the link)
Our application was received at 1:17pm on January 21st. and CC is charged on March 25th. Seems like we made it to the quota!!!
It's weird, my application was received same time last year but was returned to me on April 20...

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnastasiaU said:
Super visa insurance covers only emergency conditions. And the insurance companies are such frauds - they will try to squeeze every dollar out of you and try to reduce as much as they can pay even for emergency conditions.

Rossei - dont worry, your mother can always keep getting her super visa renewed. The only drawbacks are that she will have to do a medical every time when she applies (next time she will get 10 years if she has a new passport) and she will have to get super visa insurance which is quite expensive.

Almaty

Mar 4, 2014
ak_indi said:
it is indeed hard to understand what i did wrong when my Cc not charged inspite of app received at 11:33 on Jan 02. Does it mean they received complete 5000 applucations in just 2.5 hours or say just 9000 seconds. Just unbelivable.....
Ak_indi I am exactly in the same position, app delivered at 11:33 on Jan 2nd, CC not charged. It is hard to believe that the program is complete by 2 hours! Please keep me posting if there is any news. Thanks.

Almaty

Mar 4, 2014
AndreyU said:
Just called cic call center (i was surprised they still work). the agent said that if you want to get information of when exactly the package was delivered and how cic manages that - check tracking from your courier, and that cc charges can take several months to complete for all 5,000 applications, and that not being charged yet doesn't mean the application is not in the cap. basically, nothing very informative....

btw, i noticed that cic didn't even put a date on its today's message, but it says that they have 5,000 COMPLETE applications.

we all have to go to our MPs, request the details of how the acceptance of applications was organized - timestamps etc. if the quota is so ridiculously small - it has to be EXTREMELY transparent how it is being filled.
AndreyU thanks for the news, I will try to call the CIC on Monday and have second opinion. Please keep me posted.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
From last year,
2014 Parent Sponsorship Application 7000+ received, 2500 opened, 1300 returned as of Jan 21, 2014.
Forum Topic: 2014 Parent Sponsorship Application 7000+ received, 2500 opened, 1300 returned
Actual Source (Chinese): www . worldjournal . com

If the source is based on facts, CIC took around 7,500 applications thinking that 5,000 will be acceptable as of Jan 21, 2014. But when they start opening, only 50% were correct and the rest were returned. As a result, they continued accepting/opening/charging applications up to end of Jan, 2014.

For 2015, I assume they received >10,000 PGP applications on Jan 2 only. Hence, they stopped taking any new application so quick this time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AnastasiaU said:
Can you tell me Rossei, when they are on Supervisa and have medical insurance, can they go to the doctor and follow up normal things?.....say their hip is giving them problems and needs following up or anything like that?.
No - unfortunately they can't. This medical insurance only covers emergency care. They will have to pay for regular check ups and doctor visits.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
scylla said:
No - unfortunately they can't. This medical insurance only covers emergency care. They will have to pay for regular check ups and doctor visits.
I had paid around 3700$ for my parents Insurance when they were here last time on SuperVisa. Only thing you want to ensure is deductible and I had 0$ deductible insurance. I had to take my dad twice to emergency care and had been told upfront Emergency check up charges are 448$ per visit for visitors.

So I had provided all my details with Credit card and arranged a finance officer from Emergency care and provided the policy number and called Manulife Insurance company right way, it was pretty smooth and they gave me a piece of mind and told me I need to call them back if hospital is going to have a MRI.

Fortunately there was nothing wrong and everything was find and Insurance company had paid off 1100$ for two visits and normal charges for family doctor is anywhere between 40-100$ per visit. I hope this helps.

helloray

Jun 9, 2014
helloray said:
I will do tonight. BTW, My CC got charged today. But I am not leaving you guys alone. I would like to join the class action suite against Purolator if we manage to get 40-50 people.
Here is the link http :// goo.gl /CWsP0t

I am not allowed to post links, please delete the spaces to get the actual url

This for those who used Purolator. If we get 40-50 people, we can start the process.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
helloray said:
Here is the link http :// goo.gl /CWsP0t

I am not allowed to post links, please delete the spaces to get the actual url

This for those who used Purolator. If we get 40-50 people, we can start the process.
I put mine in, not sure if it saved