+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
ElenaRu said:
Look what I found... Its for 2014 PGP

topic WHEN YOUR PARENT SPONSORSHIP 2014 APPLICATION REACHED CPC-M? UPDATE HERE... page 36 (I cannot post the link)
Our application was received at 1:17pm on January 21st. and CC is charged on March 25th. Seems like we made it to the quota!!!
My application for 2014 reached on Jan 21 at 10:44am. But I did not make the cap - the returned application showed that they had started reviewing it; but it was returned (not for any mistakes, but because the limit had been reached). That is why I feel that the courier indication of time delivered cannot be used to determine if you will make the cap or not. It looks like they distribute a batch to the people reviewing and some employees are faster than others - and so an application that was delivered after your application could be make the cap before you.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
everhopeful said:
My application for 2014 reached on Jan 21 at 10:44am. But I did not make the cap - the returned application showed that they had started reviewing it; but it was returned (not for any mistakes, but because the limit had been reached). That is why I feel that the courier indication of time delivered cannot be used to determine if you will make the cap or not. It looks like they distribute a batch to the people reviewing and some employees are faster than others - and so an application that was delivered after your application could be make the cap before you.
Last year my returned application was stamped only by date. So it means CIC doesn't care about what time delivered on a specific day. It is totally like a lottery for the same day arrivals as someone mentioned earlier. One reason, I think, is some apps reach by mail and CIC would give a fair chance to mail. Because they cannot determine when the mail was delivered in the box. Not like courier.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Whoa so they just announced it today that they received 5000 complete application. I'm hopeful that my application will join the cap tho they just received it yesterday January 15 by Rizwan via Canada Post sent January 14, 2015. Good luck and all the best wishes guys.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Well... we r talking only those who had been sharged before Jan 16 got the quota... Non of Jan 5 and later are there... Not even Jan 2 delivered after 2 pm.... depressed....

nerdynurse

May 10, 2011
My application arrived on jan 2 at 13:23 my CC just got charged today So Don't give up keep checking on your CC !!! Good luck everyone !!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nerdynurse said:
My application arrived on jan 2 at 13:23 my CC just got charged today So Don't give up keep checking on your CC !!! Good luck everyone !!!
What time was it charged? You see the transaction or you see the credit decrease?

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
ohhh no, now i see my application chances are very grim after hearing the 5000 cap done.

nerdynurse

May 10, 2011
Hi everyone
Just wonder for ppl whose CC get charged does it mean their applications are all good or just mean CIC opens the applications to look through ? sounds a silly question but plz help! Thanks

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
polaroffer: is your cc charged? how can we know if our application was checked or not? is it possible that our application is also checked but not yet cc checked? I am just so depressed....I sent the application on 31st and with 9am delivery.How could I know that the purolator driver would decide not to stand in that line like others?

polaroffer said:
oh yeah!
I just called CIC and begged the agent again and again.
He finally agreed to help me to check my application.
This is what I been told,
My application was received on Jan 2nd. The application has been checked.
He didn't see anything saying my app was returned.
So It could be good news!!!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
email2kale said:
ohhh no, now i see my application chances are very grim after hearing the 5000 cap done.
On a brighter note. Congrats on your citizenship application!! Done in 7 months, 1 week eh?! And squeezed through under the old (but still current) rules. Beautiful!!

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm still feeling positive tho. Let's give each other hope. If my application will be return I can apply again next year ;) I will update you guys if they return my app or charged my CC.. Whatever is the result I'm still happy. :) Best of luck!

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhonaleen17 said:
I'm still feeling positive tho. Let's give each other hope. If my application will be return I can apply again next year ;) I will update you guys if they return my app or charged my CC.. Whatever is the result I'm still happy. :) Best of luck!
it is indeed hard to understand what i did wrong when my Cc not charged inspite of app received at 11:33 on Jan 02. Does it mean they received complete 5000 applucations in just 2.5 hours or say just 9000 seconds. Just unbelivable.....