+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I am 100% sure that it means they already have 5,000 complete applications by now (meaning you should not send any new applications). Processing of CC are not done until we keep seeing CC charges (we just saw a few people today). I am sure CC charges will continue through next week. Until we see CC charges, everyone has a chance.

Also, I don't agree with people from Western Canada has a way worse disadvantage. I actually think we all had the same chances. My speculation is that you will see all Jan 2nd applications will be processed next week no matter where they were sent from. I even think most of Jan 5th will be CC charged in 2 weeks.

Don't lose hope yet.

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
Californiacicle said:
It doesn't matter where you are. We live an hour away from Mississauga and it still didn't get there on time even when we overnighted it.
Once i tried to send it on Dec 30th from Vancouver, Canada Post says mine will be delivered on Dec 31st so I sent on Dec 31st...

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myapp2014 said:
That's the BIG question.I guess we will find out next week if CC get charged
To show some humanity they should at least tell us the date on which 5000th complete application was accepted.
Are the processing of complete application and processing of payment are 2 different things? OMG, this is Canada!
I should have known this is Canada then I would never come here in the first place.

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
heart breaking!! tearless!! speechless!!!!!
second year I missed the cap.
Cannot believe the guy delivered 1:30 behind me was charged but not me!!!!
How can I tell my mum another year to wait????

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polaroffer said:
heart breaking!! tearless!! speechless!!!!!
second year I missed the cap.
Cannot believe the guy delivered 1:30 behind me was charged but not me!!!!
How can I tell my mum another year to wait????
I cant even look into my mother's eyes now. My heart is broken!

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
The most depressing part is that is getting worse each year.
I don't think is going to be any point applying next year.
What do we have to do?Waiting from 31-st Dec.ourself in front of the building,calling the courier last minute just to come and give them the package,or we have to become even more creative???

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
If I won't make it to the cap, I will have to renew may parent's TRV.
Coming again as a tourist does not appeal to them anymore, they are still able so they want to at least work part time. I can't even ask them to stay more than 6 months, they became so bored the last time.
I hope this faster family reunification will get better.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
myapp2014 said:
The most depressing part is that is getting worse each year.
I don't think is going to be any point applying next year.
What do we have to do?Waiting from 31-st Dec.ourself in front of the building,calling the courier last minute just to come and give them the package,or we have to become even more creative???
Have someone in Mississauga start a small courier business.
Then have that person take all our applications and arrive at CIC'S door before 8am and be the first in line.
As CIC will only accept applications from a courier.

I may even do this myself.
The rumors of faked delivery times is what bothers me.

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
billinky said:
Cap has been filled.
Today Jan 16,2015

Well I guess this removes the speculation that CIC will only accept 5000 "Complete" applications.
I was allways under the opinion that 5000 will be accepted and if 4999 are incomplete then well too bad.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has now received 5,000 complete applications and the new intake into the PGP program will again pause until next year. The government will continue to move forward with the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification by reducing backlogs, improving processing times and reuniting families more quickly. For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones.
Why don't you post the link to this notice - is it possible you are looking at the Feb 2014 notice for 2014 applicants? I googled your notice and could not find any 2015 notice.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
eeeek.... Mine is in the Purolator batch at "8.45am". Went in at the same time my partners did. Her CC got charged. I paid by certified cheque. Any way to find out if mine made the cut?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
everhopeful said:
Why don't you post the link to this notice - is it possible you are looking at the Feb 2014 notice for 2014 applicants? I googled your notice and could not find any 2015 notice.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
everhopeful said:
Sorry but this happened with the announcement for applications being open in November too. I saw it the first day it went up on their site, but could not find it through Google. It's surprising that the cap got filled so early, but its true.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
billinky said:
Have someone in Mississauga start a small courier business.
Then have that person take all our applications and arrive at CIC'S door before 8am and be the first in line.
As CIC will only accept applications from a courier.

I may even do this myself.
The rumors of faked delivery times is what bothers me.
Nothing is 100%(like everything in life).
My driver suppose to be at home 7:30 am on 2 Jan.Again,last year I missed it by few hours and wanted to prevent that.
He was late and came 9 am.
We kept in thouch almost every hour-when he arrved,he called that there is a big queue.Told him to wait and finally 1:26pm he told me that just gave the package.Later on on their company web,it was updated delivered at 1:26pm.
I don't think I could of done anything different.:(
That's why I don't know next year what to do...