+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Californiacicle said:
So only those who got charged as of today got through? I mean I'm trying to hold it together here but not doing very well.

If so Canada Post screwed us over so hard and it's another year my mom has to be all alone and separated from her only child and grandchild.
My only hope is that it seems to take about one week to process the credit card charge.
So there could possibly be many applications just waiting for the credit card charges to go thru.
The spread sheet will indicate that by tracking the history of these credit card transactions.
if they stopped at a certain date/time then i guess that will be the final time slot for applications.

I was stupid and waited just to make sure about any last minute application form changes.
My mistake. :(

Teddy Chung

Feb 5, 2014
CIC website says that they received 5000 complete applications.

Very upset and frustrating.

People lives in Western Canada get huge disadvantage because of long distance to the office. We sent it out on Dec 31st using priority mail but it was delivered on Jan 5th. CIC should change their procedure.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Californiacicle said:
So only those who got charged as of today got through? I mean I'm trying to hold it together here but not doing very well.

If so Canada Post screwed us over so hard and it's another year my mom has to be all alone and separated from her only child and grandchild.
I will hate Canada Post forever!!!! :( :(

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Teddy Chung said:

People lives in Western Canada get huge disadvantage because of long distance to the office. We sent it out on Dec 31st using priority mail but it was delivered on Jan 5th. CIC should change their procedure.
It doesn't matter where you are. We live an hour away from Mississauga and it still didn't get there on time even when we overnighted it.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Teddy Chung said:

Guess were most landed immigrants settle when they arrive in Canada.

According to the Canadian 2006 Census Toronto is still the major gateway for immigrants in Canada. The census enumerated 2,320,200 Canadian immigrants in Toronto in 2006, the largest number of any metropolitan area in the nation. Between 2001 and 2006, the foreign-born population grew by 14.1%, compared to 4.6% for the Canadian-born population.

Taaa Daaa. :mad:

According to the spreadsheet the majority of accepted and complete applications were from Ontario.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
It doesn't make sense.
Just looked the google sheet from last year-from 55 people,there are aproximatelly 40 CC charged.
This year from over 100,only 25 people?
Everyone expected the gap to be filled much much sooner(few days),but guys this is only few hours????
My only hope is that there are still applications waiting for CC charge..
Last year I missed the gap by few hours and this year again :'(
It's though :(

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Californiacicle said:
It doesn't matter where you are. We live an hour away from Mississauga and it still didn't get there on time even when we overnighted it.
Same here, living in Brampton. Use 9 AM delivery but all in vain.. Lets hope for the best. Better luck next time..

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
myapp2014 said:
It doesn't make sense.
Just looked the google sheet from last year-from 55 people,there are aproximatelly 40 CC charged.
Everyone expected the gap to be filled much much sooner(few days),but guys this is only few hours????
I was telling my wife that we should have traveled to Ontario.
And then watch the package being delivered.
The talk about the drivers falsifying the delivery times was disturbing. :mad:

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
helloray said:
I will create a spreadsheet, please start submitting your names, for now aliases are fine. Once we have 40-50 people, we can start talking to lawyer with a contingency fee basis. I have a legal insurance, I can speak with a lawyer for free. Let me explore this.
helloray, did you create a spreadsheet?

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Guys, there's still hope. Maybe they just opened up and went through the files made up the 5000 cap (Let's assume those are Jan 2/Jan 5/Jan 6 applications). Then those are just waiting for CC to be processed.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myapp2014 said:
It doesn't make sense.
By complete, did they mean a complete application with credit card payment successfully charged or just a complete set of application.
I am so done. This is terrible. Feeling can only be expressed by tearssssss

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
ya61x said:
Guys, there's still hope. Maybe they just opened up and went through the files made up the 5000 cap (Let's assume those are Jan 2/Jan 5/Jan 6 applications). Then those are just waiting for CC to be processed.
That is my only hope.
I guess after about 7 to 10 days of checking my credit card transactions I will find out.
If nothing has happened by then or If there are no new updates to the Jan 5th spreadsheet applications then I will know.
Cheers everyone.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
ya61x said:
Maybe.
I want to think that they just released that advisory so that they will no longer receive more applications seeing that there are already tons from the past two weeks.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
civic said:
By complete, did they mean a complete application with credit card payment successfully charged or just a complete set of application.
I am so done. This is terrible. Feeling can only be expressed by tearssssss
That's the BIG question.I guess we will find out next week if CC get charged