+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

SimplyB

Jan 16, 2015
Hi All,

I have a question for the form IMM5768. would appreciate if someone can guide me through the process.

3. B) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect.
Question: I sponsored my dependant children May 2008 and now living in canada as canadian citizen ages 19 and 21. Is this still included as in effect?

thanks and more qs to come ;)

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajapr17 said:
Hi,
Could you please confirm if I am using any courier - AAA express/Plurolator, I need to send the documents to
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

I am planning to send by Monday and I live Mississauga, could you please suggest which courier service is good for this.
FedEx/Plurolater/AAA express or if anything else ?

Could you please confirm at the earliest.
The address is accurate but I think you need to mark PGP (Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship) on your envelop so they know where it should go.
Good luck!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rajapr17 said:
Hi,
Could you please confirm if I am using any courier - AAA express/Plurolator, I need to send the documents to
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

I am planning to send by Monday and I live Mississauga, could you please suggest which courier service is good for this.
FedEx/Plurolater/AAA express or if anything else ?

Could you please confirm at the earliest.
I don't think it matters which courier you use at this point. The long line up of couriers waiting outside CIC-M office for PGP drop off is probably long gone now.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
email2kale said:
My application for PGP reached on 8th January. Does anyone have any idea of current status? Will my application be able to make it or not?
Cc charge is the only indication for us...but the application may have been already accepted and cc charge is the next step ... Fingers crossed ... Good luck to everyone !

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
thankx to everyone to share your stories. We decided to call my husband`s bank tomorrow and update all adresses and phone numbers to be sure this will not be a problem when CIC charhe credit card.

Almaty

Mar 4, 2014
ak_indi said:
My app delivered by Fedex Jan 02 11:33am...CC not charged yet...but I see apps delivered after noon on Jan 02 by Fedex & other charged....getting very anxious now. I missed the bus last year, cannot see it pass me again. I wish CIC had given the actual delivery time stamps to courier guys instead of courier companies deciding on their own.
My application also delivered by the Fedex on Jan 02 at 11:33 CC still not charged yet. Please keep me posted of any change. Thanks in advance.

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Cap has been filled.
Today Jan 16,2015

Well I guess this removes the speculation that CIC will only accept 5000 "Complete" applications.
I was allways under the opinion that 5000 will be accepted and if 4999 are incomplete then well too bad.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has now received 5,000 complete applications and the new intake into the PGP program will again pause until next year. The government will continue to move forward with the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification by reducing backlogs, improving processing times and reuniting families more quickly. For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
billinky said:
Cap has been filled.
Today Jan 16,2015

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has now received 5,000 complete applications and the new intake into the PGP program will again pause until next year. The government will continue to move forward with the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification by reducing backlogs, improving processing times and reuniting families more quickly. For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones.
Wait, so basically the cap was filled within one day!?!

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Californiacicle said:
Wait, so basically the cap was filled within one day!?!

Seems that way.
I assume that 5000 "Complete" applications were received.??
But I still believe that many will still be filtered out.

I guess a scan of the bar code was sufficient.
The checking of the applications further will probably reveal more "errors" for CIC to ponder on.

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
So only those who got charged as of today got through? I mean I'm trying to hold it together here but not doing very well.

If so Canada Post screwed us over so hard and it's another year my mom has to be all alone and separated from her only child and grandchild.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
billinky said:
Cap has been filled.
Today Jan 16,2015

Well I guess this removes the speculation that CIC will only accept 5000 "Complete" applications.
I was allways under the opinion that 5000 will be accepted and if 4999 are incomplete then well too bad.

Where and when was this posted?