+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
AndreyU said:
Guys, anyone from Quebec whose cc got charged by cic, did you put n/a on a checklist in front of documents we don't need to provide (e.g. financial evaluation form)?

i didn't include financial docs as they are not required for us at this stage, and just put n/a in the checklist. I start worrying that cic might overlook that this is Quebec and consider application incomplete... I asked three different cic agents about it before, but just wondering how it really works this year.
Yes I am from Quebec and I wrote on the checklist next to docs not required: "N/A Quebec applicant". My credit card was charged on January 14.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is my observation so far:

First couple of days was all for FedEx, then we had Canada Post, and now Purolator. I think this is what happened (can be wrong, so let me know what you think):

FedEx, Purolator, CanadaPost, etc. dropped the applications all within minutes of each other. So CIC received hundreds of applications from each of these couriers and put them in the same stack (i.e. FedEx applications together, Purolator applications together, etc.). As CIC know all of these are within the 5000 cap, randomly picked up FedEx stack and started processing them, then Canada Post, and from today, Purolator ones....

This makes sense to me as there is no way CIC signed for receiving each application. CIC signed once for all hundreds of application from each carrier, that is why we see for example all applications for first AM delivery for FedEx were received at 9:41.

So in my opinion, you guys should not be worried if your CC has not been charged and you used for example UPS. It is because CIC has not reached to UPS early AM applications yet.

Just my 2 cents, I hope that helps you guys nt to be super worried about this process.

Good Luck to you all.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My app delivered by Fedex Jan 02 11:33am...CC not charged yet...but I see apps delivered after noon on Jan 02 by Fedex & other charged....getting very anxious now. I missed the bus last year, cannot see it pass me again. I wish CIC had given the actual delivery time stamps to courier guys instead of courier companies deciding on their own.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
sylvia27 said:
Yes I am from Quebec and I wrote on the checklist next to docs not required: "N/A Quebec applicant". My credit card was charged on January 14.
Thanks for sharing!.. it makes me feel more confident. then i will just wait for cc to be charged...

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
OP_POP said:

First couple of days was all for FedEx, then we had Canada Post, and now Purolator. I think this is what happened (can be wrong, so let me know what you think):

FedEx, Purolator, CanadaPost, etc. dropped the applications all within minutes of each other. So CIC received hundreds of applications from each of these couriers and put them in the same stack (i.e. FedEx applications together, Purolator applications together, etc.). As CIC know all of these are within the 5000 cap, randomly picked up FedEx stack and started processing them, then Canada Post, and from today, Purolator ones....

This makes sense to me as there is no way CIC signed for receiving each application. CIC signed once for all hundreds of application from each carrier, that is why we see for example all applications for first AM delivery for FedEx were received at 9:41.

agreed

agreed

So in my opinion, you guys should not be worried if your CC has not been charged and you used for example UPS. It is because CIC has not reached to UPS early AM applications yet.

Just my 2 cents, I hope that helps you guys nt to be super worried about this process.

Good Luck to you all.

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:

Good Luck to you all.
As i mentioned earlier, I am not sure (hope) that this is the process. My app delievered Fedex Jan 02 11:33Am not charged yet. Hoping documnets are complete.

hopeinshahallah

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Police Certificates Sent Along with the Application
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
IELTS sent with application
Med's Request
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
30-04-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
along with RPRF & Biodata request / ECAS updated to "Decision Made": 14-06-2013 / Passport Sent: 14-06-2013 / Passport & COPR Received: 05-Jul-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-June-2013
LANDED..........
06-July-2013 (Fort Erie, Peace Bridge U-Turn)
Admin can you add my entry to the spreadsheet

Sent from Mississauga Purolator
Delivered on Jan 2, 2015 8:45 a.m. Mississauga (east/est), ON Shipment delivered to STEPHANIE REID at: MAIL ROOM
Credit card charged on January 14, 2015, 10:57 PM

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little star said:
General Question, how they return the package as i don't believe, we have provided any return envelope?
little star - did your cc get charged? I don't see any charges on my cc yet.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
little star said:
General Question, how they return the package as i don't believe, we have provided any return envelope?
They don't need a return envelope from you. They can use a designated courier to ship back any parcels with a note of reason attached such as the cap has been reached try again next year or Application incomplete.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:

Good Luck to you all.
Adding more to this, you guys should think about delivery batches. For example, all 9:41 FedEx should have been processed. You should only be worried if CIC has finished processing your specific delivery batch (i.e. 9:41 FedEx application) and your card has not been charged. Then that means your application was incomplete and will be returned. Unfortunately like tattakahn in this:

tattakahn said:
Just received the application package back from CIC. IMM 1344 used was from 2013. Aside from change in dependent age limit in fine prints ( which didn't apply to my application ) there was no difference in forms. Good luck to everyone whose applications got accepted..
tattakahn said:
I used FedEx, it was received on Jan 2 at 9:41 AM. I'm unable to update the sheet; Anyone that has access, if you don't mind please update my application status.
It was a technicality but oh well.. One man's loss is another man's gain..
Again, I hope this helps to calm people down a bit. I totally understand this should be super frustrating.

sensfan

Nov 25, 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm just getting worried now. I sent my application on Dec 31st through FedEx and Recd on Jan 2nd at 10.47 am. I'm seeing a lot of people getting their CC charged but myn didnt get charged yet. I called the bank too but nothing. So now I'm starting to freak a little.

Is there anyone else who sent their file in same timeline as me?

FINGERS CROSSED!! Good luck everyone

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
screech339 said:
They don't need a return envelope from you. They can use a designated courier to ship back any parcels with a note of reason attached such as the cap has been reached try again next year or Application incomplete.
CIC uses Canada Post regular mail to send back unqualified apps.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
polaroffer said:
CIC uses Canada Post regular mail to send back unqualified apps.
Not surprising. Take the cheapest cost to send the package back.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
hopeinshahallah said:
Admin can you add my entry to the spreadsheet

Sent from Mississauga Purolator
Delivered on Jan 2, 2015 8:45 a.m. Mississauga (east/est), ON Shipment delivered to STEPHANIE REID at: MAIL ROOM
Credit card charged on January 14, 2015, 10:57 PM
Added. BTW, congrats brother!

sensfan said:
Hey Guys,

I'm just getting worried now. I sent my application on Dec 31st through FedEx and Recd on Jan 2nd at 10.47 am. I'm seeing a lot of people getting their CC charged but myn didnt get charged yet. I called the bank too but nothing. So now I'm starting to freak a little.

Is there anyone else who sent their file in same timeline as me?

FINGERS CROSSED!! Good luck everyone
There are many like you. If you want to see full list, visit 2015 PGP Timeline. If you want to add yourself, use "New Entry" or let me know.