+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
helloray said:
Thanks sc2015 for your support. No update from Purolator so far...we need at least 40 - 50 people to start the class action suit so that we can maximize the damage. Guys please respond, there is no point in venting your frustration here. We need to act together so that damage can be awarded more than millions for such malpractice of big corporation.
I'm in too. It's outrageous that they should lie to us. We understand that they may not have been able to meet their service levels that day but lying is totally unacceptable.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
helloray said:
Thanks sc2015 for your support. No update from Purolator so far...we need at least 40 - 50 people to start the class action suit so that we can maximize the damage. Guys please respond, there is no point in venting your frustration here. We need to act together so that damage can be awarded more than millions for such malpractice of big corporation.
I am in. Just let me know what I should do.

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hbestluck said:
Lenium: Do you know how many times CIC tried your credit card before returning your application? CIC tried my credit card twice on Jan 13th and both declined. I've read/heard they may try for the third time but not sure Sad. I've worked with my bank to make sure this time it will go through...
Okay, CIC did try to charge my CC for the 3rd time today and it went through. So, apparently I'm safe for now. Here is my info:

FedExed on Dec 31st. Arrived at CIC Jan 2nd ~10:30AM
CIC tried to charged my CC on Jan 13th. They tried twice and both transactions declined.
CIC charged my CC for the 3rd time this morning (Jan 16th) and it went through.

Best of luck to all of you...

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Also, I have a journalist friend at CIBC.......I have let them know what's happened and they're looking into whether they pick it up as a story.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
isha94 said:
Hi Everyone,
Mine is the 8:45 Purolator Jan 2 case. MY CC just got charged. Good Luck everyone..
It seems they just started on Purolator cases.
Congratulations! Do you see it as a posted transaction? Or you just figured that out because credit available decreased? My bank usually decreases the available credit right away, and posts only successful transactions a few days later.

froster

Jan 15, 2015
me and my wife submit 2 applications via Purolator on Dec.31 and both them are received on 8:45
Just now my wife told me she got charged, finger crossed for my application now

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Before anyone spends money on a class action, I would review the following (especially the "liability of purolator" section):

https://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/legal/terms_conditions2_en.pdf

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
scylla said:
Before anyone spends money on a class action, I would review the following (especially the "liability of purolator" section):

https://www.purolator.com/assets/pdf/legal/terms_conditions2_en.pdf
That is all fine. They fail - they have to post REAL delivery time. And process a refund if they care about their clients, guarantees and reputation. It's not about them failing, it's about them faking documents. The document doen't say that Purolator may at its own discretion post time of delivery which is not actual time of delivery

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
AnastasiaU said:
Also, I have a journalist friend at CIBC.......I have let them know what's happened and they're looking into whether they pick it up as a story.
You can tell them Canada Post screwed up majorly, too.

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
Just called my bank and they confirmed that there was a failed attempt this morning because of wrong phone number they have at the bank. So frustrating... wonder if they will try again.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
winnipegger said:
Just called my bank and they confirmed that there was a failed attempt this morning because of wrong phone number they have at the bank. So frustrating... wonder if they will try again.
According to some report, they try 3 times... good luck.

myapp2014

Jan 23, 2014
My thinking on this is:eek:n 2Jan.morning the waiting time on the queue for the couriers must be around 4 hours.
Mine was picked up from Toronto 9:05 am.It takes aprox.30 min.to get to Mississauga and it was delivered 1:26pm.
The purolator courier put as delivered the time when he arrived at Mississauga(8:45am) and if he waited 4 hours to give the packages,it means it was accepted at 12:45 aproximatelly and that's why 12:45 CC start getting charged.Make sense since yesterday there were charging CC for packages delivered at 12:05...
Hopefully if not today,Monday and/or Tuesday they can finished with packages received on 2 Jan....
Good luck eveyone!

helloray

Jun 9, 2014
AndreyU said:
That is all fine. They fail - they have to post REAL delivery time. And process a refund if they care about their clients, guarantees and reputation. It's not about them failing, it's about them faking documents. The document doen't say that Purolator may at its own discretion post time of delivery which is not actual time of delivery
Agreed. The action will be against Fraud. They just deceived us - how come 100s of application gets 8:45 time stamp, assuming it takes 30sec to deliver one? They will have tough questions to answer in front of Judge. Also, the lawyers will be able to find when the driver was actually there through CCTV, Mobile Tower location etc.

helloray

Jun 9, 2014
AndreyU said:
I am in. Just let me know what I should do.
I will create a spreadsheet, please start submitting your names, for now aliases are fine. Once we have 40-50 people, we can start talking to lawyer with a contingency fee basis. I have a legal insurance, I can speak with a lawyer for free. Let me explore this.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
AndreyU said:
Congratulations! Do you see it as a posted transaction? Or you just figured that out because credit available decreased? My bank usually decreases the available credit right away, and posts only successful transactions a few days later.
Yes...I see it as a posted transaction..
there is no time though. ..I checked my online bankin account on my phone. Also the available credit is lower by $1100