+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
tattakahn said:
I used FedEx, it was received on Jan 2 at 9:41 AM. I'm unable to update the sheet; Anyone that has access, if you don't mind please update my application status.
It was a technicality but oh well.. One man's loss is another man's gain..
Sorry to hear it.. Hope you will make it next year.

shampy2009

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
pansota said:
Just want to share good new.
Sent application on Dec 31,FEDEX,received on Jan 02 at 11:31 am :D
Credit Card charged 2-hours ago,03:23 PM (EST){Got confirmed from bank}
So do not loose hopes.
Congrats! Actually I have sent 2 packages, one for my wife parents and one for myself. they got delivered via Fedex at same time and singed by Stephanie. Payments is already been charged from her CC, but for me no news yet. Holding my breath.

hbestluck

Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
Yay Thanks Mine was in the same batch as yours! But I included a certified check in my application. So I won't know if mine is through or not!

Last year my application was recieved on time, but my credit card didn't go through :( so I missed my turn!!! I decided not to risk it this year.

Lenium: Do you know how many times CIC tried your credit card before returning your application? CIC tried my credit card twice on Jan 13th and both declined. I've read/heard they may try for the third time but not sure Sad. I've worked with my bank to make sure this time it will go through...

sc2015

Jan 15, 2015
Purolator lies about their delivery time. It just happened that I have a package to be delivered today. I checked on their website saying that the package was delivered 8:55am. Then I went downstairs to pick it up and my security has 10:30am on her book. These guys lie to our face. How can they? unbelievable! Never use P again. :'(

helloray

Jun 9, 2014
Normally I don't post. But this time I am really upset - so wanted to have the opinion from those who used Purolator. This morning I called up Purolator and politely told them about faking the time stamp and warned them that they can be potentially sued for faking the time stamp. The agent took my details and paged the Depot who handled the delivery with an assurance that they will get back to me by today or tomorrow with accurate details. I will wait till tomorrow and update the board. I am seriously considering a class action suit against such malpractice. If you guys want to join, please let me know.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
helloray said:
Normally I don't post. But this time I am really upset - so wanted to have the opinion from those who used Purolator. This morning I called up Purolator and politely told them about faking the time stamp and warned them that they can be potentially sued for faking the time stamp. The agent took my details and paged the Depot who handled the delivery with an assurance that they will get back to me by today or tomorrow with accurate details. I will wait till tomorrow and update the board. I am seriously considering a class action suit against such malpractice. If you guys want to join, please let me know.

Wow. Sounded even worse than Canada Post. I hope you guys all get in the 5000 cap. Fake time stamp is totally unacceptable.

maple2015

Jan 15, 2015
I made a badly mistake: missing sponsor fee($75) in Fee Payment Form. So total payment is $1025 in my form. :( Is there something I can do for remedy???

sc2015

Jan 15, 2015
helloray said:
I am in. I have pictures to show that they actually fake the delivered time. What they do is totally unacceptable.

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Hi Folks,

I got my CC charged with CAD $550. I just saw my credit amount was 550 short but Amex hasn't updated the source of deduction yet. So, fingers crossed for now.
I had only one application which is my mom and the amount shows exactly what i put in.

If that's CIC then its a wait time for me now. Lets hope the same. :)

Verified with the call centre of amex. Yes, its the CIC who charged me.

All the best.
GKS_2012

sc2015

Jan 15, 2015
gks_2012 said:
Hi Folks,

I got my CC charged with CAD $550. I just saw my credit amount was 550 short but Amex hasn't updated the source of deduction yet. So, fingers crossed for now.
I had only one application which is my mom and the amount shows exactly what i put in.

If that's CIC then its a wait time for me now. Lets hope the same. :)

All the best.
GKS_2012

Congrats! When was yours delivered? by which courier?

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Thanks. Mine was sent on 30-Dec-2014 3:00 PM approximately (couldnt recall exact time though). Sent through FedEx, it reached there on 2-Jan-2015 12:05 PM (atleast it shows so on their site).

Wish you the luck.
GKS_2012

HelloMother

Jan 15, 2015
Hello everyone, my application was delivered on Jan 5th morning at 8:45am, and by the look of it, it might not make it to the 5000 cap? It is worrisome.
My husband and I co-signed as sponsors for my parents (mom and dad). So I should pay $1100 ($75+475_550) for application fee?
Thank you!

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
maple2015 said:
I made a badly mistake: missing sponsor fee($75) in Fee Payment Form. So total payment is $1025 in my form. :( Is there something I can do for remedy???
My sympathy... Not any remediation I can think of. Here's the instruction guide:

CIC will return your application in all of the following circumstances:

The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) is not included in your application;
Fees are not paid by certified cheque or credit card;
Payment is declined when CIC attempts to process the fees required
The credit card used for the payment of fees expires in less than nine months after the date on which you submitted your application;
The fee amount authorized on the Fee Payment Form is insufficient.

The last statement made it clear that the package will get returned. However, if I were you, I'm not ready to give up. I would call CIC immediately and attempt to fax another payment form to their office. But the chance is slim to none. I'm rooting for you but if not this year, I'm hoping you have good luck next year. It's a long wait, and 1 more year delay does not make that much difference.