Sponsoring Parents in 2015

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Rossei said:
Seems like, both the following delivered time are incorrect:

Jan 2, 2015, 08:45 AM (Purolator)

Jan 2, 2015, 10:47 AM (UPS)

The latest applicant from the forum whose CC got charged has a delivery time of 11:31 AM on Jan 2, 2015. The next in line:
elena
amit
ak_indi
This is what I got from Chinese forum
carol_guo Jan 2nd 1:30pm Purolator CC on Jan 14th

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Rossei said:
Seems like, both the following delivered time are incorrect:

Jan 2, 2015, 08:45 AM (Purolator)

Jan 2, 2015, 10:47 AM (UPS)

The latest applicant from the forum whose CC got charged has a delivery time of 11:31 AM on Jan 2, 2015. The next in line:
elena
amit
ak_indi
another one:
tuboshu0923 Jan 2nd 11:33am Fedex CC on Jan 15th

casalim

Star Member
Mar 6, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
polaroffer said:
It is wield no any transaction reported today.
Tomorrow is another day.
If we don't get it by end of tomorrow, I think CIC is in trouble.
(My guess is, CIC wasn't expecting so many packages in the first day.
They didn't put them in order for the first day applications.
Now they just found that there are two many from UPS and purolator.
The worst scenario is they received more than 5000 in the first day.
Now they don't know how to assign left quota to UPS or Purolator because all intakes will exceed the limit?
This is just my imagination :-[ :-[)
If more than 5K applications were received on Jan 2, then by now CIC would have announced that CAP has been reached. Because if they go on accepting applications till today, at one point of time they will have to return all those applications, which involves cost and time. So I guess that 5K applications were not received on Jan 2.

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
kaiser72 said:
Both Purolator and UPS posted wrong delivery time in the notification, I think.
Why do you think UPS also has the wrong delivery time? (I'm assuming you're talking about the 10:47am batch)

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
Purolator not only delivered the parcels late but also had the nerve to report a fake time of delivery! No way they stood in the line from 8:45 am (when they claimed their driver arrived) until 12:30 pm (when they post the delivery time). There is a good chance that they saw the line up,so left the place and came back for a later time!
BTW, no CC is charged as for today...does it mean they already reached the cap?
nonos said:
I am kind of certain its wrong deliver time as well. Hopefully its for the best for all of us.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
casalim said:
If more than 5K applications were received on Jan 2, then by now CIC would have announced that CAP has been reached. Because if they go on accepting applications till today, at one point of time they will have to return all those applications, which involves cost and time. So I guess that 5K applications were not received on Jan 2.
If 5K application were received on Jan 2nd, CIC would not be able to announced the CAP even by now as they first have to go through the 5K applications first for completeness before adding them to the cap. That takes time to do. The announcement could be made next week if it reached the cap next week and are still part of the 5K or more applications that made it through jan 2nd alone, 5K or more parcels that made it though to office on that day alone.

froster

Jan 15, 2015
casalim said:
5k cap doesn't mean 5k applications received. They will open each one and check for completeness, and then processing payment. If both succeed it will count as one in 5k. So they cannot announce cap reached until they have 5k applications that are checked and paid.That will take several days

pansota

Jan 15, 2015
Just want to share good new.
Sent application on Dec 31,FEDEX,received on Jan 02 at 11:31 am :D
Credit Card charged 2-hours ago,03:23 PM (EST){Got confirmed from bank}
So do not loose hopes.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
casalim said:
Untrue. CIC typically announced the cap has been reached weeks or even months after a cap has actually been reached.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay Thanks Mine was in the same batch as yours! But I included a certified check in my application. So I won't know if mine is through or not!

Last year my application was recieved on time, but my credit card didn't go through :( so I missed my turn!!! I decided not to risk it this year.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
casalim said:
Exactly ! Thats why they rush going through applications so they can make that annoucement soon.

tattakahn

Dec 31, 2014
Just received the application package back from CIC. IMM 1344 used was from 2013. Aside from change in dependent age limit in fine prints ( which didn't apply to my application ) there was no difference in forms. Good luck to everyone whose applications got accepted..

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
tattakahn said:
Just received the application package back from CIC. IMM 1344 used was from 2013. Aside from change in dependent age limit in fine prints ( which didn't apply to my application ) there was no difference in forms. Good luck to everyone whose applications got accepted..
Oh no! I am so sorry :(

butlergerrard

Jan 15, 2015
tattakahn said:

When was ur application received at CIC?Sa to hear the news though. Better luck next time.

tattakahn

Dec 31, 2014
I used FedEx, it was received on Jan 2 at 9:41 AM. I'm unable to update the sheet; Anyone that has access, if you don't mind please update my application status.
It was a technicality but oh well.. One man's loss is another man's gain..