+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nush78l said:
There is a 2-5 business day delay for credit card transactions to show so dont worry yet. You can try calling your CC company to check if the CIC transaction was put through ("Authorized" stage).

Thats what i did, as it wasnt showing any of my Jan 9th transactions via phone or online, so i called my CC company to check. They confirmed that there was a CIC transaction authorized on Jan 9th and that it will show on my transactions list in 2-5 business days. I still want to see that darn transaction online for myself!!!

My application was received by CIC on Jan 2nd at 8:36 AM and my CC was charged on Jan 9th.

Good luck everybody!!!
Most CCs (except American Express) show real-time temporary charges. If you have AE, you can find out about the charge by looking at your available credit (your available credit goes lower (by the charge amount) after a temp charge is applied to your CC).

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
OP_POP said:
Most CCs (except American Express) shows real-time temporary charges. If you have AE, you can find out about the charge by looking at your available credit (your available credit goes lower (by the charge amount) after a temp charge is applied to your CC).
never wanted someone take my money so badly.
keep eyes on it on it and keep disappointed and disappointed. :mad:

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
If the Purolator truck had "thousands of items" (applications!)by itself, probably Fedex or UPS or who ever was in that line first already filled the cap!

AndreyU said:
I had a chat with a call center agent of Purolator at around noon on jan 02 and he told me that the truck had thousands of items, and that the driver arrived on time, but applications were still being scanned. Seems like Purolator faked time on a proof of delivery. Apparently cic will take into account the actual acceptance time, and not the one reported by Purolator to us. Then why did they charge us for 9AM delivery?

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
fneda said:
If the Purolator truck had "thousands of items" (applications!)by itself, probably Fedex or UPS or who ever was in that line first already filled the cap!
I take that "thousands of items" with a grain of salt. But even there were thousands of items, not all were destined to that building. And for the small subset of those packages that were delivered to that building, not all were sent to the same department. We're not talking about thousands. I'd be surprised if there were more than 200 applications in that truck.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
Most CCs (except American Express) show real-time temporary charges. If you have AE, you can find out about the charge by looking at your available credit (your available credit goes lower (by the charge amount) after a temp charge is applied to your CC).
Thats how I monitor it too. Mastercard is the same. I guess most major cards show real time credit limit

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
inLinE6 said:
I take that "thousands of items" with a grain of salt. But even there were thousands of items, not all were destined to that building. And for the small subset of those packages that were delivered to that building, not all were sent to the same department. We're not talking about thousands. I'd be surprised if there were more than 200 applications in that truck.
This was exact wording he used: "thousands of items" on the truck. He also mentioned that this is the same truck as for 10:30AM delivery, but assured me that those for 9:00AM were delivered earlier, but that was not true because some people from this thread who opted for 10:30AM delivery with Purolator also got 8:45AM stamp. Then he assured me that my "application" (he used this word) will be scanned along with others. They are well aware of what was going on, and I am sure that there were mostly (90%) "applications" to PGP among other "thousands of items". I think there was a complete mess on jan 02 at cic mississauga and even sending for a "guaranteed 9AM" may not guarantee making it to the cap as we never know how those "thousands" are accepted and timestamped.

happytrip

Jan 13, 2015
TD credit card center sent me a new card in Nov. 2014 with my old name. I did not think that would be a problem so i filled the payment form with my old name.

I called TD, they said a transaction happen this afternoon 3:29, but it was not succeeded. I asked TD to update my the same name as what I filled in the form. They did but I do not know if CIC would try to charge money again or not.

fneda

Jan 9, 2015
I agree with you. It is not hard to imagine a few thousands of applications from all over Canada arriving in the first few hours of Jan 2nd, when there is a line of major courier truck drivers behind the door! We did our best but Purolator and CIC performance here was not as expected! Are they going to accept one application only because it used e.g. FEDex and not the other one because it is delivered by e.g. Purolator or Canada post!? so not fun!

AndreyU said:
This was exact wording he used: "thousands of items" on the truck. He also mentioned that this is the same truck as for 10:30AM delivery, but assured me that those for 9:00AM were delivered earlier, but that was not true because some people from this thread who opted for 10:30AM delivery with Purolator also got 8:45AM stamp. Then he assured me that my "application" (he used this word) will be scanned along with others. They are well aware of what was going on, and I am sure that there were mostly (90%) "applications" to PGP among other "thousands of items". I think there was a complete mess on jan 02 at cic mississauga and even sending for a "guaranteed 9AM" may not guarantee making it to the cap as we never know how those "thousands" are accepted and timestamped.

inLinE6

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
happytrip said:
TD credit card center sent me a new card in Nov. 2014 with my old name. I did not think that would be a problem so i filled the payment form with my old name.

I called TD, they said a transaction happen this afternoon 3:29, but it was not succeeded. I asked TD to update my the same name as what I filled in the form. They did but I do not know if CIC would try to charge money again or not.
Did you ask TD what transaction was attempted this afternoon? Are you sure it was from CIC? If it was, you'd better call right now (or tomorrow, since it's after 4pm already). It's in their instructions that failed CC transactions will result in returned documents. So you better act quickly to let them give a second chance. It'll be too late once they finish processing your documents and put them aside. Hope the best for you!

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happytrip said:

This is pretty unfortunate. In the guide, it mentions:

CIC will return your application in all of the following circumstances:

The Fee Payment Form – for Sponsors of Parents and Grandparents (IMM 5770) is not included in your application;
Fees are not paid by certified cheque or credit card;
Payment is declined when CIC attempts to process the fees required
The credit card used for the payment of fees expires in less than nine months after the date on which you submitted your application;
The fee amount authorized on the Fee Payment Form is insufficient.

I hope they try again!

qqq2015

Jan 3, 2015
happytrip said:

OMG, I hope CIC will try to charge your card again. It seems there is so many little things that can go wrong. I sent in the certified cheque. I think there is no way I can find out when my cheque got cashed. Btw, what time was your application delivered?

polaroffer

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
qqq2015 said:
OMG, I hope CIC will try to charge your card again. It seems there is so many little things that can go wrong. I sent in the certified cheque. I think there is no way I can find out when my cheque got cashed. Btw, what time was your application delivered?
Usually CIC gives it a second chance.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
happytrip said:

OMG, I would phone CIC at least five times to tell 5 different agents to make sure they pass on the note to give your cc another try.

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Just checked processing times on CIC website - its 44 months! for PGP sponsor approval. It was 41 months before last update... So backlog has been decreased, but processing times still go up!!! It's a lottery to get in - and it's long wait to get through. I don't believe cic saying about improvements, but still hope for the best. Good luck everyone!

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
happytrip said:

Certified Cheques are the safest. Through one do not know when they are encashed. In normal PR application applied under skill category, three times credit card is tried.
But not sure about PGP applications. Many people do below things
1> add two payment forms with different credit cards info
2> People do not use credit card till cic changes it, lest if it is stolen or on-line compromised. a new card issued will invalidate the given payment information.
3> insufficient funds error can also occur, so do not use it for other purchases during this time
4> also last year someone's credit card info was wrongly applied by cic agent, probably wrong validation date. So it was refused. through such occrances are rare.

I will suggest send another application right away while try to fax them new payment form or email them new payment form( missiguga pgp offie) CIC call centre phone is good for nothing in this situation