+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
kaiser72 said:
I think everyone in Canada has at least one friend or relative who lives in Toronto or nearby. People who live outside of GTA should have mailed their packages to their friends first, so that their friends could have mailed it to CPC on 31st.
I don't, and if I do firstly-why would they go out of their way to do it and secondly what if the forms change on the last day of the year.

That's why I waited till the 2nd to mail it and being a resident outside GTA I could not do same day delivery on Jan 2nd. It arrived on the 5th.

It was supposed to be delivered at 8 but because of the line up it was delivered at 11. I called 3 to 4 times in those 3 hours to FedEx and requested over the phone to be delivered before 4'O clock. I received I phone call after they delivered my package.

dowhile

Jan 8, 2015
screech339 said:
Yes I understand what he and you meant. But read my post regarding it as well. The issue will still remain the same with the current system now.

The odds of getting in the 5000 cap gets smaller in each pasting year as new sponsor and those who missed the cap gets bigger and bigger. The only difference with the current system is the longer line up outside CIC office on opening day and as each year passes, those on the opposite coasts will get push out by sponsors closest to CiC-M as they have the geographical advantageous.
Too make your proposal fair. We could modify the draw system into favor percentage. If you did not get drawn in the first year, you chance will be increased the following year, there after. The system is always favoring the "early" people...

kaiser72

Dec 1, 2014
nikary said:
I don't, and if I do firstly-why would they go out of their way to do it and secondly what if the forms change on the last day of the year.

That's why I waited till the 2nd to mail it and being a resident outside GTA I could not do same day delivery on Jan 2nd. It arrived on the 5th.

It was supposed to be delivered at 8 but because of the line up it was delivered at 11. I called 3 to 4 times in those 3 hours to FedEx and requested over the phone to be delivered before 4'O clock. I received I phone call after they delivered my package.
There is always two sides of a coin. It's hard to find one unique solution that makes everyone happy. I tried to find a way that could help outside GTA people.

My friend will always do it for me. If the forms changed on the last day of the year, everyone went through same situation (GTA or outside GTA). It takes 4-5 business days via FedEx to get application package (with parents signature) from my home country. I am pretty much sure that some people could receive theirs within 2 business days depending on where their parents live in. That's also unfair, right?

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
screech339 said:
You think you have control over the current system but really you don't. It is still luck of the draw if everyone regardless of what courier you use. Only those who are closest to GTA has the advantageous regardless if everyone prepared it all ready in time for opening day.

Screech339
I don't think there's any significant advantage for people in the GTA. I mailed my application from outside Canada by UPS express and it was there in the morning on January 2nd. The thing is, the courier decides what time to get his ass over there, whether it's a local courier shop or UPS/Fedex/etc.

Just don't use Canada Post. I don't understand why people are trying to save on postage with something important as this. Sponsorship already costs quite a bit of money and if you miss the cap you lose a year.. so just use the best service you can.

dowhile

Jan 8, 2015
jhutti said:
Rich people do not pay more taxes. That's why investor program was stopped. There is no charity on my taxes. It is due to existing welfare & affordability issue, Govt do not allow more PR visas to get issued per year for our parents. People who work, to pay more taxes should get opportunity to participate using EE type approach for parents immigration.
Anyway guys, we cannot make any policy on this forum. Just waiting for CC to start getting charged from next week onwards
This is one of the false argument about rich immigrant. Some investment immigrants are like you said, but some other rich people are not. The sales tax on a lamborghini alone is more than your income tax for the whole household. The property tax for those rich people is more than yours. When they purchase a yacht or birkin, the taxes is higher than your whole year of GST. Even if they don't work, they still pay more taxes than you do.

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
dowhile said:
Too make your proposal fair. We could modify the draw system into favor percentage. If you did not get drawn in the first year, you chance will be increased the following year, there after. The system is always favoring the "early" people...
This sounds fair!!!!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
You think you have control over the current system but really you don't. It is still luck of the draw if everyone regardless of what courier you use. Only those who are closest to GTA has the advantageous regardless if everyone prepared it all ready in time for opening day.

Screech339
I see a different picture at the 2014 PGP Application timeline.

Although it's just a sample data from vast applications; it gives you the true picture of 'first come first serve'. The earlier it reaches (partly it's up to you); the better chance you have. I don't see any problem if your correct application reaches CIC by the morning on Jan 2. The longer you wait; the worse it gets (no brainer). Then, how can you say that you don't have any control over your application? :-X

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
I see a different picture at the 2014 PGP Application timeline.

Although it's just a sample data from vast applications; it gives you the true picture of 'first come first serve'. The earlier it reaches (partly it's up to you); the better chance you have. I don't see any problem if your correct application reaches CIC by the morning on Jan 2. The longer you wait; the worse it gets (no brainer). Then, how can you say that you don't have any control over your application? :-X
Let say for arguments sake, everyone has a perfect application and that all the parcels landed at the door of CIC. What are the chances your application will get in the 5000 cap? Are you saying you have control over your application on getting in the 5000 cap? No you don't. The odds is still the same just hope your courier delivered your package before someone else does. Nothing more.

winnipegger

Aug 31, 2013
What's the point of arguing you guys? Lets create a timeline and wait patiently and it will all unfold in front of our eyes.

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
karamba said:
Most likely it's too late to mail it at this point.

My suggestion for next year is to plan everything out. Start the paperwork early. Get all the forms filled out and supporting documents ready by mid-December. If your parents are not in Canada, figure out how to get their signatures because scans are not acceptable. Check and double-check everything and mail your application by courier. As you can see too many people have issues with Canada post.
Can you tell me where in the guide showing that scanned signatures are not acceptable? Thanks

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Adrielle said:
Can you tell me where in the guide showing that scanned signatures are not acceptable? Thanks
The applications have to be in original form thus original signature is part of application being original. If the application is scanned with signature it is not technically an original document.

If CiC wants original police report, do you send in a photocopy of it with scanned signature or send in original that has original signature on it. Same concept applies to application forms.

FSWCEC

Star Member
Mar 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnipegger said:
What's the point of arguing you guys? Lets create a timeline and wait patiently and it will all unfold in front of our eyes.
Agree

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I agree as well. Who wants to start and maintain spreadsheet.

Screech339

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Currently CIC are working on parent applications from end of 2009 and beginning of 2010. Long time yet before they start on this year's applications.
Cases between 28 May 2010 and 30 April 2011 were asked for additional documents at end of July 2014. That letter was sent to about 20000 applicants. Majority of processing for these cases will begin sometime this year and then into 2016.

At the closure of parent sponsorship in Nov 2011 there was a backlog of approximately 165000 parents waiting. We were told that will be halved by 2015 and then backlog will be about 50000 going forward.

Last couple of years visa allocation was 25000 for parents. this year in 2015 it is 20000 only. I think most people can see that even after 2015 there is still a significant backlog to clear. Don't forget that probably around July or Aug the final lot of applicants (May 2011 to Nov 2011)who applied before the programme was suspended in Nov 2011 will begin processing. This will take us well in 2016 and probably 2017.

Then in 2017 or likely 2018 it is likely CIC will begin on the applicants who applied in 2014 under the new redesigned programme.

Unfortunately its a very long wait. Most forum members have had to wait many years and while I do hope going forward things become faster I wouldn't count on it.

All the best to everyone waiting.