AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I suspects the cap may get reached probably within the first week. That doesn't mean that if you send the application later this week, mean you will make it in the cap. It just means that it is possible due to people who missed last year's cap or had their applications returned due to incomplete forms, will not make the same mistake again. It is possible that the cap be reached in the first week of parcels but the announcement won't be made until 3rd or 4th week of jan once CIC sorts through the parcels.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
civic said:
Some CIC webpage still show money order is not accepted for PGP sponsorship (read the fee payment section under instruction guide). Some say it will be accepted. So as a precaution I recalled the first one. The processing clerk may not realize the updates on acceptable payment methods. Anything can happen so I'd rather be safe.
I went to my bank at RBC and they told me that i can use a bank draft instead of a Certified Cheque. Spoke with a CIC agent, and they said follow instructions exactly as provided. I went back to my bank and got them to cancel my bank draft and i took ina personal cheque and got it certified.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lola2301 said:
Yes, but They couldn't help or give any explanation ... Now the status changed to "out for delivery".
Hard to imagine that the cap hasn't been met on the first day, maybe second. My partner and I sent in two applications, and there was already 7-8 applicants who made it to Purolator before us at 8.15 am on the 31st of Dec. Our applications got accepted at 8.45 am on Jan 2, and i was informed by purolator that the line up was massive.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
Bessy said:
Hahaha.
Okay, I phoned Canada Post and they "assured" me that my parcel is already in the immigration mail room yesterday around 1pm. I asked what happened to the signature required? And the agent said it is up to the government to provide one. So useless, I will never use Canada Post again for important documents like this.
I agree. Do not use Canada Post for such services. The time frame is so short that it is better to use a private company. There was once a time where CIC required the use of Canada Post, but now that they've made it open, no reason to use Canada Post. I used Purolator. Sent on Dec 31, and receieved by CIC on Jan 2 at 8.45am with signature.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bessy said:
Do you think processing will be faster for 2014 and 2015 applications? To those who are stalking the processing time for PGP, did it improved compared in the past? CIC is saying that they are on track on cutting the backlog, that's why I am wondering.
I read somewhere 50k old apps are pending, with 5k last year & 5 k this year. That’s makes it 60 k pending applications.
Annual visa issue on this category is I guess around 15-20k . So within 3-4 years this year applicant’s cases should get finalized.
Main thing is get in line.
For old cases, CIC is asking again the option C/NOAs for latest 3 years . Luckily for old cases, income requirement level is not that high.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kevinsouza said:
Hard to imagine that the cap hasn't been met on the first day, maybe second. My partner and I sent in two applications, and there was already 7-8 applicants who made it to Purolator before us at 8.15 am on the 31st of Dec. Our applications got accepted at 8.45 am on Jan 2, and i was informed by purolator that the line up was massive.
That just purolator. Imagined it at Canada Post, DHL, UPS and take that image and imagine it all over Canada. So I wouldn't be surprised assuming all parcels are completed and signed, the parcels alone in the first week could reach the 5000 cap.

It may come to the luck of the draw of getting in the cap. May be that those who live in Ontario closest to CIC-M office would get the advantage over those sending the papers from BC, Atlantic regions.

Screech339

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinsouza said:
I went to my bank at RBC and they told me that i can use a bank draft instead of a Certified Cheque. Spoke with a CIC agent, and they said follow instructions exactly as provided. I went back to my bank and got them to cancel my bank draft and i took ina personal cheque and got it certified.
it is 50% chance that they might accept money order & bank drafts. Glad you make correction. I only realised after sending the first application. The decision to accept such payments will solely depend on payment clearance section. No one knows, not even CIC agents know about what will happen. We will know in couple of weeks time.

kevinsouza

Star Member
Jan 31, 2012
screech339 said:
That just purolator. Imagined it at Canada Post, DML, UPS and take that image and imagine it all over Canada. So I wouldn't be surprised assuming all parcels are completed and signed, the parcels alone in the first week could reach the 5000 cap.

It may come to the luck of the draw of getting in the cap. May be that those who live in Ontario closest to CIC-M office would get the advantage over those sending the papers from BC, Atlantic regions.

Screech339
Agreed. It's crazy. That was one purolator in Calgary. Once you start thinking of all the purolators in all the other cities and as you said DHL, etc. cant see it not being reached on the same day, although it does seem like there might have been a few errors by people. Fingers crossed guys.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
jhutti said:
I read somewhere 50k old apps are pending, with 5k last year & 5 k this year. That's makes it 60 k pending applications.
Annual visa issue on this category is I guess around 15-20k . So within 3-4 years this year applicant's cases should get finalized.
Main thing is get in line.
For old cases, CIC is asking again the option C/NOAs for latest 3 years . Luckily for old cases, income requirement level is not that high.
3-4 years I think is reasonable if that includes step 2.

Bessy

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Lola2301 said:
Yes, but They couldn't help or give any explanation ... Now the status changed to "out for delivery".
The agent I talked to seems aware that it is urgent, she asked right away if this is PGP parcel. I guess she already received hundred of calls today about such parcels.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Rossei said:
FYI:

Although CIC said it reached 5000 cap on Feb 3 last year, I think it was filled a bit sooner, around Jan 21. If you look at the 2014 timeline; CIC charged CC after 1~2 weeks in Jan which indicates the application making to the FIFO 5000. Later in Jun-Jul, the applicants received AOR. This year, I'm assuming it would fill up lot quicker.

Source: 2014 Parent Grandparent Sponsorship Timeline
I used Purolator, $41 given to an agent near me on 31st and got notification that it was delivered at 8.45am on Jan 2nd. So assuming they time-date stamp them and deal with each by this stamp I'm hopeful I'll get in the cap......though of course I may have made mistakes.
So does anyone know exactly when they start looking at them? Do they start going through them straight away or wait for a week's worth of applications to pile up first? And it seems like credit card charges are the earliest indication?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kevinsouza said:
Agreed. It's crazy. That was one purolator in Calgary. Once you start thinking of all the purolators in all the other cities and as you said DHL, etc. cant see it not being reached on the same day, although it does seem like there might have been a few errors by people. Fingers crossed guys.
Come next year, these couriers will warn the sponsors that due to experience in previous PGP years, they won't guarantee next day delivery, despite you paying for it. They can guarantee it under normal circumstances but this is not normal circumstance. These is package going to the same address everyone is mailing to on the first business day in Jan. In other words, this is the same as Santa Clause delivering the gifts spread across Canada except only in reverse.

Screech339

Californiacicle

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Guelph, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-20-2013
Bessy said:
I will request for a refund, they told me I could do that if it is not delivered within expected delivery time. I was assured it would be delivered January 2nd, and should not be later than January 5th.
We are going to request a refund as well.

We sent through Canada Post Xpresspost. It was mailed December 31st with guaranteed delivery on January 2nd. I just got the notification today that it was received yesterday, the 5th.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Today I have sent my parents application through consultancy and it was reached today.
Hopefully I will be in 5000 cap.
Wish you all best for everyone who applied for the same.

gks_2012

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-01-2015
Lola2301 said:
I guess they will charge cc before making any declaration ... This is the only indication you're in the 5000.
Last year they returned my application on April I missed the cap.
Lola2301,

Just keep patience, it will be delivered soon. You should have opted for Fedex instead. I first went to Canada Post and they had no confidence to get it delivered on time even with the priority service. So, i decided to go with Fedex, used a priority service and sent the package on 30/Dec. They got it delivered once on 31st and returned and did try again on 2nd and made it by noon.

You got to talk to the customer care of Canada Post and sort out the issue with them. Good Luck. Hope all our applications gets through.

Regards,
GKS_2012