+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

spainrino

Jan 6, 2015
singhraminder said:
I am applying for Parents from Quebec and i have already submitted my file, but instead of sending original NOA's i have send copies of NOA's now you can say it was a mistake or unfortunately it was done, can anyone one tell if it is a blunder or they can accept the copies.:(
It's better you don't take chances as thousands of people are waiting to sponsor their parents since almost a year. I was on vacation and couldn't get the required documents. So called up the cic to ask if I can submit the applications by mid Jan 2015. the cic agent told me that the quota is filling up quickly and wasn't sure if I will be too late. I put an off to the office work today and sent the documents by Express Purolator (it is not expensive and faster than Canada post which takes 5 days). the documents should reach by morning. You better not take chances else will hav eto wait another year and you never know the rules in 2016

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
jhutti said:
Luckly I get them to sign two forms each. Now on income proof I have to download NOAs online. That's the best I can do in situation
I wouldn't do that. When I ordered my Option C from CRA over phone; I asked about the online printouts. They said that it's not 'official'. Only NOA and Option C printout are regarded as 'official' to CIC. Fortunately, the lady who answered my call knew about CIC requirements.

FYI, it took almost 10 business days for Option C to arrive. Don't you have the originals or copies of your NOA? Those would be lot safer in my opinion.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
spainrino said:
It's better you don't take chances as thousands of people are waiting to sponsor their parents since almost a year. I was on vacation and couldn't get the required documents. So called up the cic to ask if I can submit the applications by mid Jan 2015. the cic agent told me that the quota is filling up quickly and wasn't sure if I will be too late. I put an off to the office work today and sent the documents by Express Purolator (it is not expensive and faster than Canada post which takes 5 days). the documents should reach by morning. You better not take chances else will hav eto wait another year and you never know the rules in 2016
The rules for PGP in 2016 will remain the same as this year, same as 2014 as well. The only difference in PGP 2014 was that adult 19 and over rule change didn't come in time for 2014 PGP, but it was coming regardless.

sylvia27

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
singhraminder said:
I am applying for Parents from Quebec and i have already submitted my file, but instead of sending original NOA's i have send copies of NOA's now you can say it was a mistake or unfortunately it was done, can anyone one tell if it is a blunder or they can accept the copies.:(
You don't need to fill financial form and send financial documents if you're applying from Quebec. It will be required from you after when your file is accepted and passed by CIC first.

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
spainrino said:
Thanks for the reply, but i have already submitted the file, lets see if it is accepted or not, and since i am quebec, we do not need financial evaluation form at this time, but i did send them copies of NOA's which everyone is saying are not required at this time....just wanted to confirm if it was as blunder or not, i think i am on the safe side but my application is accepted or not, that is a whole different story....

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
sylvia27 said:
You don't need to fill financial form and send financial documents if you're applying from Quebec. It will be required from you after when your file is accepted and passed by CIC first.
Many Thanks Sylvia27....

nikary

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
BethMartin said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for people who put in applications to sponsor parents or grandparents in 2014 or 2015, to interview as part of my PhD research at Ryerson University in Toronto. You may have seen my previous posts in the general parent and grandparent thread, but everyone I've interviewed so far submitted before 2011. It would be really great if I could also talk to a couple of 2015 applicants to find out how it's all gone putting together and submitting an application under the current system (I'd be especially interested in hearing from you if you wanted to apply earlier but couldn't because of the pre-2014 suspension, or because you missed the quota in 2014).

Here are the details:

The purpose of my study is to examine the Canadian Family Class immigration stream, to determine which aspects of the family class immigration stream work well and which aspects need improvement.

As part of the study I am carrying out interviews by person (in Toronto and Ottawa) and by Skype, with individuals from 30 different families who are applying for reunification through the Canadian family class stream of immigration (or who completed the process in the last five years) about their experiences of the application process.

If you are in the process of sponsoring one or more family members to Canada, or if you completed this process within the last five years, you can participate in this study.

If you agree to participate:

- I will ask you to talk to me about the processes you have already gone through (e.g. approval as a sponsor, approval of family members to be sponsored) and your opinions about different aspects of the program. I will also ask you for basic demographic information about the sponsor and the family member(s) being sponsored (e.g. age range, country of origin, gender).

- The interview will take 30-60 minutes and can be in English, French or Spanish, depending on your choice. We will decide on a location, date and time together. If you are in Toronto or Ottawa the place we choose should be somewhere where you cannot be seen or heard by other people, but it should not be in a family home. If you are not in Toronto or Ottawa I can interview you by Skype.

- Any information you give which can identify you personally will be treated as confidential and will be disclosed only with your permission or if required by law. Neither your name nor other identifying information will appear in any written or verbal reports associated with the study. Fictitious or false names will be used instead. I am not affiliated with Citizenship and Immigration Canada and your participation in my study will have no effect on your application for family reunification.

I will compensate you for your time with a gift card of $50 for a grocery store.

If you have any questions or would like to participate in this study please send me a message, or contact me at b22marti @ ryerson.ca, or 613 618 5572.

This study has been reviewed and approved by the Research Ethics Board, Ryerson University (and this post was approved in advance by the moderators of this forum).

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Good luck with your applications :)

Beth

Beth Martin, M.S.W.
PhD Candidate, Policy Studies (Immigration policy)
Ryerson University, Toronto
b22marti @ ryerson.ca
613 618 5572
All I have to say, it is very stress full. I small mistake and your application gets rejected and you have to wait for another year. You want to be around them when they are on their own in home country. They can visit you for sure but they have to go back. They can not sell their property and come here for visit because leaving your property on somebody's mercy(when you have no family left in home country) is not safe. People may take over whatever you owe. Hard to explain in few sentences.

Leolaz27

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I sent my application in on Friday Jan 2 via UPS and received email that it was delivered and signed for at 8:13am Jan 5 2015!!
Woop woop! :)

Hope we make it into that 5000 cap this time ;) (had to wait a year, since missing it in 2014)

Does anyone know how soon CPC will let us know that the cap has been reached?

When are we able to check the status of our application?

If we authorized payment by cc do they charge it right away?

Appreciate the feedback...

Thanks
Leo

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
Leolaz27 said:
Hi
I sent my application in on Friday Jan 2 via UPS and received email that it was delivered and signed for at 8:13am Jan 5 2015!!

Hope we make it into that 5000 cap this time ;) (had to wait a year, since missing it in 2014)

Thanks
Leo
Last year, CIC annouced on February, 3rd that the cap of 5000 applications has been reached.

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
Leolaz27 said:
Hi

Thanks
Leo

Well i hope i can make it too as i sent my file yesterday and this morning around 8am i got notification that it was delivered and signed by them.:)

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
Hi guys,
I'm soooo angry, I sent my application on December 30 xpresspost (2 days delivery) still not delivered :mad:
This is what the tracking shows since January 2:
Description : Item processed at local delivery facility Additional Information: The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications.

singhraminder

Jan 5, 2015
Lola2301 said:
Hi guys,
I'm soooo angry, I sent my application on December 30 xpresspost (2 days delivery) still not delivered :mad:
This is what the tracking shows since January 2:
Description : Item processed at local delivery facility Additional Information: The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications.
This happens with Canada Post, i went yesterday and asked bout when my package will reach and she said next day before 5pm, but i did not wanted to wait that much so i chose UPS, i submitted my docs yesterday noon and they were delivered this morning at 8 and signed as i requested the signature. But one of the employee in another store told me the even if Canada Post says it will reach next day, it will take at least 2 days.

Saur

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo..now I guess CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2011
Doc's Request.
June 28, 2013
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
Med's Request
August 13, 2013
Med's Done....
August 15, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
21-08-2013 (got the passport back on Aug 30, 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2013
LANDED..........
03-09-2013 @ Rainbow bridge...
Folks who sent the applications via Canada post (Expresspost)..

I'm in the same boat. I live in Mississauga and I sent the application on Dec 31, 2014 hoping to delivered it on Jan 02nd but no luck on Jan 02 and then noticed out of delivery message on jan 05.

I waited until 5pm but no update at all then I called Canada Post and I have been advised that, there will not be any further updates :mad: as the applications have been delivered in the Mailing Room and it's up to the receiver to sort the applications and provide the update ??? Doesn't make any sense.

Just wanted to share my experience...

PS. I did request the Signature Guarantee.

Lola2301

Jan 6, 2015
I think they're having huge number of applications on their Local facility :eek: that's why they couldn't reach their standard ... I missed the cap last year, I thought this would be ok this year :(

Adrielle

Jan 1, 2015
singhraminder said:
This happens with Canada Post, i went yesterday and asked bout when my package will reach and she said next day before 5pm, but i did not wanted to wait that much so i chose UPS, i submitted my docs yesterday noon and they were delivered this morning at 8 and signed as i requested the signature. But one of the employee in another store told me the even if Canada Post says it will reach next day, it will take at least 2 days.
I sent for the first time my package on december, 30th. They said that it will not arrive before January, 2nd but finally my package arrived on december 31th. I had to send another package on january, 2nd and now I have seen ''Out for delivery'' since yesterday but it has not been arrived until now :mad: