+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
startupphase said:
We came in Canada in June 2011 ...Are we eligible to sponsor for PGP
You have to meet the financial requirements for 2011, 2012, and 2013 (all 3 years). So if you do not meet the 2011 year, i think you have to wait till next year.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Payment of fees: saw another post for someone asking if they can make the payment online for parents sponsorship - is this an option?

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
Is the fee payment has to be certified cheque or can it be done by Demand Draft also. I went to my bank today and they said for certfied cheque i will need to bring my own cheque and the bank will certify it which is different from the demand draft which is issued directly by the bank. The instructions clearly says payment will be accepted by certified cheque/Credit Card only.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
champ1 said:
Is the fee payment has to be certified cheque or can it be done by Demand Draft also. I went to my bank today and they said for certfied cheque i will need to bring my own cheque and the bank will certify it which is different from the demand draft which is issued directly by the bank. The instructions clearly says payment will be accepted by certified cheque/Credit Card only.
Certified cheque is a bank cheque, not your personal cheque endorsed by the bank.

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
xenon said:
Certified cheque is a bank cheque, not your personal cheque endorsed by the bank.
Not sure if this is correct. If you do a google search it says - A certified check or certified cheque is a form of check for which the bank verifies that sufficient funds exist in the account to cover the check, and so certifies, at the time the check is written. Those funds are then set aside in the bank's internal account until the check is cashed or returned by the payee.
So clearly a certified cheque is not a bank cheque/draft. But i am confused why would CIC restrict it to certified cheque as normally they do mention bank draft and certified cheque both.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
So, I went to both FedEx agent location and Purolator in my city Sarnia, ON (we don't have many options here). Since the FedEx office will close at 12 pm on 31st; I have to use their drop-off box. And they cannot assure me when the pick-up truck will come (can range from 2pm~4pm).

Purolator confirmed me that if I send the package by 3 pm on Dec 31; it will reach CIC by 10 am on Jan 2. I hope that CIC don't update anything after that.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
So, I went to both FedEx agent location and Purolator in my city Sarnia, ON (we don't have many options here). Since the FedEx office will close at 12 pm on 31st; I have to use their drop-off box. And they cannot assure me when the pick-up truck will come (can range from 2pm~4pm).

Purolator confirmed me that if I send the package by 3 pm on Dec 31; it will reach CIC by 10 am on Jan 2. I hope that CIC don't update anything after that.
So, are you going to be using Purolators next business 10.30am delivery service Rossei? I'm thinking of using the same option.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
xenon said:
So, are you going to be using Purolators next business 10.30am delivery service Rossei? I'm thinking of using the same option.
Yes. I will have till 2 pm tomorrow for any update CIC makes.

I strongly think CIC isn't going to make changes anymore. Mainly the sponsor's forms get updated (which CIC already did in Aug-Nov). The principal applicant's forms stay same for years (only dependent forms got updated due to change in age). I don't expect there can be a change in the forms in 3~4 months after the latest version. Last year, CIC re-opened the whole PGP program and hence there were few last minute updates. Just my 2 cents.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Yes. I will have till 2 pm tomorrow for any update CIC makes.

I strongly think CIC isn't going to make changes anymore. Mainly the sponsor's forms get updated (which CIC already did in Aug-Nov). The principal applicant's forms stay same for years (only dependent forms got updated due to change in age). I don't expect there can be a change in the forms in 3~4 months after the latest version. Last year, CIC re-opened the whole PGP program and hence there were few last minute updates. Just my 2 cents.
Agreed, my thinking is on the same lines as well :)

billinky

Star Member
Jul 18, 2008
Bar Codes 8) This is what I am going to do.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bar-code-pages-form-imm-008-imm-1344-t115039.0.html

champ1

Dec 3, 2014
Rossei/Xenon,

What are you guys using for payment method - Is bank draft same as certified cheque. I am confused as my bank told me they are different.

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Rob_TO said:
Why don't you just courier it on Jan 2 with same-day delivery? https://www.purolator.com/en/ship-track/shipping-services/delivery-services/same-day-services/canada-us-services.page

That is possibly one of the dumbest ideas i've ever heard. If they didn't notice all the multiple applications, you could possibly have all of them accepted initially and have 4 people miss getting into the 5000 cap because of you.
If you did do this, I would hope CIC would just cancel all the applications.

There is no 5 year rule with parents sponsorship, that is only for sponsoring a new spouse.

If you and your wife's combined income meets the LICO amounts going back to 2011, then you could apply for each others parents. You would need 2 separate applications. For your parents you are sponsor and your wife is co-sponsor. For her parents she is sponsor and you are co-sponsor.

You should also meet LICO based on family size including both sets of parents. So if you + your 2 parents + spouse + her 2 parents = 6... more if you have kids.
Thank you Rob_TO and apologies for the delay in ack.