+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnastasiaU said:
That's precisely why I was wondering about multiple applications....all the confusion over when to send, which day to give to the courier etc.....CIC has created this lottery situation by introducing the 5k cap and a lack of very clear guidelines on how and when the applications will be processed exactly. We are at the mercy of a courier or Canada post who may deliver on the wrong day (too early/too late).

Anyway, the way I understand it is as long as it is received after 8am on Jan 2nd then we are ok. Purolator says my best bet is to give to them on Dec 31st for delivery on Jan 2nd. Just have to hope that's reliable. I'm surprised there is no rule written anywhere in this process about only sending one application per sponsored person....perhaps it's a loophole. In any case I don't want to risk them throwing out all applications (though strictly speaking they should not do this if they haven't explicitly stated that it's not allowed).

Another question - do the forms have to be filled out with capital letters. I found another guide that mentioned 'block letters' but don't see that in the guide shown with these forms.
Dont think it really matters. I have in the past filled out other CIC forms in both ways, and it was accepted.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Rossei said:
Hey isha,

I haven't checked with Purolator or any other courier services yet. I will drop by today and find what options I will have. But, I think I will send the application sometime in the afternoon (before last pickup) on Dec 31.
Hi all,
I just called Purolator courier service. They are having with 2 hrs ($59) and 4 hrs ($29) Pick up and delivery options to deliver the package. Once package is delivered then email acknowledgement will be sent. But Still not sure if it is the safe way for delivery or shall be sent by Canada Post?

Your responses are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Little Star

Danka

Dec 29, 2014
I am using Canada Post (Express Post) & sending out package on Wednesday (31st) morning. 1p.m. is Canada Post's cut off for new years eve

Confused by sugestions that CIC will uase delivery date to disqualify applications, Doesn't their website just state:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada will accept new applications to sponsor parents and grandparents starting January 2, 2015. Applications received before January 2, 2015 will not be accepted and will be returned to the applicant. 5000 complete applications will be accepted for 2015.

I don't see any reference to Delivery stamp or delivery date...am I missing something??

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
I guess there are too many posts already on Question 15 of Form 5768 - Financial Evaluation Form, but here is one more -
Sorry for the trouble.

Regarding "Gross Income/Benefits of the Period" Column -
If I worked in one company for three years 2011 - 2014 with $80K salary per year, so I've to fill $240K in this column?

Please advise.

Regards,

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
simarbedi said:
I guess there are too many posts already on Question 15 of Form 5768 - Financial Evaluation Form, but here is one more -
Sorry for the trouble.

Regarding "Gross Income/Benefits of the Period" Column -
If I worked in one company for three years 2011 - 2014 with $80K salary per year, so I've to fill $240K in this column?

Please advise.

Regards,
You can add 2014 gross income as well for that column because it asks for gross income for that period which includes 2014 as well. But they will not take this figure into account. It is what is declared in the other section that matters - your income from 2013, 2012 and 2011 for which you will show Option C or NOA as proof

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little star said:
Hi all,
I just called Purolator courier service. They are having with 2 hrs ($59) and 4 hrs ($29) Pick up and delivery options to deliver the package. Once package is delivered then email acknowledgement will be sent. But Still not sure if it is the safe way for delivery or shall be sent by Canada Post?

Your responses are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Little Star
Courier companies like purloator, fedex, dhl and UPS are all reliable as well. For the same day delivery, you have to be in the GTA though right - Toronto and surrounding areas for city delivery.

Misun

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010
File Transfer...
25-05-2011
Med's Request
01-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-11-2011
I spent last 2 hours reading all the postings. Thank you all so much for sharing your valuation information.
I wish I had read your postings earlier as I'm now scrambling to make the corrections based on what I read.

Believe it or not, I still have some stupid questions and I would appreciate if someone provide answers. ;D

1. What did you guys put for Item #6 (Relationship to principal applicant) on IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) form, under Part 1 (Application to Sponsor and Undertaking)? I put "Parent" as the principal applicant is my father (I am sponsoring my father). Is this correct? or is it supposed to be "Child" as in I am his child?

2. I am completing all the forms for my father (except his signatures). Do I need to complete the "Use of Representative" form? Also, someone mentioned in earlier postings that there is a letter to explain that I completed the forms for the principal applicant (my father). Does anyone have more information on this?

Thank you so much for taking your time to read and respond to my questions! ;)

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
xenon said:
Courier companies like purloator, fedex, dhl and UPS are all reliable as well. For the same day delivery, you have to be in the GTA though right - Toronto and surrounding areas for city delivery.
Thanks Xenon, so what is the best bet? 31st evening or early morning of 2nd Dec?

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
I called Purolator too and it seemed to me like using the overnight service with Purolator - pick up on the 31st for delivery early morning on Jan 2nd seemed like the best bet. With the same day service, I was worried there may be a delay in pick-up. It would be interesting to have some insights from people last year.

I initially wrote the relationship as 'parent' but then changed it to 'child' as this form is written by me sponsoring my mother and therefore MY relationship to her is as a child. It's not clear though. Be interesting to see what others say.

Does anyone know how many applications overall were received this year in 2014 before they announced it was closed?

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnastasiaU said:
I called Purolator too and it seemed to me like using the overnight service with Purolator - pick up on the 31st for delivery early morning on Jan 2nd seemed like the best bet. With the same day service, I was worried there may be a delay in pick-up. It would be interesting to have some insights from people last year.

I initially wrote the relationship as 'parent' but then changed it to 'child' as this form is written by me sponsoring my mother and therefore MY relationship to her is as a child. It's not clear though. Be interesting to see what others say.

Does anyone know how many applications overall were received this year in 2014 before they announced it was closed?
they dont say how many in total they received, only say that they have reached the cap. But last year, the cap wasnt reached until Jan 25 or so. But the process was new last year, there is more awareness, so I would be surprised if the cap doesnt fill up in 2-3 days this time.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Misun said:
I spent last 2 hours reading all the postings. Thank you all so much for sharing your valuation information.
I wish I had read your postings earlier as I'm now scrambling to make the corrections based on what I read.

Believe it or not, I still have some stupid questions and I would appreciate if someone provide answers. ;D

1. What did you guys put for Item #6 (Relationship to principal applicant) on IMM1344 (Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) form, under Part 1 (Application to Sponsor and Undertaking)? I put "Parent" as the principal applicant is my father (I am sponsoring my father). Is this correct? or is it supposed to be "Child" as in I am his child?

2. I am completing all the forms for my father (except his signatures). Do I need to complete the "Use of Representative" form? Also, someone mentioned in earlier postings that there is a letter to explain that I completed the forms for the principal applicant (my father). Does anyone have more information on this?

Thank you so much for taking your time to read and respond to my questions! ;)
1. See AnastasiaU's post below for response.

2. You should only complete the use of representative form if you wish to communicate with CIC on their behalf as part of the application process. CIC will send all communication regarding the app to you and you will act as the conduit. this also allows you to get status on their behalf. There is no letter required explaining that you completed the forms for them. Just make sure you get their signatures in the forms as during landing, they will have to sign in front of an officer and the signatures will be verified.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding what is considered App Received date from the operations bulletin:

Note: Applications are date stamped upon receipt at the CIO and then checked for completeness in order by date of receipt. The “application received” date at the CIO is the lock-in date. Processing offices should therefore maintain the application received date from the time of the applicant's initial submission to the CIO, and process the application to conclusion.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little star said:
Thanks Xenon, so what is the best bet? 31st evening or early morning of 2nd Dec?
Hard to say - there is risk both ways

Dec 31: there is risk that CIC may update forms on Jan 1 causing the app package to be incomplete as the wrong dated form was used.

Jan 2: there is a risk that the cap may be reached by the time your app gets to CIC

I personally am thinking about sending it in on Dec 31st.

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
xenon said:
India is still their country of residence and citizenship, not Canada. They are only visiting Canada, a super visa is not a permanent visa.
Last year in application for visitor visa extension, cic suggest me to put Canada for current country of residence.

little star

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
xenon said:
Hard to say - there is risk both ways

Dec 31: there is risk that CIC may update forms on Jan 1 causing the app package to be incomplete as the wrong dated form was used.

Jan 2: there is a risk that the cap may be reached by the time your app gets to CIC

I personally am thinking about sending it in on Dec 31st.
Tomorrow i am going to Purolator office to look for the options and I am thinking to send on 31st as a safe bet with finger crossed as no form will be changed on 1st.