N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
xenon said:
Only identification pages. The information guide clearly state what the identification pages are as well
Well, I never found where it's written in the guide. It's only written in the checklist:

6. Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent.

Besides, if the sponsor(s) are providing Canadian passport; it states about only the identification pages.

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
Rossei said:
So, waiting till noon on Dec 31 is a safe bet? Aren't updated forms published at 00:01 hours on CIC website?
Hi Rossei,
I just checked with Purolator Courier service ..if I want to mail documents to CPC Mississauga using same day service on Jan 2nd 2015, They dont provide any tracking number for same day service. They just give a confirmation number. Very confused now...if we send papers on Friday Jan 2nd using local courier , they will be delivered on Monday Jan 5th..any other advice will be appreciated.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Well, I never found where it's written in the guide. It's only written in the checklist:

6. Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent.

Besides, if the sponsor(s) are providing Canadian passport; it states about only the identification pages.
I'm sure I saw it somewhere Rossei, now I don't remember where. I am looking at the operational bulletin to see if its in there:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Hi Rossei,
I just checked with Purolator Courier service ..if I want to mail documents to CPC Mississauga using same day service on Jan 2nd 2015, They dont provide any tracking number for same day service. They just give a confirmation number. Very confused now...if we send papers on Friday Jan 2nd using local courier , they will be delivered on Monday Jan 5th..any other advice will be appreciated.
Good info Isha, I wasnt aware that they wouldnt give us a tracking number for same day service. That doesn't help a lot ! I'm thinking of sending it on Dec 31st by Purolator next day 10.30am delivery. I just need to confirm they will not deliver on Dec 31 itself as I'm local within the GTA.

Btw, Purolator has a 40% discount on shipping rates if shipped before Dec 31 :)

isha94

Star Member
Dec 17, 2013
xenon said:
Good info Isha, I wasnt aware that they wouldnt give us a tracking number for same day service. That doesn't help a lot ! I'm thinking of sending it on Dec 31st by Purolator next day 10.30am delivery. I just need to confirm they will not deliver on Dec 31 itself as I'm local within the GTA.

Btw, Purolator has a 40% discount on shipping rates if shipped before Dec 31 :)
Yes Xenon...I am local in GTA too...also aware of the 40% discount....the only trouble now is that what if there is any change in forms between Dec 31 evening or Jan 2 morning? Also, not sure if CIC rejects applications stamped on Dec 31?
Confusion still remains...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
isha94 said:
Hi Rossei,
Hey isha,

I haven't checked with Purolator or any other courier services yet. I will drop by today and find what options I will have. But, I think I will send the application sometime in the afternoon (before last pickup) on Dec 31.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Yes Xenon...I am local in GTA too...also aware of the 40% discount....the only trouble now is that what if there is any change in forms between Dec 31 evening or Jan 2 morning? Also, not sure if CIC rejects applications stamped on Dec 31?
Confusion still remains...
There is no stamp on courier packages, only the shipment created date in the label. I can pretty much create the label anytime and drop it off at a later date, so I don't think CIC would use the shipment created date to accept applications. Even for the citizenship application that I submitted last year, they use the shipment received date as the app received date. They have updated the apps on Nov 2014, so I'm hoping they wont have another update. If they update forms on Jan 1, then it may be difficult for people who's parents live abroad to get signatures. Well, its a risk that we would be taking.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I second xenon here.

As I hear from this forum, there were some last minute updates in the forms on Dec 31 last year which resulted in many applications returned. I'm afraid that it will create a bulk of applications reaching CIC on Jan 2, 2015.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
That's precisely why I was wondering about multiple applications....all the confusion over when to send, which day to give to the courier etc.....CIC has created this lottery situation by introducing the 5k cap and a lack of very clear guidelines on how and when the applications will be processed exactly. We are at the mercy of a courier or Canada post who may deliver on the wrong day (too early/too late).

Anyway, the way I understand it is as long as it is received after 8am on Jan 2nd then we are ok. Purolator says my best bet is to give to them on Dec 31st for delivery on Jan 2nd. Just have to hope that's reliable. I'm surprised there is no rule written anywhere in this process about only sending one application per sponsored person....perhaps it's a loophole. In any case I don't want to risk them throwing out all applications (though strictly speaking they should not do this if they haven't explicitly stated that it's not allowed).

Another question - do the forms have to be filled out with capital letters. I found another guide that mentioned 'block letters' but don't see that in the guide shown with these forms.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AnastasiaU said:
Another question - do the forms have to be filled out with capital letters. I found another guide that mentioned 'block letters' but don't see that in the guide shown with these forms.
I first filled them with Block letters and later I changed all of them into small/regular. I did so to match "Not applicable" (the way it's written in the guide).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
AnastasiaU said:
I'm surprised there is no rule written anywhere in this process about only sending one application per sponsored person....perhaps it's a loophole. In any case I don't want to risk them throwing out all applications (though strictly speaking they should not do this if they haven't explicitly stated that it's not allowed)
There is a rule, you just haven't bothered to do some proper research to find it.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-5.html#h-6

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

Multiple applications

(5) No sponsorship application may be filed by a sponsor in respect of a person if the sponsor has filed another sponsorship application in respect of that same person and a final decision has not been made in respect of that other application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

IP 2 - Processing Applications to Sponsor Members of the Family Class

5.14. Multiple applications

R10(5) prevents a sponsor who has filed a sponsorship application on behalf of a foreign national from filing another sponsorship application on behalf of the same person if a final decision (including a final decision on an appeal to the IAD if the case has progressed this far) has not been made on the first application.

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
Hi,

I've a question on Additional Dependants/Declaration Form (IMM 0008DEP) -
Only my parents (Mom and Dad) are being sponsored. There are no dependents.

Do I have to fill anything in this form and submit it? N/A or something?

Or should I skip this form altogether?

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
isha94 said:
Just a quick question: Is FedEx preferred over Purolator?
For CIC you mean? I think all courier companies are the same for domestic services. For international, I think purolator piggy backs off Fedex or DHL

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
I second xenon here.

As I hear from this forum, there were some last minute updates in the forms on Dec 31 last year which resulted in many applications returned. I'm afraid that it will create a bulk of applications reaching CIC on Jan 2, 2015.
Depnds on what time last year the new forms were uploaded to the CIC site. If they were up in the morning of Dec 31, we are still safe.