+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
What are you submitting re: copies of passport pages for your parent(s)?

All pages
or
Only identification pages
Only identification pages. The information guide clearly state what the identification pages are as well

mukkucanada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Quebec only required to demonstrate last 12 months income -

Do we need meet financial requirements for federal as well or only for Quebec?

Regards

nush78l

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
nerdynurse said:
Hi everyone another question
Regarding fee payment form
Sponsor $75 *1 My husband is co signer for the sponsorship does he have to pay the $75 as well? In other words do I hv to fill out as sponsor *2 $75*2??
Thanks in advance
No its $75 for the sponsor. There is no additional fee for the co-signer.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karamba said:
Don't have a link handy, but I think better to send the original NOAs (or Option C printout which you can get by calling CIC).

I asked the same question but didn't get an asnwer. I put the amount for 2013.
Thanks!

I don't think we need to send any originals. We are sending everything photocopies basically, I don't see why we have to send original NOAs. I called CIC before regarding other application, they said copies are fine.
The "original" NOAs look like photocopies anyway nowadays...
Having said that, if you have Option C already, send them directly.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I don't see any photo requirements in the document checklist for the parents sponsorship application.

But these requirements are mentioned in the visa office specific forms for family sponsorship. Any idea, if the photos are required now or later?

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
Hi,

I've few questions regarding FORM5768-Financial Evaluation -
My family is me, my wife and daughter. I am sponsoring my Father and Mother from India. My Spouse will be the co-sponsor.
This is the first time I am sponsoring anyone, so there are no previous undertakings.

1. Question 3A. Answer is 2. Right?
2. Question 3B and 4, the Answer is all 0s.
3. Question 5, the answer is 1. Right?
4. Question 6, the answer is 1. Right?
5. Question 10 and 11, I don't have to mention any names as there are no previous undertakings. Where do I mention my parent's names in this form? Or do not mention them in this 5768 form at all?
6. Question 12 - since my wife is the co-signer, I cannot put her name in there. right?
7. Question 13 - Do I put both my daughter and wife's name or only daughter's name in this question?

Any advise/suggestions would be really appreciated...

Thanks in Advance.
Simar

simarbedi

Dec 28, 2014
drunkhead said:
I don't see any photo requirements in the document checklist for the parents sponsorship application.

But these requirements are mentioned in the visa office specific forms for family sponsorship. Any idea, if the photos are required now or later?

I don't think any photos are required in the initial application. Maybe in the later stages.

Simar

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question regarding sending applications - is the majority planning to courier application on Dec 31 so it gets to CIC by Jan2 or send it in Jan 2 to get to CIC by Jan 5?

karamba

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
xenon said:
Question regarding sending applications - is the majority planning to courier application on Dec 31 so it gets to CIC by Jan2 or send it in Jan 2 to get to CIC by Jan 5?
Most people will probably mail in December so it gets there on January 2nd.

CIC picked the worst possible date for accepting applications, just to screw with people's holidays lol

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
Does anyone know if you are allowed to send more than one application for the same person being sponsored? Is there a rule against this? Would they be annoyed if i sent 5 applications to sponsor my mother, with different couriers for example on Jan 2nd?

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnastasiaU said:
Does anyone know if you are allowed to send more than one application for the same person being sponsored? Is there a rule against this? Would they be annoyed if i sent 5 applications to sponsor my mother, with different couriers for example on Jan 2nd?
Why would you do that? And Yes, they will reject all other applications once they create a UCI ID for the person being sponsored.

AnastasiaU

Dec 27, 2014
To increase the chances of it being opened and included in one of the 5,000. If 20,000+ applications all arrive on Jan 2nd, there's a good chance that some will not even be opened once they reach their 5k cap of eligible applications........

rajapr17

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
SantoshSharma said:
thanks Rob_TO!!
Hi Rob_TO!!!,
Recently I got my PR(I am primary applicant) and my wife , I am planning to sponsor my parents, Could you please suggest can my wife also sponsor her parents(Did she really need to wait till 5 years since she got the PR recently as dependent on me)
Thank you.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
xenon said:
Why don't you just courier it on Jan 2 with same-day delivery? https://www.purolator.com/en/ship-track/shipping-services/delivery-services/same-day-services/canada-us-services.page

AnastasiaU said:
That is possibly one of the dumbest ideas i've ever heard. If they didn't notice all the multiple applications, you could possibly have all of them accepted initially and have 4 people miss getting into the 5000 cap because of you.
If you did do this, I would hope CIC would just cancel all the applications.

rajapr17 said:
Hi Rob_TO!!!,
Recently I got my PR(I am primary applicant) and my wife , I am planning to sponsor my parents, Could you please suggest can my wife also sponsor her parents(Did she really need to wait till 5 years since she got the PR recently as dependent on me)
Thank you.
There is no 5 year rule with parents sponsorship, that is only for sponsoring a new spouse.

If you and your wife's combined income meets the LICO amounts going back to 2011, then you could apply for each others parents. You would need 2 separate applications. For your parents you are sponsor and your wife is co-sponsor. For her parents she is sponsor and you are co-sponsor.

You should also meet LICO based on family size including both sets of parents. So if you + your 2 parents + spouse + her 2 parents = 6... more if you have kids.