+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re-pinging the thread with this question:

Question regarding forms that produce a bar code.

There are 2 forms as part of the PR application package that create bar codes. The information guide says to place these bar codes on top of the application package. Do they mean place the bar code page for each form as the first page of the form, or take all bar code pages and place them as the first pages of the entire application?

The IMM0008 form has 2 bar code pages and one of the bar code pages also has the signature for the form.

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks again Xenon. Here is the link to IMM5476 E

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Hello there)

Does anybody applying from Quebec? Do we need meet financial requirements for federal and Quebec, or only for Quebec?

thanks

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
What courier services you plan to use to mail your application?
I had bad experience with UPS recently so I want to pick the most reliable service.

xenon

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yano4ka said:
What courier services you plan to use to mail your application?
I had bad experience with UPS recently so I want to pick the most reliable service.
purolator

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Hi all,

Now I am very confused reading the previous thread about the size of the family:

I am sponsoring my mother (no dependents). We have a son born in year 2013. So for family size in financial evaluation form, do I need to put 4 for all year? or

2013- family size 4
2012- family size 3
2011- family size 3

Thanks,

mayank75

Dec 25, 2014
Canadian Living Outside of Canada

I am a Canadian citizen, came back to India to live with my parents in Mar 2014, as I did not find Supervisa too useful (my parents already have 10-year multiple visitor visa). My parents are 70+ and alone, so I want to stay with them rather putting them in situation to go back to India in every 2 years.

My question is can a Canadian citizen living out of Canada sponsor his/her parents for immigration to Canada. I do intend to come back to Canada for kids education and living there forever as soon as my parents are given immigration. If not, will continue to stay in India or will look for immigration to some other country.

If its not permissible through PGP, is there any other way to get the immigration for parents.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mayank75 said:
My question is can a Canadian citizen living out of Canada sponsor his/her parents for immigration to Canada.
No. You must be living in Canada to sponsor your parents.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Simply said:
Hi all,

Now I am very confused reading the previous thread about the size of the family:

I am sponsoring my mother (no dependents). We have a son born in year 2013. So for family size in financial evaluation form, do I need to put 4 for all year? or

2013- family size 4
2012- family size 3
2011- family size 3

Thanks,
Use family size of 4 for all years back to 2011.

BABBQ

Jan 1, 2013
nush78l said:
Yes - we need to submit the Sponsorship Application package ONLY. Parents will be contacted later for any other required forms for PR.
Thanks a lot for the response. Much appreciated.

Simply

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Thanks Rob!

Unfortunately I wont be eligible to apply since my 2012 income is less for 4 persons (though we did not have 4 family members in 2012). The forms are misleading :(

SantoshSharma

Dec 22, 2014
SantoshSharma said:
We are trying to apply for my husbands mom and my parents at the same time, Do we have to submit two NOA?
Can someone please help me. Do we need two NOA if we are trying to apply for both mine and my husbands parents at the same time?
Also can we apply both the application together?

Your help is appreciated!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
SantoshSharma said:
Can someone please help me. Do we need two NOA if we are trying to apply for both mine and my husbands parents at the same time?
Also can we apply both the application together?

Your help is appreciated!
You must submit 2 completely separate applications.

In the app for your parents, you are sponsor and your husband is co-sponsor.

In the app for his parents your husband is sponsor and you are co-sponsor.

For each app you will need NOA for each of you. You will need to meet LICO going back to 2011 for family size including all 4 parents, so that's a minimum of 6 (more if you have kids).

SantoshSharma

Dec 22, 2014
Rob_TO said:
You must submit 2 completely separate applications.

In the app for your parents, you are sponsor and your husband is co-sponsor.

In the app for his parents your husband is sponsor and you are co-sponsor.

For each app you will need NOA for each of you. You will need to meet LICO going back to 2011 for family size including all 4 parents, so that's a minimum of 6 (more if you have kids).
thanks Rob_TO!!