+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring Parents in 2015

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents finally arrived last Friday for finishing their landing, the whole PGP prosess took around 3.5 years, i hope no one else from 2015 is still waiting, if there is anyone, i am sure the application should be in latest steps to be completed.

Reactions: shahtrs

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents finally arrived last Friday for finishing their landing, the whole PGP prosess took around 3.5 years, i hope no one else from 2015 is still waiting, if there is anyone, i am sure the application should be in latest steps to be completed.
A fiend mine from 2015 is still waiting.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So finally my parents fly in for landing from india on last Wednesday. Due my father defense background . Security checks time takes 1 1/2 year extra. Hope remaining fellow 2015 candidates will get their parents PR soon.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

shahtrs

Dec 9, 2014
So finally my parents fly in for landing from india on last Wednesday. Due my father defense background . Security checks time takes 1 1/2 year extra. Hope remaining fellow 2015 candidates will get their parents PR soon.
What do they ask at airport when u land

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
yep, waiting BC from July 2017

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
My parents had medical done in Aug 2016, and provide background information to CIC based on request on July 2017. There is no news since then. The case is in Ottawa. Anyone in the same situation? Is there is anyway to push CIC to move forward? Thanks.

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
My parents had medical done in Aug 2016, and provide background information to CIC based on request on July 2017. There is no news since then. The case is in Ottawa. Anyone in the same situation? Is there is anyway to push CIC to move forward? Thanks.
Medicals are valid for one year - did you receive an extension? I would suggest calling your local MPs office and asking for assistance.

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
I was told that the medical was expired earlier this month actually. Is there a template of email or something similar, which can be used to contact MP for this kind of issue?

Medicals are valid for one year - did you receive an extension? I would suggest calling your local MPs office and asking for assistance.

everhopeful

Jan 16, 2015
I was told that the medical was expired earlier this month actually. Is there a template of email or something similar, which can be used to contact MP for this kind of issue?
There is no template - when you call your local MPs office, they will set up an appointment for you to come in with all your details (File number, etc) and then they will follow up with CIC on your behalf. You will need to show photo ID (driver's licence for example) and sign a form giving them permission to request information on your file.

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
Thank you very much. just curious what is the difference for MP office to step in to check. Would CIC provide more than information ( other than what is on status webpage on line)? or CIC will accelerate the processing of the case because of the inquiry from MP's office?

There is no template - when you call your local MPs office, they will set up an appointment for you to come in with all your details (File number, etc) and then they will follow up with CIC on your behalf. You will need to show photo ID (driver's licence for example) and sign a form giving them permission to request information on your file.

steelcase

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
My mother, principal applicant was asked to do medicals again because first already expired, we just did that and now My CIC was updated to medicals passed. What is next? Also we got an email about prearival services.

How long for passport request after medicals passed? anyone still waiting from 2015?

ttoommyy

Mar 7, 2017
I am still waiting. The background check started one year ago. The medical expired last month. There is no request to re-do medicals again. The processing center is Ottawa. What is your processing center?

My mother, principal applicant was asked to do medicals again because first already expired, we just did that and now My CIC was updated to medicals passed. What is next? Also we got an email about prearival services.

How long for passport request after medicals passed? anyone still waiting from 2015?